"OK Google" Sound?

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered before. So usually when I say the words "ok google" you'll hear a ding sound. Now it just vibrates, does anyone know how to bring back the sound? I currently updated to UI 3.0 & android version 11.

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Aww man! That sucks, why would they do that? I enjoyed that little feature, im pretty sure many others too...

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I noticed it will only work if youre connected to Bluetooth in your car. But if you have the phone in your hand or away from you it'll only vibrate after saying "ok google"

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine has been broken for a while. The wife has the exact same phone, running the same os version and she receives the ok google acknowledgment sound..... I only hear the sound when connected to the car's bluetooth or through my earbuds. Annoying.....

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Finally found a fix. I needed to reinstall install Nova launcher initiate it then switch back to the stock/ native launcher. After doing so the OK Google notification beep returned!

Hopefully that made sense. Hope it works for you guys too!!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Finally found a fix. I needed to reinstall install Nova launcher initiate it then switch back to the stock/ native launcher. After doing so the OK Google notification beep returned!

Hopefully that made sense. Hope it works for you guys too!!
That is useful information