Do any of you use micro SD card?

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the original Motorola Droid in 2009. That one had 500 MB of native storage and the 16GB micro SD card was pre-installed. Earlier than that, December 2004, I bought a Palm Treo 650; the wonder of its age. The same day I went to CompUSA (rest in peace) and bought a pair of 1GB SD cards (the full size cards) for my Treo and the one I bought for my girlfriend. Those 1GB cards went for $100 each. The card in my old Treo holds some vintage files and still functions as new. I've always been intrigued that so much can be stored on those tiny cards. Everything has been backed-up multiple times over the past fifteen years.
I loved my Treo 650! I still have it but haven't powered it up in years. It was a great little phone back in the day!
Using a 256GB card for music & picture storage like many here. Amazon is an easy way to backup & just another Prime perk that I use to get my money's worth out of the annual fee.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I use a micro SD card for my phones. In the Note 10+ is a SanDisk 1TB. Have used 180 GB of it. My Note 9 has a 512 GB and used 142 GB. SD card is useful to keep things off of the Internal Storage.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When you have your SD Card as storing pictures.

Why does Google come in and take over the SD card.
And want you to use Google instead.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Copied 382 files, 1 gb data from my Samsung drive .
Tried to copy them into my gallery photo that came with the phone.
It made a photo icon in Google.
So the pictures are no longer in Samsung drive.
They are in google.

Now I had my SD card as where my pictures are stored.

Got to try and figure out what to do now.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Treo 650! I still have it but haven't powered it up in years. It was a great little phone back in the day!
Using a 256GB card for music & picture storage like many here. Amazon is an easy way to backup & just another Prime perk that I use to get my money's worth out of the annual fee.

I also used the Palm Treo 650, plus the 600 and 700 series! I loved the physical qwerty keyboard! But doing that "hotsynch" action for saving files was unreliable, haha! Before the Treo series, I had various generations of the original Palm Pilot, including the Star Trek tri-corder flip up lid model with the stylus pen. But the dot matrix B&W text was horrible! After the Treo series, I had a couple versions of the Palm Pre phone, I thought the whole "card" view thing was cool. I never did get an iPhone when it first got released and kept using my trusty old Treo 650 even after so many friends and coworkers switched over to the iCrap craze. Finally one day, Verizon released the first ever 4G phone known as the HTC Thunderbolt. I was the first in line at 5am at the Verizon store to get the Thunderbolt 4G phone on debut day. It's been Android phones for me ever since. Aaaah, those were the days, LOL! By the way, the Thunderbolt phone had terrible battery life cuz nobody knew at the time how much battery drain 4G phone signal would cause.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE