Did Samsung drop the ball again?

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I remember when the S20 Ultra dropped everyone complained that it couldn't do WQHD+ and 120hz, why isn't anyone complaining that Samsung is making the same mistake on the Note20 Ultra? This is literally the biggest feature I was looking for and it didn't happen.

Looks like I'm sticking with my Note10+....

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I remember when the S20 Ultra dropped everyone complained that it couldn't do WQHD+ and 120hz, why isn't anyone complaining that Samsung is making the same mistake on the Note20 Ultra? This is literally the biggest feature I was looking for and it didn't happen.

Looks like I'm sticking with my Note10+....
Doesn't surprise me.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Not sure why it’s such a big deal. They didn’t add it due to battery life I believe and really is fhd than noticeable from QHD? I don’t think so personally

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the S20 Ultra dropped everyone complained that it couldn't do WQHD+ and 120hz[. W]hy isn't anyone complaining that Samsung is making the same mistake on the Note20 Ultra?
Wait, how did you establish that it's a mistake? Did you analyze how much more it would cost to manufacture the phone with that capability, or whether that's even possible without sacrificing features that most people want more?

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Wait, how did you establish that it's a mistake? Did you analyze how much more it would cost to manufacture the phone with that capability, or whether that's even possible without sacrificing features that most people want more?

They can't even get the colors and configurations people want of something they've already committed to manufacture.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site

I feel like this is one of those things that Samsung will "fix" in next year's Note making this Note barely an upgrade. I feel like the Note20 Ultra is in the same boat as the Note5 was and not really an upgrade over the previous years model.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. No matter what there would still be complaint threads. I will enjoy my Note 20 Ultra just like I've enjoyed my S20 Ultra
Not sure why it’s such a big deal. They didn’t add it due to battery life I believe and really is fhd than noticeable from QHD? I don’t think so personally

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I feel like this is one of those things that Samsung will "fix" in next year's Note making this Note barely an upgrade. I feel like the Note20 Ultra is in the same boat as the Note5 was and not really an upgrade over the previous years model.

It’s a big upgrade from 10 plus

120hz
5x optical zoom
50x digital zoom
Better S pen features
Better auto focus
Wireless dex

Honestly not sure what people expect year on year. The phone is already a spec beast as it is.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Agreed. No matter what there would still be complaint threads. I will enjoy my Note 20 Ultra just like I've enjoyed my S20 Ultra

I had the option to get the S20 Ultra coming from the Pixel 4 XL but decided on the Note10+ because 1.) It was much cheaper 2.) Read and watched many reviews on the horror stories of the cameras focusing issues and 3.) Had the hopes that Samsung would make the Note20 Ultra have WQHD+ and 120hz compatible.

I don't see how people will happily pay almost $1400 (especially in a worldwide pandemic) for minor camera and pen improvements and Samsung not delivering on such larger improvements like the WQHD+/120hz upgrade.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It’s a big upgrade from 10 plus

120hz
5x optical zoom
50x digital zoom
Better S pen features
Better auto focus
Wireless dex

Honestly not sure what people expect year on year. The phone is already a spec beast as it is.
I agree, from note 10+ upgrade. Coming from s20 series not much of a upgrade, unless you really want the S pen

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I agree, from note 10+ upgrade. Coming from s20 series not much of a upgrade, unless you really want the S pen

I guess it's user preference. I would rather have a crisper higher resolution screen with 60hz over a duller lower resolution screen with a higher scrolling rate. I just tried as a test to see if I would notice dropping my screen resolution to QHD+ and I could definitely tell the resolution drop, for $1400 that's a no go for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree, not from S20 ultra. Don’t think most would upgrade every 6 months
I wouldn't now days. The S series and note series have become basically the same phone, one with a S pen. The S series was a worthy update from the note 10+, the same can't be said about updating from s20 to note 20 IMO.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not the first time. The S6 edge+ and the Note 5 was literally the same phone minus the s pen and non curved screen.
I wouldn't now days. The S series and note series have become basically the same phone, one with a S pen. The S series was a worthy update from the note 10+, the same can't be said about updating from s20 to note 20 IMO.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

This. There is very little difference between the S series and the Note series at this point other than the S Pen. Anyone who has an S20 Ultra shouldn't even waste their money "upgrading" to the Note 20 Ultra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad