Samsung Cloud Battery Drain

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Its been a month now. Tried everything from calibrating battery, soft reset, clear partition cache and some other tricks. Now trying to disable all sync with Samsung Cloud. Battery is heavily draining and luckily lasting about 12 to 13 hours.

Any help much appreciated 🙏 👍

Attachments

• 30453.jpg
    30453.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 35

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess you haven't heard the news that Samsung Cloud is going away. You can probably just uninstall it. They are suggesting to use OneDrive.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've already migrated to OneDrive but I can't uninstall Samsung Cloud or disable it fully unfortunately
Force stop it and monitor by next charge up , I was having this talk with other team members about battery stats and things showing high are kinda misleading because if that app being used for short duration can show high and then go back down. As you see Rolbox is high at the moment because it was in use for little but but will go down after some time .

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Force stop it and monitor by next charge up , I was having this talk with other team members about battery stats and things showing high are kinda misleading because if that app being used for short duration can show high and then go back down. As you see Rolbox is high at the moment because it was in use for little but but will go down after some time .

I was hoping I would see you here soon mustang 😊 (how's the Galaxy note 20 doing )

Yes I will try that again. Let's see.👍

N.b told my boy to stop playing Roblox for a few days and let's see۔

this is today's progress so far still not in double digits about 9 hours since off charge.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was hoping I would see you here soon mustang (how's the Galaxy note 20 doing )

Yes I will try that again. Let's see.
I'm enjoying it , really like the zoom features of the camera, always a pleasure to run into you and others here in the Forums
Hope your enjoying yours also?

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping I would see you here soon mustang 😊 (how's the Galaxy note 20 doing )

Yes I will try that again. Let's see.👍

N.b told my boy to stop playing Roblox for a few days and let's see۔

this is today's progress so far still not in double digits about 9 hours since off charge.

Attachments

• 30461.jpg
    30461.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm enjoying it , really like the zoom features of the camera, always a pleasure to run into you and others here in the Forums
Hope your enjoying yours also?

Yeh One UI 2.5 is a great update. Plenty of nifty features especially the wireless Dex and Camera Video Pro features.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes tred everything signed out and back in, also forced stop numerous times. It just keeps in creeping back up in background usage activity.
Ok try this , go to settings >back up/account >find your Samsung account go to sync data and turn them off all the toggles under sync then next to it back up tap and turn off all those and when you see the next charge that it went down slowly toggle one by one until you see it go high again see which one is giving the issue. Screenshot_20201119-144850_Samsung%20Cloud.jpeg

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok try this , go to settings >back up/account >find your Samsung account go to sync data and turn them off all the toggles under sync then next to it back up tap and turn off all those and when you see the next charge that it went down slowly toggle one by one until you see it go high again see which one is giving the issue. View attachment 329043

Thank you very much I have got to the culprit of the Battery Drain it was the syncing of the Gallery the rest of the apps sync nicely. The battery was taking a toll with the sync of the Gallery. I am now getting the required 16 plus hours with 4 to 5 SOT as normal.👍😊