Am I the only one

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I thought I give Samsung the benefit of the doubt but as we are in April now.

So am I the only one that has not received my March security patch for my Note 10 plus 5g UK unlocked BTU firmware. Not common for this delay I presume it is bundled with the One UI 3.1 update as well. 🤔

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
You are not alone 🙂. My US unlocked also didn't receive March security patch or one UI 3.1. Looks like it's down hill (slower) with the updates from now on for 10+.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They are probably working on the security update along with the 3.1 update. I'm sure we will all get it soon.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone 🙂. My US unlocked also didn't receive March security patch or one UI 3.1. Looks like it's down hill (slower) with the updates from now on for 10+.

Samsung have improved greatly but don't always send updates out by a specific date. I was very surprised to get my March security patch and One UI 3.1 by the 8th of march. There was a month I didn't even get a patch. West Africa Exynos version

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You are not alone . My US unlocked also didn't receive March security patch or one UI 3.1. Looks like it's down hill (slower) with the updates from now on for 10+.
Timing is different based on your carrier. I've gotten both March security and One UI 3.1 updates on my unlocked N10+ on AT&T.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung have improved greatly but don't always send updates out by a specific date. I was very surprised to get my March security patch and One UI 3.1 by the 8th of march. There was a month I didn't even get a patch. West Africa Exynos version

Agreed. Samsung is much better about update reliability and timeliness but I'm often behind when it comes to getting them. Some months are quicker than others, though.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten no updates since the first Android 11/ OneUI 3.0 update. It still says I'm on Feb 1, 2021 security patch.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
My last one was on the 19th February unlocked UK BTU firmware.

EE network sent it out on 22nd March

Vodafone literally yesterday 5th April.

Strange that unlocked models for 5g XEU and BTU are waiting longer.

In UK unlocked variants always have advantage of receiving 1st hmmm.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My last one was on the 19th February unlocked UK BTU firmware.

EE network sent it out on 22nd March

Vodafone literally yesterday 5th April.

Strange that unlocked models for 5g XEU and BTU are waiting longer.

In UK unlocked variants always have advantage of receiving 1st hmmm.
Yeah usually BTU firmware on top for getting updates pretty quick.

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Verizon here. I'm on the March patch and have had UI 3.1 since pretty early on in March. As much as I want to use it, I'm not happy when I'm not using Nova on my phone. I even got them both already on my Galaxy S6 Lite tablet, which honestly surprised me lol, and I'm forcing myself to keep 3.1 as my primary for now.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Verizon here. I'm on the March patch and have had UI 3.1 since pretty early on in March. As much as I want to use it, I'm not happy when I'm not using Nova on my phone. I even got them both already on my Galaxy S6 Lite tablet, which honestly surprised me lol, and I'm forcing myself to keep 3.1 as my primary for now.
Was also hardcore Nova and gave 3.0/3.1 a chance and loved it. I could live with One UI even as great as Nove is.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had the April security update for 3 days. Also on One UI 3.1. No problems. Cleared the cache immediately afterwards as usual. Exynos version. West Africa. Samsung have been relatively consistent with security patches for the last one year -though irregular.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey