Petition Samsung for a Galaxy Note Ultra next year

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Rumors were they want to get rid of the Note line .

If they don't think that continuing the Note line is a valid business case (judging from their own numbers of actual sales), then how are even 50k signatures going to move the needle? What percentage of those signatures do you think would translate to sales?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If they don't think that continuing the Note line is a valid business case (judging from their own numbers of actual sales), then how are even 50k signatures going to move the needle? What percentage of those signatures do you think would translate to sales?
50k is lot of potential buyers of the Note line , the phones that sell probably most is their midrange , not S series ,Note series or fold .
But they make good profit on S series or Note .
You seen what happened to lg phone market ? Htc done , bb and Sony don't have anything great on the market , Samsung doesn't have to listen but could fare the same fate as lg over time .

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
50k is lot of potential buyers of the Note line , the phones that sell probably most is their midrange , not S series ,Note series or fold .
But they make good profit on S series or Note .
You seen what happened to lg phone market ? Htc done , bb and Sony don't have anything great on the market , Samsung doesn't have to listen but could fare the same fate as lg over time .

I'm not sure I understand the logic here. Which lines did LG drop before declaring they're out of the phone business? They were all over the place trying to win over customers with their Wing etc. I honestly don't think Samsung is quite in the same boat. Most people outside of forums like this tend not to even know the difference between Androids. They don't think further than that Android is Samsung and Apple is Apple. 50k might be a nice number to look at, but the only signatures Samsung is really interested in are the ones with real paying fans behind them, and I'd say they should know well enough just how many of those there are. My point was that I don't think a petition with a few ten thousand signatures is going to mean much to Samsung. Whatever decisions they've made are based off their own research. But hey, we can always hope!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the logic here. Which lines did LG drop before declaring they're out of the phone business? They were all over the place trying to win over customers with their Wing etc. I honestly don't think Samsung is quite in the same boat. Most people outside of forums like this tend not to even know the difference between Androids. They don't think further than that Android is Samsung and Apple is Apple. 50k might be a nice number to look at, but the only signatures Samsung is really interested in are the ones with real paying fans behind them, and I'd say they should know well enough just how many of those there are. My point was that I don't think a petition with a few ten thousand signatures is going to mean much to Samsung. Whatever decisions they've made are based off their own research. But hey, we can always hope!
I'm not sure exactly where LG went wrong , not owning the device just from what I seen in market. I think it started with g5 series it went downhill for them . They are a huge company that does TV, appliances, etc just as well as Samsung does and people thought their phone division wouldn't go down because they are big with the other stuff it would keep phones going , well it didn't pan out well, same with Samsung it can happen. They need to listen to buyers , dedicated fans if they don't I can see them going under same way. Look at One Plus that company was a nobody few years back but they listen to what their fans and buyers wanted and they made a dent in the US phone market . Any manufacturer can fall to same fate as LG . You think Samsung wants to gamble with 50k or half of that , they be stupid business wise . This not about 50k plus signature , this will be heard through all phone outlets from people reviewing devices , tech news ,media ,soc media and it will be heard loud and clear . It's up to Samsung what they do next .

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Having the stylus built in has been what has kept me with the note after other models and brands caught up with size.

Maybe the petittion will not budge Samsung but I'll sign and watch just out of interest of how many others feel the same.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Just read Samsung is worried because of its falling sales. Ok, I don’t think this has much to do with the high end models, but I’m sure they made a terrible decision by ditching the Note line. If no new Note, there’s no chance I’ll buy another Samsung phone for the foreseeable future.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I am guessing Samsung's falling sales might have something to do with the fact that they are still charging 1200 dollars for devices when we are in the middle of a global pandemic.

No phones should be 1200 dollars. Even 1000 is too much.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am guessing Samsung's falling sales might have something to do with the fact that they are still charging 1200 dollars for devices when we are in the middle of a global pandemic.

No phones should be 1200 dollars. Even 1000 is too much.
I agree

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon