During the height of the COVID lockdown, there was a pause in robo-calling spam phone calls. Now I'm getting them again. The current worst offender is for a free offer from Marriotts Hotel. Another is for my car insurance or registration. I keep blocking and reporting the spam calls via the phone app, but these same calls keep coming from different phone numbers. Any solutions for this?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-24-2020 01:28 PM
    This has been a issue for awhile , some had good results with blocking and others not.
    Have you tried DND?
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-24-2020 01:39 PM
    don't answer the phone unless it is someone you actually know. that is what I do. guess you could also use something like hiya that will block known spam numbers.
    07-24-2020 01:41 PM
    This has been a issue for awhile , some had good results with blocking and others not.
    Have you tried DND?
    What is DND? When I entered "dnd" in Google Play store, an app shows up for "D&D Beyond" (Dungeons and Dragons game). Is there a link for that app?
    07-24-2020 01:45 PM
    don't answer the phone unless it is someone you actually know. that is what I do. guess you could also use something like hiya that will block known spam numbers.
    Unfortunately, I need to answer all calls during normal work hours. I'm working remotely from home and my office work phone has call forwarding going to my cell number. Therefore I need to answer all calls in case it's a client calling.
    07-24-2020 01:47 PM
    What is DND? When I entered "dnd" in Google Play store, an app shows up for "D&D Beyond" (Dungeons and Dragons game). Is there a link for that app?
    Its Do Not Disturb

In you pull down notifications panel should see a toggle and customize the way you want
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    07-24-2020 01:47 PM
    Its Do Not Disturb

In you pull down notifications panel should see a toggle and customize the way you want
    Oh, thanks. Unfortunately this won't work for me cuz I need to answer all calls during work hours in case it's from a client. My office work phone has automatic forwarding going to my cell phone while I'm working remotely at home.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-24-2020 01:50 PM
    Oh, thanks. Unfortunately this won't work for me cuz I need to answer all calls during work hours in case it's from a client. My office work phone has automatic forwarding going to my cell phone while I'm working remotely at home.
    Ahh gotcha
    07-24-2020 01:53 PM
    I do use the built in spam caller with my Note 10+ but be careful some that said spam were actually customers
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    07-24-2020 01:59 PM
    I recommend Youmail. Great voicemail replacement and the best spam blocker I have ever used.
    07-25-2020 05:52 AM
    During the height of the COVID lockdown, there was a pause in robo-calling spam phone calls. Now I'm getting them again. The current worst offender is for a free offer from Marriotts Hotel. Another is for my car insurance or registration. I keep blocking and reporting the spam calls via the phone app, but these same calls keep coming from different phone numbers. Any solutions for this?
    I get the same ones.
    07-25-2020 07:44 AM
    I've been getting more spam calls, too! I've been blocking them. The day before yesterday, I got two calls from the same international number. Insane!
    07-25-2020 09:08 AM
    Answer, and hang up spam call. You can block all you want, but they'll keep calling from different numbers. They also call from real numbers that they spoof.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-25-2020 10:59 AM
    The last one I got they were going to arrest me because they'd issued a warrant for me. After 33 years in law enforcement I highly doubt there's a warrant for me anywhere for anything.
    07-28-2020 01:16 PM
    I just set my phone to block all unknown callers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2020 05:40 PM
    I've been getting more spam calls, too! I've been blocking them. The day before yesterday, I got two calls from the same international number. Insane!
    I block all international numbers.
    mustang7757 and tube517 like this.
    07-29-2020 12:34 AM
    I tried this from T-mobile today. Looks pretty good blocking calls. I received 5 calls just today as I usually get 1 or 2. Not sure if this helping spam folks to make more calls. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ervices.nameid
    mustang7757 and Ranjen617 like this.
    07-29-2020 01:16 AM
    I tried this from T-mobile today. Looks pretty good blocking calls. I received 5 calls just today as I usually get 1 or 2. Not sure if this helping spam folks to make more calls. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ervices.nameid
    I've heard about this new one , but haven't tried it.
    07-29-2020 01:35 AM
    If you notice as well they will now tell you if the caller has been verified. Works pretty good so far. Unfortunately it's my Verizon number that really receives spam calls.
    07-29-2020 03:33 AM