How often do your restart your phone

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I restart my phone and smartwatch every Sunday whether they need it or not. In fact I restart most of my household electronics on Sunday, and check for software/firmware updates and install them. I've practiced this since the early PC days when it was pretty much a necessity to do on a daily basis.
I've never quite understood why some folks wear it like a badge of honor to seldom/never restart their electronics when all it does is bring back the designed performance of the device and eliminate a lot of issues ...
FOMO. Do you have any idea how much you can miss out on in that 30 seconds? I do...and its scary.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I restart my phone and smartwatch every Sunday whether they need it or not. In fact I restart most of my household electronics on Sunday, and check for software/firmware updates and install them. I've practiced this since the early PC days when it was pretty much a necessity to do on a daily basis.
I've never quite understood why some folks wear it like a badge of honor to seldom/never restart their electronics when all it does is bring back the designed performance of the device and eliminate a lot of issues ...

I've never quite understood why some folks wear restarting the phone regularly like a badge of honor...

sorry could not resist ;-P

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I know with my Samsung phones you can reset restarts to happen automatically, I don't know if stock Android has that feature or not. With it being automatic and happening at a time I choose (in the middle of the night) there doesn't seem to be any possible downside.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know with my Samsung phones you can reset restarts to happen automatically, I don't know if stock Android has that feature or not. With it being automatic and happening at a time I choose (in the middle of the night) there doesn't seem to be any possible downside.
I'm pretty sure it's in Android now

Last edited:

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I only restart my device when there seems to be an issue. Of course, it also depends on the device I'm using as well as some seem more prone to issues. My Note 9 would go for weeks without a reboot, I'd do my KEY2 once a week. And now my Pixel 4XL, I never even bother unless something comes up.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I only restart my device when there seems to be an issue. Of course, it also depends on the device I'm using as well as some seem more prone to issues. My Note 9 would go for weeks without a reboot, I'd do my KEY2 once a week. And now my Pixel 4XL, I never even bother unless something comes up.
For me, the problem of waiting for a issue to reboot is sometimes the problem isn't real noticable right away. I've had it where I wasn't getting notifications for I think email, I didn't notice it right away and had several emails pop up when I restarted the phone, so I just do the weekly early Saturday morning auto restarts and haven't had a issue since.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I only restart it once every 1-2 weeks unless I have a finicky connection or something doesn't seem to be behaving then I'll restart then.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

The problem is, those issues that slowly arrise due to not having restarted the phone for a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon