Note 10+ Android 10 update issues

Kendel72

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot have had issues with the Android 10 update, is there any fix for this? My issue is the phone locking up and battery drainage. It will lockup randomly when I am in the middle of typing a text, making or replying to a social media post or on messenger. Its to the point where I am ready to do a hard reset but I doubt that will fix it.

Kendel72

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just remembered I already had an account, yes I wiped the cache but right in the middle of texting, FB messaging or replying to a post, it will randomly lockup. I went back and even double checked to see if I had any new apps I had installed that may be causing it, but not the case.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I just remembered I already had an account, yes I wiped the cache but right in the middle of texting, FB messaging or replying to a post, it will randomly lockup. I went back and even double checked to see if I had any new apps I had installed that may be causing it, but not the case.

Sometimes as a last resort, a factory reset can fix some amazing problems, and make your phone run unbelievably better, especially after an os upgrade. I always try and factory reset after os upgrades.... I've had very good luck doing it that way.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As mustang said, try safe mode. If it stops, it's an app you installed. It takes a couple of minutes to check (and a wait until it locks up or you're sure it won't). The problem then is finding which app is causing it, and there's no easy way. I suggest using something like App Backup & Restore. Back up all the apps you've installed. (If it stops it's not a factory-installed app - they're still running in safe mode.) Copy the .apk files to an SD card or a PC. Delete all the apps you've installed (or do a factory reset). Reinstall your apps (install App Backup & Restore then copy the whole folder of .apk files back to where it was) one by one. Use the phone after each one, until it starts locking up. The last app you installed is causing the lockup. Uninstall that one, then install the rest, and you're good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay