Auto Restart Stopped working on Note 10 Plus

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
After the latest software update in September-October, The Auto Restart feature stopped working on both my wife's phone and mine. I have cleared the cache in the boot rom on both phones, and it still don't work. Aside from wiping the phones and re-installing,

I have also turned off the Auto Restart. Turned off phone and cleared cache. Turned back on Auto Restart and turned off phone cleared cache again.

One other note: it seems like the phones try to restart, but something is preventing it from doing so. The screen turns on at the time it's usually turns off.. Ex: set to restart at 4:00am. Tried at 4:40am. This was the usual time it did it before update.

What else can I do?

Last edited:

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried booting your phone in safe mode just prior to the restart? If it restarts normally while in safe mode, a 3rd party app which you have installed is preventing it from rebooting.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't want to do that b/c it changes my Home page and everything else. But I guess I need to. I'll do it on my wife's tonight... Lol

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well. That didn't go well! I tried in safe mode, still don't work. Took me 2 hours to get my home screen to with again after that. It defaulted back to original Home Launcher. I use Nova Launcher it wouldn't even open that. But finally got that fixed. I might just back up everything and try a factory reset. Didn't want to do this, but I think it's only way. It used to work flawlessly but again, after recent update we got, it stopped writing all together.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party "phone cleaner" or "RAM booster" apps installed?

Nova is a 3rd party app, so as you discovered, it won't work in Safe Mode.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, my bad. What I meant to say was that I went into safe mode tried it overnight and it never worked then I went back to normal mode and couldn't get Nova Launcher to work at all. I finally did get Nova back. I did not have any phone cleaner or RAM Booster apps installed. I have since, factory reset my phone and will try the auto restart tonight.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
So, I factory Reset my phone. Tried the Auto Restart feature and it still didn't work. It looked like it did, I had to put in my PIN when I woke up and it even said, "Enter Password after a restart" HOWEVER, If I go and look at the "up time" in settings, it showed 14 hours and 31 minutes. Also, it didn't do the "Restarting" across the screen that I usually get when I restart. I don't really mind it not working for me, as I have to turn my phone off at work on a daily basis. My wife is the one that uses this feature (Probably the only one too!).

We have AT&T.

Here is my Software Information:

One UI version

Android version

Baseband version
N97SUSQU4DTH7

Kernel version
4.14.117-19541081
#2 Fri Aug 28 1 4ÿ04 :44 KST 2020

Build number
QPI A.190711.020.N975USQU4DTH7

Security Enhancements for Android status
Enforcing
SEPF SM-N975U IO 0020
Fri Aug 28 1 4ÿ03 :36 2020

Knox version
Knox 3.6
Knox API level 32
TIMA 4.1.0
DuaIDAR 1.2.0

Service provider SW ver.

SAOMC_SM-N975U OYN_ATT_QQ 0019
RF8M73F7YBE
An/ATT/An

Security software version

MDF v3.1 Release 5
WLAN vl .O Release 2
VPN PP-MOD v2.1 Release 3.0.1
ASKS v3.1 Release 20200806
ADP v3.0 Release 20191001
FIPS BoringSSL vl.4
FIPS SKC v2.0
FIPS SCrypto v2.4
SMR Sep-2020 Release I

Android security patch level
September 1, 2020

KnowYourDevice

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
Why my Samsung Note 10 plus doesn't get Auto Restart though the settings are done correctly?

have done the 'Auto Restart' settings in my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus phone for every Tuesday and Friday at 3 am. It was working as desired earlier but since a few days, it doesn't get Auto Restart on the days set though the settings are done correctly.

Kindly help me with the solution.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why my Samsung Note 10 plus doesn't get Auto Restart though the settings are done correctly?

have done the 'Auto Restart' settings in my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus phone for every Tuesday and Friday at 3 am. It was working as desired earlier but since a few days, it doesn't get Auto Restart on the days set though the settings are done correctly.

Kindly help me with the solution.

Hi, welcome to AC!
I merged your question here in a ongoing topic with your same issue.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's working on my S20+ and I'm pretty sure it wasn't working on my S10+ before I switched. Device care used to hit me up about every 7 days or so and tell me that my device needed to be restarted so I set up the Auto Restart. Things were going along well until I began to notice that I wasn't having to use my pattern to unlock the device, a sure sign that it had restarted. On my S20+ however I seem to have to use the pattern quite a lot, more than my scheduled restarts, so I really can't tell if it is doing it or not. In another thread the same issue and questions arose, so now seeing it affecting so many Samsung devices makes me feel like it may be broken or they've disabled it. Either way I'm going to turn off Auto Restart and wait to see if Device Care kicks in and tells me to manually restart the device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781