08-07-2019 08:31 AM
119 12345
tools
    But no pen with those phones. I'm a pen guy. However, I'm wondering what the Note 10 brings that can lure me from the Note 9. Losing the SD Card and Headphone jack is not a deal breaker, but not exactly a lure either. Starting to feel like a phone that loses as much as it gains.
    OnePlus 7 Pro has been out since May and is on par with the Note's specs. The Asus ROG II looks legit too with Snapdragon 855+ and 120 fps screen. Plus OnePlus usually releases a T series with better specs each year. So a OP7TP may be on the horizon. This is the first time where a new Note may not be the best phone on the market. Sammy got some competition this year...
    jejb, kj11, adegbenroagoro and 2 others like this.
    07-22-2019 06:32 PM
    But no pen with those phones. I'm a pen guy. However, I'm wondering what the Note 10 brings that can lure me from the Note 9. Losing the SD Card and Headphone jack is not a deal breaker, but not exactly a lure either. Starting to feel like a phone that loses as much as it gains.
    All I am saying is this is the first time in a while that I am going to have to think about buying a Note phone. Usually, the Note is overpowered with all the bells and whistles. Not this year's Note though....
    07-22-2019 08:24 PM
    So many good phones are coming out... I may hold off on getting the note 10.
    Unless you must have a sPen, then your options are pretty limited
    07-22-2019 09:01 PM
    Unless you must have a sPen, then your options are pretty limited
    My option is very clear as I'm not really interested in any other phone without the pen, it's either stick with the Note 9 which has been and still is a solid phone for me, or the Note 10+ which may have the latest spec but are there enough features there to entice me with that huge price tag!

I very nearly kept my Note 8 and held out for this Note 10 but caved in at the last minute and got the Note 9, so Samsung had better come up with some fantastic deal for me to part with it this time.

As people have said, the Note has been the pinnacle of smartphones most years with the latest tech but this year it's more even with better competition and more phone manufacturers to compete with,
    come on Samsung you can do better!
    wdfrancis58 and kj11 like this.
    07-23-2019 01:42 AM
    My option is very clear as I'm not really interested in any other phone without the pen, it's either stick with the Note 9 which has been and still is a solid phone for me, or the Note 10+ which may have the latest spec but are there enough features there to entice me with that huge price tag!

I very nearly kept my Note 8 and held out for this Note 10 but caved in at the last minute and got the Note 9, so Samsung had better come up with some fantastic deal for me to part with it this time.

As people have said, the Note has been the pinnacle of smartphones most years with the latest tech but this year it's more even with better competition and more phone manufacturers to compete with,
    come on Samsung you can do better!
    Same boat, except that I held onto the 8 and didn't give in to the note 9 temptation, the 10+ is really looking good to me now!
    07-23-2019 07:36 PM
    Ditto
    Same boat, except that I held onto the 8 and didn't give in to the note 9 temptation, the 10+ is really looking good to me now!
    07-23-2019 09:16 PM
    I didn't cave to the Note 9. Figured I'd skip a generation, as I was perfectly happy with the N8. But in the face of the iNote changes, I bought a new N9 yesterday. SmartSwitch worked great from my N8 backup, and it's ready to go. I think I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time. The last of the Notes to have the headphone jack and expandable memory. Such a shame, as I was looking forward to the N10.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    07-24-2019 05:06 AM
    I didn't cave to the Note 9. Figured I'd skip a generation, as I was perfectly happy with the N8. But in the face of the iNote changes, I bought a new N9 yesterday. SmartSwitch worked great from my N8 backup, and it's ready to go. I think I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time. The last of the Notes to have the headphone jack and expandable memory. Such a shame, as I was looking forward to the N10.
    "The last Note phone to have a headphone jack....."? Nothing is permanent concerning the presence or absence of such features in the smartphone market.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    07-24-2019 12:52 PM
    I thought I heard that the 10+ would have the micro SD card slot too.... I know just rumors at this point, but we'll know soon enough
    07-24-2019 01:33 PM
    10+ with an 855+ Snapdragon, microsd slot and 4300 mAh battery makes me a happy camper. Wish we were getting a 90 fps or better display. But still very happy with the recently leaked specs.
    07-24-2019 04:54 PM
    "The last Note phone to have a headphone jack....."? Nothing is permanent concerning the presence or absence of such features in the smartphone market.
    I guess that's true. Have there been any examples of phones that deleted it that have subsequently put it back on a future generation?
    07-24-2019 05:16 PM
    10+ with an 855+ Snapdragon, microsd slot and 4300 mAh battery makes me a happy camper. Wish we were getting a 90 fps or better display. But still very happy with the recently leaked specs.
    No SPen, though. I use it a lot, so a requirement for me.
    07-24-2019 05:17 PM
    No SPen, though. I use it a lot, so a requirement for me.
    The Note 10+ has an SPen...
    07-24-2019 08:16 PM
    Yeah so leaked spec up to now (I'm concentrating on the Note 10 Pro/+ whatever)
    12GB Memory
    Micro SD card slot
    6.8" Amoled QHD display with center pin hole for front camera (new leak stating 2nd cam on front screen also)
    Rear Quad camera setup
    No 3.5mm heaphone jack
    256gb memory
    No Bixby button
    New Pen features (air touch)
    In screen FPS
    No Iris sensor
    No notification light
    IR blaster

enough to warrant an upgrade over the 9?
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    07-24-2019 09:29 PM
    12GB Memory
    Micro SD card slot
    6.8" Amoled QHD display with center pin hole for front camera (new leak stating 2nd cam on front screen also)
    Rear Quad camera setup
    No 3.5mm heaphone jack
    256gb memory
    No Bixby button
    In screen FPS
    No Iris sensor
    No notification light
    IR blaster

That's really up to the individual as to whether or not it's worthy or a warranted upgrade. If you enjoy the latest tech and money burns a hole in your pocket I say go for it but there's nothing ground breaking or earth shattering about these yearly upgrades.
    evohicks and j_hansen like this.
    07-24-2019 09:58 PM
    I guess that's true. Have there been any examples of phones that deleted it that have subsequently put it back on a future generation?
    i think i saw that one of Google phones had put the headphone jack back. dont quote me but i am sure i read that somewhere.
    07-25-2019 08:44 AM
    12GB Memory
    Micro SD card slot
    Rear Quad camera setup
    No 3.5mm heaphone jack
    256gb memory
    No Bixby button
    In screen FPS
    No Iris sensor
    No notification light
    IR blaster

i am loving the new leaks and i hope they are true. with the +/Pro version having a micro SD card slot, that's all i really needed to hear.

also very curious about the leak that there is indeed a second cam on the front. jus like the S10+ has 2 cams on the front. so how would 2 cams look in the center of the screen on top
    07-25-2019 08:46 AM
    Question - does anyone know what would have been the reasoning behind moving the power button from the right side to the left side of the phone??

alot of people wanted the Bixby button gone a long time now, but i am curious as to the relocation of the power button.
    07-25-2019 10:02 AM
    The Note 10+ has an SPen...
    Sorry, you just said 10+, so I assumed you were talking about the only Samsung 10+ currently available. Isn't the bigger Note 10 going to be called Pro? Or is that not settled yet?
    07-25-2019 10:05 AM
    Question - does anyone know what would have been the reasoning behind moving the power button from the right side to the left side of the phone??

alot of people wanted the Bixby button gone a long time now, but i am curious as to the relocation of the power button.
    It would be a guess on anyone's part. Maybe the thought is that it would be easier to reach but it's hard to say without having it in hand.
    07-25-2019 10:07 AM
    Seems there should be more delineation here from the N10 and N10 Plus. The Plus apparently has an sd slot and 1440p display.
    07-25-2019 10:20 AM
    I'm totally enjoying the Note 9, does EVERYTHING great for me in every way. Two more months of twenty dollar payments then I'm done. With extended warranty and at least one more OS system update next year, the Note 9 will be with me for at least another two years.
    07-25-2019 11:57 AM
    Sorry, you just said 10+, so I assumed you were talking about the only Samsung 10+ currently available. Isn't the bigger Note 10 going to be called Pro? Or is that not settled yet?
    The 6.3" display is the Note 10 and the 6.7" display is the Note 10+.

The Note 10+ has QHD, micro SD slot, 4300 mAh battery, new 855+ Snapdragon processor and 12 GB of RAM. The Note 10+ looks like the powerhouse phone you would expect from the Note line. The regular Note 10 not as much...
    debdroid1a and j_hansen like this.
    07-25-2019 01:42 PM
    alot of people wanted the Bixby button gone a long time now
    I actually like the Bixby button, not for Bixby but just one tap for Google assistant lol
    07-25-2019 03:03 PM
    I actually like the Bixby button, not for Bixby but just one tap for Google assistant lol
    Same, I actually like it for the remapping. I use it for Spotify.
    07-25-2019 03:33 PM
119 12345