Do any of you use micro SD card?

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup, got a 512Gb SD CARD that I keep all my flac music files along with any documents and backups. Its such a hassle to keep copying gigabytes of music after every phone upgrade.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Ever since the original Motorola Droid in 2009. That one had 500 MB of native storage and the 16GB micro SD card was pre-installed. Earlier than that, December 2004, I bought a Palm Treo 650; the wonder of its age. The same day I went to CompUSA (rest in peace) and bought a pair of 1GB SD cards (the full size cards) for my Treo and the one I bought for my girlfriend. Those 1GB cards went for $100 each. The card in my old Treo holds some vintage files and still functions as new. I've always been intrigued that so much can be stored on those tiny cards. Everything has been backed-up multiple times over the past fifteen years.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Been using micro SD cards since my Samsung Note 2 days. That was a loooong time ago. Only difference is my card size keeps getting larger.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Stick with the name brands, from reputable retailers. I would avoid buying from sites like Amazon due to all the fakes out there. Places like Wal-Mart or Best Buy would be the only place I'd buy from.
I buy from Amazon itself but not from any sellers that use Amazon.

lingrm001

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I do. I have about 9000 songs on it. Use Poweramp to listen to them. Much easier when upgrading!

I do the exact same thing, tons of music on my card and use Poweramp to listen. When the Streaming companies offer Eq's with enough customization and sound quality as Poweramp, I will lose the SD card.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Still my preferred method for saving photos from my camera, although everyone should have a second back up many don't.

I've pulled SD Cards out of so many broken and damaged phones with data still intact I'll never trust internal storage for anything I don't need backed up.

I've also witnessed more people cry than I care to remember because I was unable to remove photos from a broken phone. It's alarming how many people move photos to a new phone but NEVER put them on a PC, external hard drive, or on the cloud.

wildhorses11

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
A micro SD slot and replaceable battery were important features when I got my LG V20. Plenty of internal memory for most things, but I put a large music library on an SD card.

My opinion is manufacturers removed the micro SD slot so they could charge absurd money for more internal memory.