Samsung LED Wallet case

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have feedback on the quality of this case? I saw some reference that someone found they couldn't fully close the case after after opening fully so the the cover was behind the phone. I'm also wondering if it works ok with Android 12. My first phone had a folio case so I'm generally familiar with the issues with them as far as taking pictures. But that case let me fold the cover behind when entering info.

I'm looking for a case that covers the front (like a folio or wallet case) because when I carry the phone in my shirt pocket it tends to tap against me and turn the screen on. So I'm trying to cover it up. It keeps getting into the emergency call screen or edits stuff in my notifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning on the 'Accidental touch protection' feature? (In your Display settings). This should reduce the touch interaction in dark, confined spaces like a pocket or a bag.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried turning on the 'Accidental touch protection' feature? (In your Display settings).

I guess I'd really rather get the phone to ignore screen touches while in my pocket, but I've not been successful so far. I think when the phone touches my shirt inside the pocket it thinks I'm trying to enter a fingerprint.

Which is why I started asking about wallet or folio cases. I don't need a phone wallet, but I'd use one. I know my Pixel 2 didn't do this. I've got an OtterBox Symmetry case now, and I like it except for this touch issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What about the 'Fingerprint always on' option? (If you think that's the problem, this turns off the scanner when the screen is off).

I haven't used any cases on my phones that cover the screen (would drive me mad having to deal with that especially when flipped open and either flopping around or covering the camera), so can't offer help there :(

I guess I'd really rather get the phone to ignore screen touches while in my pocket, but I've not been successful so far. I think when the phone touches my shirt inside the pocket it thinks I'm trying to enter a fingerprint.

Which is why I started asking about wallet or folio cases. I don't need a phone wallet, but I'd use one. I know my Pixel 2 didn't do this. I've got an OtterBox Symmetry case now, and I like it except for this touch issue.

What about

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
What about the 'Fingerprint always on' option? (If you think that's the problem, this turns off the scanner when the screen is off).

Because I didn't know that existed? It will be annoying, I will have to tap the power button every time I want to log in. I don't think I should use it with the double tap to wake option as that will probably put me back where I was. May try that with the option to tap to display the fingerprint icon and see if it helps.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the LED case. Yes the front flap likes to automatically open after you've had folded to the back of the phone but to keep it closed I either just hold it in place for a little while and it will stay closed or I put it upside down. I tend to like the wallet cases and find them easy to work with and have no problems taking pictures but that's because I've used them for years.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Because I didn't know that existed? It will be annoying, I will have to tap the power button every time I want to log in. I don't think I should use it with the double tap to wake option as that will probably put me back where I was. May try that with the option to tap to display the fingerprint icon and see if it helps.

How about turning the screen away from you in your pocket?

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes the front flap likes to automatically open after you've had folded to the back of the phone but to keep it closed I either just hold it in place for a little while and it will stay closed or I put it upside down.

I suppose the wallet case will tend to be held closed since it goes back into my shirt pocket when I'm done. And I suspect I will tend to learn to open it more like a book anyway.

What's the construction of the case like? Is the outside of the case leather (or pleather) or is it plastic? Does the led display work with Android 12? I'm also looking at the Snakehive case as a different alternative. No LED, but it seems like a better case. Just not sure how much thicker it makes the phone.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It's more like a cross between pleather & plastic. The LED works but I never really pay attention to it. I think it's sort of gimmicky because either I'm using my phone with the case open and if I'm not using it, I'm not paying attention to it. It's not like I'm going to be setting it next to me and staring at the case waiting for the LED to show me that I've got a call or text.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Hmm, I think I'm turning the screen towards me to protect from getting bumped. It just seems weird to turn it so the screen faces out.

Yeah same here. I just know a few folks that tend to walk around with the screen facing out.... I agree it looks improper.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it's sort of gimmicky

How much protection does this case provide? I've seen several comments that it doesn't provide much protection in a drop. Mostly my interest is that it covers the screen (thereby blocking emergency calling while I'm walking) without adding a lot of bulk to the phone. I'm also looking at a Snakehive wallet case, which looks much more protective but adds more bulk.

I do drop my phone out of my pocket from time to time, and my OtterBox Symmetry case has done a great job so far.

It looks like turning the fingerprint reader off when AOD is on helps. As does turning off the double tap to wake. There seems to be no way to get the screen to power up without tapping the power button, but that's a pain, too. So a thin cover might be good, but I'd rather have the other half be robust.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It's hard for me to judge how well this case would protect my phone in a drop. It seems to have decent protection around sides and the back. Dropping face down with the cover open doesn't seem like it would fare well. I've never dropped my phone (and hope I never do) so it's hard to know.

It definitely would be convenient for unlocking the phone because opening the case wakes it up. With cover closed it would prevent unwanted touches when in pocket. But if you drop your phone a lot, it might be safer to go with a case that offers more perfection.