S-Pen Theramin app?

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It may just be the voices in my head but with the bluetooth S-Pen would it not be awesome if there was a theramin app.

I'm sure it could keep many people amused for at least a week. More if they have someone to annoy with it.

Samsung, or a 3rd party, should make one. If it came with tutorials for gestures to reproduce stuff in theromin sound it would be even better. Startrek theme springs to mind as particularly fitting.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not a bad idea! But I haven't seen any app like that (probably XDA would be a more suited forum for that kind of request/suggestion). There is a dev that has created a mouse app for using the S-Pen as a mouse pointer without having to touch the screen (sMouse), maybe they can adapt the pretty-similar-application-case to produce a sound instead of a mouse emulation.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That's not a bad idea! But I haven't seen any app like that (probably XDA would be a more suited forum for that kind of request/suggestion). There is a dev that has created a mouse app for using the S-Pen as a mouse pointer without having to touch the screen (sMouse), maybe they can adapt the pretty-similar-application-case to produce a sound instead of a mouse emulation.

Isn't that functionaliaty built in to the sPen since the note 1? I remember using it with RDP into work, various drawing apps and the Note itself.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not in the way this is suggesting (and how the S-Mouse app works). This uses the S-Pen accelerometer which wasn't present until the Note 9 I believe? Same with the connectivity; up until whenever the S-Pen gained Bluetooth (and a battery), the only way to keep the S-Pen 'connected' was to hold it close to the screen (which is how it still works without a battery and only for pen input). For this application, the S-Pen is just waved around (away from the screen) like a magic wand and moves the cursor around the screen. Same principle could be used for the Theramin app requested by the OP.