HELP! Large Vid File MOVED , now Gone:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
THANK YOU everyone for your help with this situation.. The file was indeed GONE.. none of the tools worked, and... the file simply wasn't there.. Bottom line, if you have a VERY large media file (over 3.5GB):

1. DO NOT MANAGE/MANIPULATE movement of that file using 3rd part image viewing tools
2. If you do, use COPY function instead of MOVE. confirm file is where it needs to be, then delete from original location.
3. if possible use file manager tools like MYYFILES, Total Commander, etc. to move/copy files around not tools like QuckPic, Gallery, etc.

I've now re-created this issue tens of times and YES, its real. A file size of greater than 3.5GB, when MOVED (using 3rd part tools), will will simply DISAPPEAR (the file and the allocated space).

Again, thank you.. ADMINS, you can consider this matter closed.
Great breakdown here , we can can leave open Incase it can help others that run into this .

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
That sucks. I'm paranoid, so I tend to backup videos/photos pretty quick to my PC, which I then also backup to a external HDD. In fact, there's a few I should back up right now...excuse me. :::goes to find a USB-C cord::::

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That sucks. I'm paranoid, so I tend to backup videos/photos pretty quick to my PC, which I then also backup to a external HDD. In fact, there's a few I should back up right now...excuse me. :::goes to find a USB-C cord::::
Definitely cant have enough backups:)

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell more about this? as most of us probably don't have experience with this .

It's basically a PC backup client at about £60 a year for unlimited backup size.
It automatically backs up your windows and user files and you can add additional drives and folders. It will keep versions for 30 days.
There is a web interface for recovery where you can download in batched zip files via a download client (browser download is not always reliable for very big files). You can also request your recovery on a USB sick or external HDD up to 8TB and get a refund on the drive cost once you return it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's basically a PC backup client at about £60 a year for unlimited backup size.
It automatically backs up your windows and user files and you can add additional drives and folders. It will keep versions for 30 days.
There is a web interface for recovery where you can download in batched zip files via a download client (browser download is not always reliable for very big files). You can also request your recovery on a USB sick or external HDD up to 8TB and get a refund on the drive cost once you return it.
Thank you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy