Living with my Note 10 Plus for 1 year.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

So today is one year since I brought my Note 10 plus.

The Good 😊

Absolutely gorgeous design and colour. They really got it right with that Aura Glow finish. Still digging it. 😎

Still takes great pictures with the camera especially the ultra wide angle shots.

I love the S pen 🖊 always taking it out. Whether that is jotting down my shopping list on the screen off memo or generally writing a reminder for a certain chore to remember later on. Its fun. Also the kids love the PEN UP and like the doodling.

The screen is amazing and you can't touch Samsung Amoled display in that regard. Been a pleasure to watch the Disney Plus recently.

Fast charging is a boon and compensates for the not soo good battery life especially in the Exynos variant we have in the UK.

Samsung UI to me is a alot more intuitive to use compared to the Touchwiz UI of the past. The Big icons and the redesigned notification panel really helps in navigating around. Looking forward to even more improvements.

Above all Samsung has done well with the update support provided. 18 in total of which 12 monthly security patches, 1 Major Android update and a few Samsung UI feature updates.

The Not so Good 😕

Not much I can say here just that the battery life at times can drain quickly. My mileage varies and also when the kids are watching YouTube or playing games it lasts between 12 to 14 hours with 4 to 5 hours SOT. That is with medium power mode on and optimized settings.

Sometimes or shall I say rarely you can that odd photo here and there that really doesn't come out the way you want it. Like a night mode shot or a wide angle photo. Just a small niggle.

The future 🤔

If I Can keep this phone I hope the battery doesn't detoriate too much hopefully and for me a full days worth of usage is passable.

With Samsung recently announcing their 3 major software update policy. To me if I can see myself keeping this phone long enough lol 😆 (chances are I might be looking at Samsung s21 or whatever they call it) then thats alot of longevity for this phone. It will get Android 12 update till next year, One UI updates looking at the current pattern of supporting the Note 9 and Galaxy s9 long enough it will get all the versions of One UI 4 and security patches till 2023 wow 👏 👍. That would be one heck of a track record for an Android phone but question is how well can it hold up.

My Two cents over thank you for reading this far patience is a virtue.

Stay blessed and safe. 🙏😁

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Great phone ... One of the best phones I've owned ... I've owned plenty too .... I really have no issues with it ... I recommend it to folks looking at the latest ... you can scoop up a great deal if in market for one ...

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The 3 version deal is a great thing and I have no intention of going for the 20 of any version. Fro starters I am only 6 months in to the 10+ and that's a big spend.

It's also the only Note I have been able to customise to as close to my personal preferences without root as possible. I've been on the journey from 1,2,3,4,8 and now the 10+. I would have suck with the 8 longer had I not read several horror stories about re-rooting later Android versions on the 8 and been accutely aware of critical security updates I could not receive otherwise.

The 10+ was an absolute glory though, both by Samsung and Android in their updates. I's never really had major problems with the on screen FPS but many had but even I have noticed marked imptovement in the August update.

The all left button placement is perfect for a right hander like me as I hold the phoned in my left hand and my left thumb has access to all of the buttons comfortably.
Glad to skip the 20 and its right hand buttons and left pen. They will switch it back again in the same way they kept switching the cameras from horizontal to vertical bars every other version. The only true way to see if an ergonomic configuration works globally is to ship it and get feedback.

I fully expect myself to be on my 10+ for at least another 3 years unles a total game changer appears and, for me, the awesome cameras on the 20 Ultra are just something I will lament not having experienced yet but hope to (or better) in the 21 or 22.

I am also loving the Samsung/Microsoft colaberation with continued integeration. Being able to copy/paste directly from Windows to a phone app is great for passing URLs from the PC to SMS or Whatsapp for example.
Dex kinda rules but needs more work. The plan to be able to launch phone apps on your PC as if they were native (but still powered by the phone) is another great step.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. The 3 version deal is a great thing and I have no intention of going for the 20 of any version. Fro starters I am only 6 months in to the 10+ and that's a big spend.

It's also the only Note I have been able to customise to as close to my personal preferences without root as possible. I've been on the journey from 1,2,3,4,8 and now the 10+. I would have suck with the 8 longer had I not read several horror stories about re-rooting later Android versions on the 8 and been accutely aware of critical security updates I could not receive otherwise.

The 10+ was an absolute glory though, both by Samsung and Android in their updates. I's never really had major problems with the on screen FPS but many had but even I have noticed marked imptovement in the August update.

The all left button placement is perfect for a right hander like me as I hold the phoned in my left hand and my left thumb has access to all of the buttons comfortably.
Glad to skip the 20 and its right hand buttons and left pen. They will switch it back again in the same way they kept switching the cameras from horizontal to vertical bars every other version. The only true way to see if an ergonomic configuration works globally is to ship it and get feedback.

I fully expect myself to be on my 10+ for at least another 3 years unles a total game changer appears and, for me, the awesome cameras on the 20 Ultra are just something I will lament not having experienced yet but hope to (or better) in the 21 or 22.

I am also loving the Samsung/Microsoft colaberation with continued integeration. Being able to copy/paste directly from Windows to a phone app is great for passing URLs from the PC to SMS or Whatsapp for example.
Dex kinda rules but needs more work. The plan to be able to launch phone apps on your PC as if they were native (but still powered by the phone) is another great step.

Thanks for sharing your experience Bodestone 😊.

Yeh I almost forgot I have a Hp Windows Laptop and how seamlessly Samsung Dex works with my laptop. Its a notch up in productivity from what already is a beast of a phone. Out of the Galaxy Note series I only had the Note 2 previously and then went to many other different phones. For me coming back to the 10 plus was a big upgrade in everyway. I don't know if you can remember I miss the Action Memo something they apparently took away in the Note 7 or 8 not sure. It was cool to be able to easily convert a number into a contact or jot a appointment and it would ask to add it to the calendar.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Love my Note 10+
I'm intrigued by the Note 20 ultra but my 10+ has not given me any reason to look for greener pasture.
Also, I refuse to get a 5G phone until 5G coverage is actually readily available to use (it is not on my carrier Verizon).
5G on the Note 10+ was said to just be an unnecessary battery killer.
I started with the Note 2 and left for a few years to LG when Samsung took the SD card slot and removable battery.
I came back to the Note 10+ when LG sealed their battery case as well.
Unlike the original post, after 1 year my Note 10+ battery is performing very much like it did from my unpacking (credit goes to obsessively keeping the phone charged between 80% - 40% and keeping it from extreme heat or cold).
My hesitation in moving to a sealed battery has proven to be unfounded because of the long battery life and quick charge capability of the Note 10+.
My wife and kids are constantly scrambling for power cords even with the latest iPhones while I am enjoying the big bright screen on the Note 10+ with only the very small punch hole camera.
I will hold out at least another year while 5G and the Fold technology is improved and the latest Samsung innovations that weren't added to the Note 20 are refined and ready for production.
But they will need to be right for me to give up on my Note 10+ if it is still working as it is today.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I traded mine in for a note 20 only because it was getting to big for me otherwise I would of keep the 10 plus. There isn't much difference between the two except 5g.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience Bodestone ??????.

Yeh I almost forgot I have a Hp Windows Laptop and how seamlessly Samsung Dex works with my laptop. Its a notch up in productivity from what already is a beast of a phone. Out of the Galaxy Note series I only had the Note 2 previously and then went to many other different phones. For me coming back to the 10 plus was a big upgrade in everyway. I don't know if you can remember I miss the Action Memo something they apparently took away in the Note 7 or 8 not sure. It was cool to be able to easily convert a number into a contact or jot a appointment and it would ask to add it to the calendar.

Samsung Notes is just undergoing massive improvements based on the Note 20 updates and they are being propogated back to the 10, and 9 I think. Handwriting straightening, PDF annotation and signing and more. Currently it does offer some of what you are looking for but the note needs to be saved first.

If you jot a note down with a phone number and email address in handwriting and save it hovering the pen over either gives you the option to pgone the number ot email the address Clicking the icon takes you to the relevant app with the recipient populated.
Havent got dates to detect yet for calendard events.

It even detected this terribel handwriting:

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience Bodestone ??????.

Samsung Notes is just undergoing massive improvements based on the Note 20 updates and they are being propogated back to the 10, and 9 I think. Handwriting straightening, PDF annotation and signing and more. Currently it does offer some of what you are looking for but the note needs to be saved first.

If you jot a note down with a phone number and email address in handwriting and save it hovering the pen over either gives you the option to pgone the number ot email the address Clicking the icon takes you to the relevant app with the recipient populated.
Havent got dates to detect yet for calendard events.

It even detected this terribel handwriting:
SmartSelect_20200824-235040_Samsung Notes.jpg

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
What is the camera like in the 10plus as some say over saturated or blurry and some so ok I’ve note 9 and I find it over brightens my pictures have you a few examples please x

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance