Sorry if this is a dumb question... Everytime I text or do voice-to-text I usually say my daughter name which is Eli.

However the text always writes down the name Ellie. Does anyone know how I can permanently change it to Eli whenever I text or do voice-to-text?
    01-09-2022 03:58 PM
    Are you using Google or Samsung Speech-to-Text? If it's Google, see if this helps: https://support.google.com/assistant...er-names?hl=en
    01-09-2022 04:44 PM
    How you do it, depends on what keyboard/speech recognition app do you use.
    What you have to do is to enter your daughter's name in the private dictionary of your keyboard/speech recognition app.
    Sometimes and depending on the app used, you can define something like synonyms (ex: Ellie <=> Eli). When a word is "heard" by the app it will be replaced with its synonym.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2022 04:51 PM
    It looks like I'm using the Google voice to text. Still trying to find a solution. Where is the private dictionary of my keyboard/ speech recognition app?
    01-11-2022 10:40 PM
    It looks like I'm using the Google voice to text. Still trying to find a solution. Where is the private dictionary of my keyboard/ speech recognition app?
    You have to tell us first, what phone do you use, android version, keyboard app (if you did not recall installing any keyboard app, then it should be default app that came with your phone) and in which app do you use voice recognition (dictation). Or are you using the Google Assistant (GA) to send messages?
    Take a look at this article and see if it doesn't solve your problem https://www.howtogeek.com/728982/how...contact-names/
    01-12-2022 03:28 AM