09-10-2019 01:07 PM
865 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Wow thanks at&t. All dirty and messed up covers. glad phone was ok.

XxViperNYCxX likes this.
    08-23-2019 12:41 PM
    Anyone know how or where we get the $150 credit at for Samsung?
    08-23-2019 12:51 PM
    I did it in the shop Samsung app. It was in my inbox after I signed in with my Samsung account. Just have to attach a photo of the preorder receipt.
    nikkihp79 likes this.
    08-23-2019 12:52 PM
    I think we need to be mad at all three, Samsung, Best Buy, and the carriers. This is not their first rodeo and something this basic should never be missed or slip through the cracks. It boggles my mind that with all the technology available, something like this could occur.
    XxViperNYCxX likes this.
    08-23-2019 12:55 PM
    Wow thanks at&t. All dirty and messed up covers. glad phone was ok.

[IMG=1200x1600]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/e7452601d56fd3705d16481e264464d3.jpg[/url]
    it doesnt look like the screen protector that come from factory is there, did they take that off too?
    08-23-2019 01:00 PM
    They told me when I went back to check that when I preordered it was taken care of. But, then again, they also said August 23rd too.
    08-23-2019 01:06 PM
    I did it in the shop Samsung app. It was in my inbox after I signed in with my Samsung account. Just have to attach a photo of the preorder receipt.
    Thanks. That did it!
    rizzo269 likes this.
    08-23-2019 01:07 PM
    U sign into ur samsung shop app and get it theu there
    08-23-2019 01:09 PM
    Whew. This was an adventure. But I'm always at Best Buy a minimum of 2 hrs with a new phone.

So I get there around 10:30. Second one at the counter. I see the same girl I always deal with so we exchange pleasantries. And thus the problems began.

So the trade in that I pre-registered didn't show up so she had to resubmit (everyone was having that problem).
    She goes to activate and they can't activate me because I have a grandfathered plan on AT&T. So anyone with an older plan looking to hold on, you can't. The phone can't even be activated unless you switch therefore forcing you to give up your old plan. Luckily I had called before I pre-ordered to inquire about the plans they had so she was able to switch it on her end. She gave me an even lower rate than the guy at the loyalty department I spoke with. So i'm like proceed with the switch.

This is where is gets funny. So they can't even do the activation because when unpacking the boxes an employee attached new sim cards when AT&T already shipped one in the box. So the sim cards associated with all the phones are the wrong ones. So she couldn't even activate. Everyone was having this problem.

So she swaps it out. And proceeds to activate. So in the meantime I ask her to do the smart switch while i wait. So she tries wifi but i knew that would take too long as I have a lot of data (already backed up what I could on my SD card and had a backup Smart Switch at home just in case but i had msgs coming in the meantime so I figured do the smart switch in store). So they switch to the cable and couldn't get the smart switch to work. So i'm like yeah get this sorted out in store so I know it's not a problem with my phone.

So finally after multiple attempts the switch is working. So now the big fun. Going to activate and of course the dreaded AT&T and Sprint glitch that folks were having where they were on hold for hours. So I braced myself. As this was a nationwide problem, another employee is like our hands are tied. It's something the customer has to call AT&T to sort out and they will be sending me an email.

Now when I first got there I asked if I could just swap my old sim into the new one and was told they have to install the new card. But after being there for over 2 hours she said, bump this. Since there's a problem with the sim card and the wrong sims associated with the packing, lemme pull her old card out. So she swaps my old card and bam....service. She said, after you being here and you always being here, I wasn't gonna send you home to be on hold with no service. While the other AT&T and Sprint customers waited with their problems with activation.

Arrival at best buy: 10:30 am. Departure 1:55 pm and now i'm home to bond with my Aura Glow beauty. Sigh....it's always something lol.
    08-23-2019 01:11 PM
    Preordered early on the 10th, AT&T glow. Finally got an email saying it's delayed, no date given, and says they'll keep attempting to fulfill until 9/22 at which point they'll cancel... WTF. It was clearly not coming today but their customer service was insistent it was, and then this?! At least don't lie! BS.

It shows Glow and Blue are not in stock locally, ship date of 9/4 and 9/6 or else I'd consider giving up the preorder gift and grabbing one. So lame. I really want the credit for wireless buds, so I'll suck it up but definitely chancing Samsung.com next year.
    08-23-2019 01:12 PM
    Ordered Samsung galaxy note 10 plus 5g on 8/10. Best Buy promised it would be delivered on release day 8/23 to the store. My order shows pick up on the 23rd. Went to store to pick up and they have none. They can't see anything in their system showing when it will arrive. Got my Note 9 direct from Samsung last year two days before release date. Best Buy claims to be the best but clearly not. Still waiting for my pre order. Won't be using Best Buy ever again.
    08-23-2019 01:26 PM
    Had a feeling this was going to turn into a nightmare. Preordered in the 14th says pick up on the 30th. Feel like it will just continue getting delayed until they cancel and I’ll be left to forfeit my $600 trade in.
    08-23-2019 01:52 PM
    Ok, I left. The CSR says she will continue to work on it over the next few days. This is a joke, and I won't get any compensation for the waste of my time. Never going through BB for a preorder again.
    Amen....this is my SECOND time. They screwed me on my S8+ Thought they would have it together by now...NOPE. People can walk in and buy today...but the folks that pre ordered August 8th, have to wait. WTH?
    08-23-2019 01:53 PM
    Amen....this is my SECOND time. They screwed me on my S8+ Thought they would have it together by now...NOPE. People can walk in and buy today...but the folks that pre ordered August 8th, have to wait. WTH?
    This. So what I don’t understand is why these devices wouldn’t be put towards the back ordered preorders FIRST. I get you may not have certain colors, storage, etc for all preorders. But why wouldn’t the ones that you can fill not go to preorders first. Makes no sense to me.
    XxViperNYCxX likes this.
    08-23-2019 01:57 PM
    Best buy back office said Verizon system has said it's out of stock even though it's not actually out of stock bc best buy has inventory so they have to escalate it to corporate so they can by pass the error. Once that's done we will get an email but she couldn't say how long it might take. I ordered the phone on the 10th and best buy says my phone isn't even in yet, but it may come in later today. They also proceeded to tell me worst come to worst I may have to cancel my pre order, I said um then I'll loose my Samsung pre order freebies and they said "yeah it can happen" wtf. Won't be doing any more pre orders through best buy.
    08-23-2019 02:03 PM
    I feel bad for those of you having issues getting or activating your Note 10. Figured maybe I'd share my experience for those concerned about using Best Buy or even those that have used them. Like any other business, experience can very based on location and even the individual you deal with in the store.

I have not ordered on release day since the Note 7 so I was a little nervous. I had the Note 7 delivered and it came on release day, if I remember correctly at about 3pm.

This time I wasn't planning on getting the 10 until October/November, but the trade in was too good to pass up. I ended up logging on yesterday to get the 256gb Note 10+ in black. It was sold out, so I bumped up to the 512gb version. Shortly after ordering, I received an email saying my order was being prepared. Nothing more until about 11pm when I received another email saying my order would be ready for pickup on Friday, August 23rd. I arrived at 10:30am, didn't get with a rep until 11:15, and didn't walk out with my Note until 11:50. I suppose considering some of the stories on here, I shouldn't complain so I won't. We had a little trouble with activating, but that seemed to be happening with everyone on Verizon for some reason.

I used Smart Switch, so my set up is back to where I was with my Note 9. I'll likely change some things up tonight and over the weekend. I'll leave impressions for another thread...
    XxViperNYCxX likes this.
    08-23-2019 02:07 PM
    No lie I am fine with waiting until the 30th for the $600 trade in value. But if I it gets delayed further AND I lose my trade in value I will also lose my mind. I will gladly cancel my preorder and walk straight to Verizon and do it through there. This is ridiculous.
    08-23-2019 02:08 PM
    Did you get the credit yet via email or hte app? Mine was "approved" 1 or 2 days ago, and I still haven't seen the email with the $150 credit, and didn't see it on the Samsung site.
    08-23-2019 02:21 PM
    Uggghhh you ordered yesterday and have your phone, AND upgraded to 512. I ordered on the 12th and WANTED the 512 but they said I couldn't get it, so I got the 256. And I won't get my phone til the 30th, apparently.

Bah.
    jac12 likes this.
    08-23-2019 02:21 PM
    Uggghhh you ordered yesterday and have your phone, AND upgraded to 512. I ordered on the 12th and WANTED the 512 but they said I couldn't get it, so I got the 256. And I won't get my phone til the 30th, apparently.

Bah.
    I ordered yesterday also and the black 512 was supposed to be ready at bestbuy today, I haven't received the email or text saying pick it up. Went by local bestbuy and they searched in there cabinets and said mine wasn't delivered today. They were also having issues with their system on the trade in.
    08-23-2019 02:27 PM
    Did you get the credit yet via email or hte app? Mine was "approved" 1 or 2 days ago, and I still haven't seen the email with the $150 credit, and didn't see it on the Samsung site.
    Nothing yet. Mine just got approved an hour or so ago though.
    08-23-2019 02:40 PM
    Phone in hand. Setting it up fresh. So need time to see how it is. Will report back soon.
    08-23-2019 02:41 PM
    My experience was that I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago online with trade in. Until last night it said ready for pickup launch day Aug 23rd. Then it changed to Pickup Friday the 30th. I stopped by my local best buy as I had planned for 2 weeks and no Note10+ for me. They only had 3 and had an entire page of pre-orders. They said they were waiting for additional shipments later today and hoped there would be more arriving but they had no clue.
    After leaving disappointed I called customer service to complain that it is beyond understanding that people who pre-ordered don't receive the items on launch day. According to them, they were told by management that Samsung did not send the full inventory of ordered phones.
    Don't know who's to blame, but very aggravating to see that some received theirs on Wednesday from Samsung.
    08-23-2019 02:46 PM
    Just went to best buy to pick up an order not related to the phone. The the pick up counter lady looks at my account and saw that I had an order for the note 10+ 5G Verizon. She proceeded to take me to the mobile area and said my phone should be here.
    They looked up my order and got the manager.
    The manager was super friendly and had told me no 5G devices were received yet.
    She told me hopefully later today and printed out a sheet for my order to be notified as soon as they get them. I was the second order at my store.
    I ordered the note 10+ 5G 8/8 location Minnesota.
    08-23-2019 03:09 PM
    Did you ordered from @bestbuy or Samsung or dies it matter where we preordered and still get $150`credit?
    08-23-2019 03:36 PM
865 ... 2021222324 ...