Pre-ordering with Best Buy

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
May take a crack at it, since I already planned on making time in my schedule to go over there today anyway.

We'll see, I guess.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
For everyone who's device has been pushed back a week & not picking up on today, I was in Best Buy yesterday asking about my options if my order was delayed & was told you can come in when the store opens & process a new order in the store as they will have devices in stock outside of the preorders releasing today. They just couldn't tell me how many.
Yes but you lose the Samsung preorder promo which defeats the purpose. If you don't care about the promo then go ahead.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was hoping for a pick up today because I’ll be near Best Buy. Didn’t want to have to make another 2 hour trip next Friday.
Stupid Best Buy. Should have went through Verizon. But the $600 off is why I chose Best Buy.

I would just wheel into the store and demand your phone. Maybe you will get lucky.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll head up around 10 or so.... hopefully it goes smoothly.
b8980aa1f42c7dded07f996a5976482d.jpg

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know if they're able to give you a phone you preordered if they have leftovers, or is my pickup on 8/30 date set in stone? I don't want to go in there if there's no point in asking them. I dunno if it's something they can finagle, or if "my" phone is already assigned somewhere and will show up next week.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Awesomeness lol. Yeah as of right my blue note10+ is only one ready for pickup. Have to wait for them to see if my black note10 is on their shipment coming in today before 10. If not then at least I get my blue today and I'll pick black up when it is ready. Glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy phones:)

Yeah hopefully I get in and out pretty quickly. I get a 2 hour lunch and already told my boss I may be running a little late lol.

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if you HAVE to immediately surrender your previous phone to get the $600 credit? Is there an option to take the Note 10 home and transfer your files/setting then turn in to the store or mail it? Thanks.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Anyone know if you HAVE to immediately surrender your previous phone to get the $600 credit? Is there an option to take the Note 10 home and transfer your files/setting then turn in to the store or mail it? Thanks.
Turn in on the spot... They suggest smart switch which I don't use... I back up my phone prior to in store visit

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So does anyone know if they're able to give you a phone you preordered if they have leftovers, or is my pickup on 8/30 date set in stone? I don't want to go in there if there's no point in asking them. I dunno if it's something they can finagle, or if "my" phone is already assigned somewhere and will show up next week.

I called Best Buy. They have none in stock so me stopping is a waste. She said my phone isn’t even there yet as they need to wait for a shipment. She said it may come before 8/30 just need to wait I guess.

cuddles.mcsnuggy

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Smart Switch has a PC version https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fowners%2Fapp%2Fsmart-switch&token=TcgdakoP that you install on your computer at home. You can prepare your old phone for the trade-in ahead of time this way: Install PC Smart Switch, hook your old phone up to the PC and save your data before the trade (and also do a Google cloud backup from the phone's backup/restore settings for extra insurance if you like), then factory-reset & clear your data off the old phone. This way you can bring a clean blank device to the store and the retail guy doesn't need access to your personal data while he fiddles with your devices to do the transfer for you (and you don't have to wait around in the store for them to do your transfer). They may want to open the Note 10 box to make sure it works with your carrier but then you can just take the new Note 10 home and hook it to the PC to put your data back on the new device. This is much more secure than having them do it in the store.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got to my Best Buy. 10:30am locally. Seems to be pretty busy. There are about 3-4 waiting ahead of me with 3-4 others being taken care of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante