Pre-ordering with Best Buy

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone pre-ordered with BestBuy before? If so how has it gone for you. I was thinking about doing that vs going through my carrier Sprint.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I did the noto 8 and they had them in store before I got my phone.. but that's where I got the best deal so may go that rt again just waiting to see who has the best deal for me...

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
A year later. Here we are again. Now are you so sure you want to pre order already? Lol. I might but I'm not 100% sure quite yet

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I think your mileage can vary depending on location, staff and other factors. I had gone thru BB for Note 7 (had a decent enough exp with my local BB)

Cheers,

BR

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I did it with the S8. It was fine, just went in and picked it up. They didn't have the free watch that they had promised though, and I never got it.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I did it with the S8. It was fine, just went in and picked it up. They didn't have the free watch that they had promised though, and I never got it.

I'd hardly characterize that as "fine". Still, I suppose we don't really need pesky and intrusive consumer protections. I'm not gratuitously haranguing you. I'd be very disappointed if I hadn't received something which was an integral part of a transaction.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I did it for S10 and it was the first time I did it because I wanted to do a local trade in so that the trade in value gets immediately applied to the phone and don't have to worry about sending the trade in phone and wait for them to be accepted etc.

Overall process was smooth and hassle free. Placed a pre order and choose in store pickup on launch day. The night before launch day got an email that my phone is ready and to book a time slot for appointment. Picked the first one available in the morning, walked in and finished everything within 5-10 minutes.

The only downside was waiting till launch day and other online orders from Samsung/others generally ship early and you will receive it a day or two early. If that's not a big deal then I would recommend doing best buy especially if you have trade in since everything is taken care on the spot.

Personally I can't wait till launch and I want the phone asap so going with Samsung or carrier this time so that I get it on Wednesday instead of Friday which will be the launch day.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd hardly characterize that as "fine". Still, I suppose we don't really need pesky and intrusive consumer protections. I'm not gratuitously haranguing you. I'd be very disappointed if I hadn't received something which was an integral part of a transaction.

I meant the actual preordering the phone part, which is what he seemed interested in.

I was pissed about the watch part. I didn't really want it, more of a principal thing.

However, I just saw something about the blue phone colour being a best buy thing, which I hope isn't true:

"in the final hours before the Galaxy Note 10 launch, Evan Blass has shared a render of the device in its “Aura Blue” colorway. This vivid shade lines up with other renders we’ve seen recently, and Blass hints that the device will be sold through Best Buy"

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I meant the actual preordering the phone part, which is what he seemed interested in.

I was pissed about the watch part. I didn't really want it, more of a principal thing.

However, I just saw something about the blue phone colour being a best buy thing, which I hope isn't true:

"in the final hours before the Galaxy Note 10 launch, Evan Blass has shared a render of the device in its “Aura Blue” colorway. This vivid shade lines up with other renders we’ve seen recently, and Blass hints that the device will be sold through Best Buy"

I saw that about the Blue Note too. Looks stunning in the photo. I'd have to get a clear case or a bumper for that phone. I'm sorry that you didn't get the watch though.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I did the noto 8 and they had them in store before I got my phone.. but that's where I got the best deal so may go that rt again just waiting to see who has the best deal for me...
I met either do it through them or through Sprint. If Best Buy has more free promo stuff then I'll probably go that route. It really depends though on whether I need any kind of down payment though as that sometimes varies

Last edited:

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I met either do it through them or through Sprint. If Best Buy has more free baby stuff then I'll probably go that route. It really depends though on whether I need any kind of down payment though as that sometimes varies

I'll be open to offers too. I already have two very nice pairs of AKG Bluetooth headphones from previous devices dating to the S8 Plus. Have to watch the Unpacked Event, wait for Samsung's email then it will become real and time to make a choice.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The only downside was waiting till launch day and other online orders from Samsung/others generally ship early and you will receive it a day or two early. If that's not a big deal then I would recommend doing best buy especially if you have trade in since everything is taken care on the spot.

Personally I can't wait till launch and I want the phone asap so going with Samsung or carrier this time so that I get it on Wednesday instead of Friday which will be the launch day.

I was set on pre-ordering through Samsung because of the $600 trade. Just for the convenient trade in, I'd be more apt to go through BB if they offer the same amount. I do like freebies, but I'd rather not sit on tenterhooks waiting to see if/when my trade is accepted through Samsung. I'd also like to be among the first to receive it though...but that's a gamble too.
#decisions #firstworldproblems

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone pre-ordered with BestBuy before? If so how has it gone for you. I was thinking about doing that vs going through my carrier Sprint.
I think I just might pre-order with them I went and did a return on an S10 plus that I had originally upgraded to and was within the timeframe to return it was a quick and easy process in my account with Sprint already shows eligible to upgrade again. Currently have the note 9

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
A year later. Here we are again. Now are you so sure you want to pre order already? Lol. I might but I'm not 100% sure quite yet
I'm pretty sure the Note 10 is going to have the in screen fingerprint sensor which is something I love that is on the S10 Plus

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Note 7 though Best Buy, and I don't remember it being a very good experience. I have forgotten some of the details, but I remember they were supposed to call me to set up an appointment, never did, I went in to store anyway, turns out they were calling the wrong number (where they got that number is beyond me). This all of course took a while to sort out, with them unlocking cabinets with boxes of phones with stickers on them and glaring at me as though I'm just being an impatient *** hole.

I haven't pre ordered from them since, so it must have been pretty bad

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Note 7 though Best Buy, and I don't remember it being a very good experience. I have forgotten some of the details, but I remember they were supposed to call me to set up an appointment, never did, I went in to store anyway, turns out they were calling the wrong number (where they got that number is beyond me). This all of course took a while to sort out, with them unlocking cabinets with boxes of phones with stickers on them and glaring at me as though I'm just being an impatient *** hole.

I haven't pre ordered from them since, so it must have been pretty bad
I will check with Sprint and Best Buy see what their offers are I'll probably be pre-ordering pretty early on

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I heard Samsung will be offering an build your own Galaxy Kit for people that pre order. I wonder what that will be. Must be you get to pick your gift. Few hours away !!!!

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I was set on pre-ordering through Samsung because of the $600 trade. Just for the convenient trade in, I'd be more apt to go through BB if they offer the same amount. I do like freebies, but I'd rather not sit on tenterhooks waiting to see if/when my trade is accepted through Samsung. I'd also like to be among the first to receive it though...but that's a gamble too.
#decisions #firstworldproblems

How does the samsung trade in work? Do they give you the trade in value during checkout? Or just wait and credit you the money after they receive the phone ?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How does the samsung trade in work? Do they give you the trade in value during checkout? Or just wait and credit you the money after they receive the phone ?

You get the trade in value at checkout, BUT, if after they receive your trade in device they say that it's not up to their standards, they'll charge that amount back to the method you used to purchase. So if you send a perfect phone, but if they say the screen is cracked when they receive it, they'll charge that amount back to your card.