Strange oscillating static noise randomly occurring

Ryan Simmonds1

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Noticed the past few days a strange oscillating medium-fq - humming, like electrical interference noice randmonly starts, lasts approx a minute then stops.

I first heard it emitting from the phones loudspeakers but yesterday it happened when I answered a call and was audible through the earpiece speaker.

The occurrences appear completely random and Ive not noticed any apps that could be of cause. An app to log all apps/background processes etc might be ideal to rule out an app issue but I have no idea what to use 🤔

Has my device security been compromised? I'm worried to use my phone for any security sensitive purposes at the moment such as banking etc.

I've been trying to Attach a zip with two sound clips, but upon selecting the file and clicking upload I get this error..

'This site can’t be reachedThe web page at https://forums.androidcentral.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_ACCESS_DENIED'

I have uploaded to media fire instead.
https://www.mediafire.com/download/6ckhurdr1t5sbgk

Many thanks for the help

Ryan

Ryan Simmonds1

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi

I have not tried safe mode yet. It appears to happen completely random. Always the same noise and same duration. I also notice that if I have earbuds connected whilst screen mirroring to my Samsung TV, the top rear of the phone gets incredibly hot, I've seen 50'c + from a temp monitoring app, the phone becomes almost unresponsive until I hit airplane mode. If I want to stream to my TV and use earbuds I have to leave the phone on an ice pack.

Since the last update its not been as bad but now I have the strange noise

Ryan Simmonds1

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
I have been thinking this. Factory reset has not sorted the issues.

Honestly I can't say this note 10+ has ever been as reliable as my note 8.
Other issues I've had is Google play getting stuck constantly when installing or updating apps. Clearing cache and data,restart boot menu cache clear rarely fixes the proble. - always stuck at a percentage whilst downloading.if it hits 100% the app won't install until I clear G/play cache. Sometimes takes upto 10 minutes to get past the Samsung boot up screen. Sd card keeps vanishing ,tried a few cards. Oh and the other odd issue is sometimes my music app 'poweramp' will play music spontaneously..usually late at night / early morn when I'm asleep.

If I return the phone for warranty, is there a single all-in-one app that accurately backs up everything -passwords,apps, files, media etc ad every time I use Samsungs pc-based backup software there is always things missing after the restore. I have approx 700GB of data on my phone so cloud based backup isn't really an option.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been thinking this. Factory reset has not sorted the issues.

Honestly I can't say this note 10+ has ever been as reliable as my note 8.
Other issues I've had is Google play getting stuck constantly when installing or updating apps. Clearing cache and data,restart boot menu cache clear rarely fixes the proble. - always stuck at a percentage whilst downloading.if it hits 100% the app won't install until I clear G/play cache. Sometimes takes upto 10 minutes to get past the Samsung boot up screen. Sd card keeps vanishing ,tried a few cards. Oh and the other odd issue is sometimes my music app 'poweramp' will play music spontaneously..usually late at night / early morn when I'm asleep.

If I return the phone for warranty, is there a single all-in-one app that accurately backs up everything -passwords,apps, files, media etc ad every time I use Samsungs pc-based backup software there is always things missing after the restore. I have approx 700GB of data on my phone so cloud based backup isn't really an option.
Hi, welcome!
Your issue sounds all app related , try safe mode like previously mentioned.

Do a back up with Samsung cloud ,smart switch on computer,and google photos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke