Note 10+ or S20+

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I have made up my mind to go with 1 of these phones. I never had a note but it seems to be cool to have the pen and the functionality of it.
Reson for my choice I LOVE amoled screen, already familier with android since I'm using the S8, and the sd card slot. I want a phone with a wonderful camera/video for family portraits, nature, wildlife, scenery and my kids school activities. If these ain't good enough I will go with the I Phone 11 Pro Max, but really dont want any other types of phone. I also like to make enlargements, would any of these 3 be able to make a 11 x 14 or larger with decent picture quality. Any advise please would help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Between these two the experience is pretty much the same, so it comes down to whether or not you NEED the pen. Also, if you can wait a couple months, whenever the next Note is announced, last year's model will certainly come down in price and some good promos tend to appear for the current S-liner.

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
Are the cameras and videos that much different? Biggest issue is I don't want to get one and realize I should have gotten the other. Ive been dealing with research, research, research for months to get the best camera, video and screen. I do this on most big items I buy, I dont do this haphazardly on anything that cost alot of money. I've never used iphone but even the 11 Pro Max has been a big thought, but being so used to my s8 I don't know if the iPhone system would be that much different. I was thinking also about the s20 Ultra but I've read that there's issues with the focus at minimal distance. I do appreciate the assistance!, to many good to excellent phones to choose from, wish there was only 2 or 3 thenit would be an easy pick!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My own choice would be the Note 10 plus but that is because I have one...
The S20 will most likely get 1 more major Android update than the Note

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Cameras on these two are pretty close (plus is the model to go with the S20). Basically you're getting better digital Zoom. With an iPhone (if you're too used to the Samsung way of things, you ARE gonna struggle) the camera is pretty darn good, too. Some prefer the shots from the 11, some prefer the shots from Samsung. If camera is THAT important to you, I'd go and watch one of the myriad of comparison videos out there (there are both between the S20 and Note as well as S20 with iPhone... On every site. All over YouTube. Everywhere.).

If you do decide to go for one of the Samsung ones, the next Note will be announced in 2 days. Just wait until that one is out and you should have one more option to sink your money into, or get a good deal on one of the now-older models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith