Note 10 rumors- Will you be buying a Note 10 if they are true?

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
So, so far the rumors are there is no headphone jack, which while I don't like that, so far isn't a deal breaker for me. However, the issues that I am having is that I heard it is going to be 6.3 inches while the Note Pro will be bigger. The S10 Plus along is 6.4 inches is cheaper and with the curved screens, I doubt that .3 inches will really be bigger since the Note 10 pro is rumored to be 6.7 inches.

The biggest thing for me, is while I don't mind the size of the camera on the Note 10, I don't mind the size of it, but why couldn't they put it in the corner like the did the S10 plus? I mean it looks stupid being in the middle like that, and to be honest, I think its a distraction and it even stands out more!

So what do you guys think? Will you be getting the Note 10?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, so far the rumors are there is no headphone jack, which while I don't like that, so far isn't a deal breaker for me. However, the issues that I am having is that I heard it is going to be 6.3 inches while the Note Pro will be bigger. The S10 Plus along is 6.4 inches is cheaper and with the curved screens, I doubt that .3 inches will really be bigger since the Note 10 pro is rumored to be 6.7 inches.

The biggest thing for me, is while I don't mind the size of the camera on the Note 10, I don't mind the size of it, but why couldn't they put it in the corner like the did the S10 plus? I mean it looks stupid being in the middle like that, and to be honest, I think its a distraction and it even stands out more!

So what do you guys think? Will you be getting the Note 10?
I agree with it being in the middle , better off putting a notch or to the side . It sticks out for some reason lol

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Here are my thoughts. The headphone jack elimination is stupid. It's not a deal breaker as long as they provide a dongle (or the dongles are on the order of $9 like with Apple). But it does suck, especially since I use the free AKG headphones from the S9+ (the $300 wireless ones with optional cable) as much as I use the Galaxy Buds which came free with the S10+. The Galaxy Buds are great and very convenient, but when I'm just sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day, I prefer the slightly enhanced sound quality that I get from a wired connection. So there's that.

Now as to putting the camera in the center, I think this is a great idea because front facing pictures will no longer be slightly off center like they are with the S10+ and most other phones on the market. I'm all for the placement. What worries me is that I've yet to see a render in which there is a dual camera. The S10+ takes great live focus selfies, specifically because of the two front-facing camera setup. I hope that the Note 10+ (pro?) has two front facing cams, or it would be a downgrade in this department.

The other thing that worries me. I've read speculation that they are eliminating the SD card. Now this would be getting into deal breaker territory. I've still got my 256 GB SD card from the Note 7 debacle, and have come to rely on it for storing all my photos without needing the cloud. If they get rid of that, I may consider not upgrading. Which would suck since this would be the first time since the S6 that I skipped a new Samsung release...

Also, what's this I hear about an IR blaster!? I've missed that feature since the Note 4. It would be amazing if they brought it back!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here are my thoughts. The headphone jack elimination is stupid. It's not a deal breaker as long as they provide a dongle (or the dongles are on the order of $9 like with Apple). But it does suck, especially since I use the free AKG headphones from the S9+ (the $300 wireless ones with optional cable) as much as I use the Galaxy Buds which came free with the S10+. The Galaxy Buds are great and very convenient, but when I'm just sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day, I prefer the slightly enhanced sound quality that I get from a wired connection. So there's that.

Now as to putting the camera in the center, I think this is a great idea because front facing pictures will no longer be slightly off center like they are with the S10+ and most other phones on the market. I'm all for the placement. What worries me is that I've yet to see a render in which there is a dual camera. The S10+ takes great live focus selfies, specifically because of the two front-facing camera setup. I hope that the Note 10+ (pro?) has two front facing cams, or it would be a downgrade in this department.

The other thing that worries me. I've read speculation that they are eliminating the SD card. Now this would be getting into deal breaker territory. I've still got my 256 GB SD card from the Note 7 debacle, and have come to rely on it for storing all my photos without needing the cloud. If they get rid of that, I may consider not upgrading. Which would suck since this would be the first time since the S6 that I skipped a new Samsung release...

Also, what's this I hear about an IR blaster!? I've missed that feature since the Note 4. It would be amazing if they brought it back!
I'm not sure why you have a problem with photos being off center unless I'm missing something. I adjust the position of the camera to frame the image.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why you have a problem with photos being off center unless I'm missing something. I adjust the position of the camera to frame the image.

It's more of a problem with video calls than photos. In order to hold the screen centered, the other person is seeing an off-center video of you. Not a big deal since the effect is minimal, but I'd personally like to see it gone.

What do you think about the elimination of the wide angle front facing cam? I feel like this would be OK if there is a ToF sensor instead. We'd still be losing wide-angle selfies, but this might allow for a more secure face unlock like Apple's Face ID.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's more of a problem with video calls than photos. In order to hold the screen centered, the other person is seeing an off-center video of you. Not a big deal since the effect is minimal, but I'd personally like to see it gone.

What do you think about the elimination of the wide angle front facing cam? I feel like this would be OK if there is a ToF sensor instead. We'd still be losing wide-angle selfies, but this might allow for a more secure face unlock like Apple's Face ID.
If they use a face id like apple I'm happy to lose the wide selfie, no jack can deal with , no SD hurts but can deal with it , IR blaster I'm liking , just the camera being center not crazy .

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
If they use a face id like apple I'm happy to lose the wide selfie, no jack can deal with , no SD hurts but can deal with it , IR blaster I'm liking , just the camera being center not crazy .

Heh, well it looks like you hate the camera and I hate the lack of an SD card. This is a controversial phone indeed. I've been following the leaks and rumors since the Note 7 days, and this is the first time I'm truly wondering what the hell Samsung thinks it's doing. Removing features should be done with greater care than this.

As for wide angle selfie, yeah I like the idea of a wide-angle selfie. But I started using the feature in earnest last week on vacation, and I've got to say that it's not wide enough. It should either be expanded to a greater angle or I'm fine with axing it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Heh, well it looks like you hate the camera and I hate the lack of an SD card. This is a controversial phone indeed. I've been following the leaks and rumors since the Note 7 days, and this is the first time I'm truly wondering what the hell Samsung thinks it's doing. Removing features should be done with greater care than this.

As for wide angle selfie, yeah I like the idea of a wide-angle selfie. But I started using the feature in earnest last week on vacation, and I've got to say that it's not wide enough. It should either be expanded to a greater angle or I'm fine with axing it.
No don't hate the camera but don't like the front camera position,but can forgive if I like other things. Note line they shouldn't take out features , can do that with S line . I think they confused which way to go between the S line and Note line , keep almost same but one with a pen and other not or give more spec to the Note line then S line .

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
No don't hate the camera but don't like the front camera position,but can forgive if I like other things. Note line they shouldn't take out features , can do that with S line . I think they confused which way to go between the S line and Note line , keep almost same but one with a pen and other not or give more spec to the Note line then S line .

Well, remember that with the Note 4 to Note 5 transition, they did take away features. We lost the removable battery, the IR blaster, and the SD card slot. In exchange we got Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I upgraded because I'm crazy like that (and I lease my phones from T-Mobile so why not?). But in many ways it felt like a downgrade.

So I agree with you that they shouldn't remove features with the Note line. Sadly they do, from time to time.

Realistically I don't think they'll remove the SD card, and hopefully the ToF sensor will make up for the single camera.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I love wide angle lenses both front and rear. I'm not big on selfies but it's still a great feature even if you are taking solo shots. When I go on bike rides or want to photograph the scenery behind me it's just that much nicer.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, remember that with the Note 4 to Note 5 transition, they did take away features. We lost the removable battery, the IR blaster, and the SD card slot. In exchange we got Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I upgraded because I'm crazy like that (and I lease my phones from T-Mobile so why not?). But in many ways it felt like a downgrade.

So I agree with you that they shouldn't remove features with the Note line. Sadly they do, from time to time.

Realistically I don't think they'll remove the SD card, and hopefully the ToF sensor will make up for the single camera.
Yeah I remember that , that's why I didn't buy the note 5 I kept the note 4 and still have it lol. But I agree .

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Best transition from the Note 5 to Note 8 was the re-addition of the SD card slot, the larger, improved battery and a smoother phone. Not that much of an improvement from the 8 to 9 other than an improved and more efficient and larger battery and stereo speakers. I have no interest in the 10 or 11 if they remove 3.5mm input and SD card. What the heck is Sammy thinking?

otis stansberry

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9 and from what I'm seeing and hearing theirs nothing about the Note 10 that jumps out at me for me to purchase it....Note 10 should be increasing in features and not eliminating for that price...

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the note 9 and from what I'm seeing and hearing theirs nothing about the Note 10 that jumps out at me for me to purchase it....Note 10 should be increasing in features and not eliminating for that price...

I had a Note 9 and currently have an S10. The wide-angle lens alone is worth the upgrade. I mainly switched because I think the phone looks a lot better, though.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
honestly the only thing that has "irked" me about the Note 10 line is the removal of the SDCard Slot. i'm sorry but i MUST has a memory card in my phones. i dont use the cloud (for various reasons) and when your phone dies and you dont or didnt do a back up, all info is lost, so i normally hold all my pics and music on my memory card, so i can pull it out when ever i need to.

the no audio port isnt a big deal for me as i use bluetooth headphones.

the relocation of the front cam to the center has me neither here nor there, i just wonder if it will be better than the S10+ selfie cam.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the Note 10. Haven't decided yet which version but I'm favouring the Note 10 Pro. The camera is irrelevant to me. I don't use SD cards as much as in the past so it's absence is no big deal. I dislike the lack of the headphone jack but que sera sera. 😒

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Looking at some of the rumored pricing, I'm not quite sure I can stomach the €1149 this time around for the Note 10+
My Note 9 is still going strong, very pleased with it so I think I will just hold off and see exactly what comes with the 10 before deciding, it will have to be the Note 10 + if I do go for it as rumor also says the 10+ comes with an SD card slot, the 10 doesn't and also the 10+ has a better camera/features.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad