08-07-2019 08:31 AM
119 1234 ...
tools
    I don't love the removal of the SD card, but I'm ready to upgrade from this note 8, so I'm all in with the 10+!
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    07-15-2019 08:30 PM
    Another rumor is, they are deleting the power button. That means it will never be "off".
    otis stansberry likes this.
    07-15-2019 10:35 PM
    I'll probably skip the Note this year. The last Note that I skipped was the 7, didn't feel it was a good upgrade/worth the money.

I'm stil using my Note 8/9 and my s10+. Samsung has gotten enough of my money for the past few years, time to take a break.
    07-15-2019 11:47 PM
    No headphone jack and no SD card are both not deal breakers for me. Both features I never use, I like minimum internal storage 128 GB and above, even on my previous Samsung phones never used SD card if it had 128 GB option. Only used SD cards back in the 64 GB internal storage days. As far as headphone jack, that's something I haven't cared or missed for years. None of what they are doing is an issue to me but definitely there will be lot of controversy and pissed off people if they remove headphone jack and SD card.

The center punch hole camera looks odd to begin but if I got used to a notch, side punch hole camera etc, I'm pretty sure I'll have no issues with the center hole camera.
    07-16-2019 10:25 AM
    Another rumor is, they are deleting the power button. That means it will never be "off".
    Renders have shown this not to be the case. I'm hoping it's there.
    07-16-2019 04:44 PM
    Renders have shown this not to be the case. I'm hoping it's there.
    It's there, just on the left and apparently it's combined with the Bixby button
    debdroid1a likes this.
    07-17-2019 12:37 AM
    No Snapdragon 855+... I have a feeling we will get an upgraded Note 10/10+ a few month after initial release
    07-17-2019 09:21 AM
    What about the Note 10 having only a 3400 mAh battery? Is that enough for a 6.3" screen?
    07-17-2019 07:01 PM
    What about the Note 10 having only a 3400 mAh battery? Is that enough for a 6.3" screen?
    Apparently the smaller Note 10 is actually 6.22". I have an S10 currently, with a 3400mAh battery. It does adequately on its 6.1" display. Just be sure to take advantage of battery optimization options.
    07-17-2019 07:17 PM
    Everyone knows we flock to the Note phone because they are adequate.
    I get it though. Most of us are never that far away from a charger that long in a day. Smaller battery = smaller phone while still being a Note. And with 25W charging we can top off pretty quickly.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    07-17-2019 10:07 PM
    No headphone jack and no SD card are both not deal breakers for me. Both features I never use, I like minimum internal storage 128 GB and above, even on my previous Samsung phones never used SD card if it had 128 GB option. Only used SD cards back in the 64 GB internal storage days.
    I'm sure glad I had an SD card in my Note 8. I just drowned it a little over a week ago (screen repair in the past apparently unsealed it) and it's toast. Insurance is sending me a replacement. I had everything I could loaded on the 128gb card. Files, pictures, app settings, music, movies, etc. I don't use the cloud for much since I'm often in rural areas with little to no reception. So it's just not a good option for me.

I did a full Smart Switch backup of the internal memory stuff to my laptop less than a month ago. So between that and my SD card, I should be back up and running pretty quickly.

I do use wired headphones, usually on long trips. Having a dongle does not help, because then you can't charge the phone at the same time. Something that is important to me on a 14 hour drive with Google Maps running. I don't use them often enough to justify a pricey set of wireless headphones. And I dislike being forced into having to do that, too.

It's a shame the Note is going all Apple on us, IMO.
    07-18-2019 10:41 AM
    Just spent a couple weeks traveling with my Sony Precision Studio Headphones and the Note 9 and to think that Sammy is removing the 3.5mm Jack is a complete turn off for me. Unless they can duplicate the high audio quality of a dongle working off the charging port, this removal reeks! The 3.5mm Jack makes these phones a stellar audio platform!
    07-18-2019 08:07 PM
    I could live without sd card and headphone jack easy enough but prefer to have both and think both should be there considering the legacy and also the top price range of the Note.
    For charging while using headphones you can either use wireless earphones or a wireless charger, if you can afford a Note you can afford those items too if it is really important but I still think it is to early days to ditch sd and headphone jack
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-19-2019 05:47 AM
    My travel Sennheiser and Studio Sony Pro headphones are both very expensive, wired and provide audio quality unsurpassed. To Ditch these, is a complete waste of money! Maybe newbies who only have known wireless think there's no difference... I also have a two channel, top of the line, VERY expensive audio system at the house. When people listen to it, they think they're in a recording studio. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WIRED AND WIRELESS!
    07-19-2019 02:30 PM
    My travel Sennheiser and Studio Sony Pro headphones are both very expensive, wired and provide audio quality unsurpassed. To Ditch these, is a complete waste of money! Maybe newbies who only have known wireless think there's no difference... I also have a two channel, top of the line, VERY expensive audio system at the house. When people listen to it, they think they're in a recording studio. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WIRED AND WIRELESS!
    You don't have to ditch them
    07-19-2019 02:54 PM
    I know. Just not interested in a dongle, or moving to wireless... now.
    07-19-2019 02:57 PM
    Lack of an SD card is a deal breaker for me. When I switch phones I want to be able to switch the SD card. I don't want to be copying files all the time.
    james702283 and Nostromo79 like this.
    07-20-2019 10:01 PM
    I bought an SD card but never put it in my 128gb Note 9. The note 10 should be enough for me, if rumors are true.

I also bought a $20 aux bluetooth device to try out in case I need that if I get the note 10. It seems to work attached to one of my inexpensive wired headphones or in my car. So far. Tried Netflix with the wired headphones attached to the aux device and the sound synced with the lips. In my car, I tried one downloaded song and then streaming music and it sounded good. Volume was loud. I'm not sure if it's any quicker or easier then an aux wire in my car.

So, if the rumors are true, I might still get a note 10.
    07-21-2019 12:39 PM
    I was out kicking the tires on Note 9's today. Very disappointed in the direction the Note 10 is apparently going regarding memory and headphones. Maybe they should rename it to the iNote?
    sandra_17 likes this.
    07-21-2019 05:06 PM
    Unfortunately the Note 10 sounds like a money grab.....
    07-21-2019 09:35 PM
    I was out kicking the tires on Note 9's today. Very disappointed in the direction the Note 10 is apparently going regarding memory and headphones. Maybe they should rename it to the iNote?
    INote.. hahaha
    Don't give apple any ideas
    sandra_17 likes this.
    07-21-2019 10:19 PM
    So many good phones are coming out... I may hold off on getting the note 10.
    07-22-2019 01:27 PM
    So many good phones are coming out... I may hold off on getting the note 10.
    What new phones look comparable to the Note 10 and are out within the next month?

Of course if you keep holding off for the better phone, you'll just keep waiting. A clickbait article (that I admit to clicking on), said the S11 wil be better and wait. Lol.
    I'm sure another article will then say the Note 11 would even be better AND have the spen.
    07-22-2019 03:20 PM
    What new phones look comparable to the Note 10 and are out within the next month?

Of course if you keep holding off for the better phone, you'll just keep waiting. A clickbait article (that I admit to clicking on), said the S11 wil be better and wait. Lol.
    I'm sure another article will then say the Note 11 would even be better AND have the spen.
    Doesn't have to be comparable. Maybe he's just waiting to see what's best for him. I'm doing the same thing. OnePlus is on my radar as well as Pixel 4 XL. But I feel I may jump ship from the Pixel line...I hate Google's direction now. And no I'm not waiting for the S11 lol.
    07-22-2019 04:59 PM

OnePlus 7 Pro has been out since May and is on par with the Note's specs. The Asus ROG II looks legit too with Snapdragon 855+ and 120 fps screen. Plus OnePlus usually releases a T series with better specs each year. So a OP7TP may be on the horizon. This is the first time where a new Note may not be the best phone on the market. Sammy got some competition this year...
    Orion78 likes this.
    07-22-2019 06:25 PM
119 1234 ...