Pre-ordering with Best Buy

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
LOVE the phone :)
I like it quite a bit more than my S10+. The size feels about the same and I'm still exploring the s-pen features.

I was in and out of my BB in 20 minutes so I'm considering myself lucky but that's the 3rd or 4th phone I've gotten from then with no issues. Sorry to hear some people are having problems getting theirs. Hopefully those issues get resolved quickly.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my black Note 10+ 5g 256 gb on august 8. Says august 30 for me too. I am working out of state so I was going to pick it up here, but I may be home next week. I don't mind waiting, but if I was told today then that's what I expect, I may have to cancel it. What a sh$t show.

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
We didn't win the launch day lottery. Our phones are in our local store, however the activation problem is preventing us from getting them today. The BB person called me a little while ago and said she doesn't see the problem being resolved today. She and her manager have been on hold with their support for hours. She said she will call me if something changes. I believe she will. She was relieved and happy to talk to someone that isn't going to blame her and yell at her. If your order is delayed, please be nice to the local people that are just doing their job.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I left. The CSR says she will continue to work on it over the next few days. This is a joke, and I won't get any compensation for the waste of my time. Never going through BB for a preorder again.

I had the same issue, I told them just try and put my SIM card from my old AT&T Note 8 into the Note 10+ and bam, activated with no issues, they then did the rest of the people that were waiting that had the same issue. Did my good deed for the day lol.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Wow thanks at&t. All dirty and messed up covers. glad phone was ok.

e7452601d56fd3705d16481e264464d3.jpg

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I think we need to be mad at all three, Samsung, Best Buy, and the carriers. This is not their first rodeo and something this basic should never be missed or slip through the cracks. It boggles my mind that with all the technology available, something like this could occur.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Whew. This was an adventure. But I'm always at Best Buy a minimum of 2 hrs with a new phone.

So I get there around 10:30. Second one at the counter. I see the same girl I always deal with so we exchange pleasantries. And thus the problems began.

So the trade in that I pre-registered didn't show up so she had to resubmit (everyone was having that problem).
She goes to activate and they can't activate me because I have a grandfathered plan on AT&T. So anyone with an older plan looking to hold on, you can't. The phone can't even be activated unless you switch therefore forcing you to give up your old plan. Luckily I had called before I pre-ordered to inquire about the plans they had so she was able to switch it on her end. She gave me an even lower rate than the guy at the loyalty department I spoke with. So i'm like proceed with the switch.

This is where is gets funny. So they can't even do the activation because when unpacking the boxes an employee attached new sim cards when AT&T already shipped one in the box. So the sim cards associated with all the phones are the wrong ones. So she couldn't even activate. Everyone was having this problem.

So she swaps it out. And proceeds to activate. So in the meantime I ask her to do the smart switch while i wait. So she tries wifi but i knew that would take too long as I have a lot of data (already backed up what I could on my SD card and had a backup Smart Switch at home just in case but i had msgs coming in the meantime so I figured do the smart switch in store). So they switch to the cable and couldn't get the smart switch to work. So i'm like yeah get this sorted out in store so I know it's not a problem with my phone.

So finally after multiple attempts the switch is working. So now the big fun. Going to activate and of course the dreaded AT&T and Sprint glitch that folks were having where they were on hold for hours. So I braced myself. As this was a nationwide problem, another employee is like our hands are tied. It's something the customer has to call AT&T to sort out and they will be sending me an email.

Now when I first got there I asked if I could just swap my old sim into the new one and was told they have to install the new card. But after being there for over 2 hours she said, bump this. Since there's a problem with the sim card and the wrong sims associated with the packing, lemme pull her old card out. So she swaps my old card and bam....service. She said, after you being here and you always being here, I wasn't gonna send you home to be on hold with no service. While the other AT&T and Sprint customers waited with their problems with activation.

Arrival at best buy: 10:30 am. Departure 1:55 pm and now i'm home to bond with my Aura Glow beauty. Sigh....it's always something lol.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Preordered early on the 10th, AT&T glow. Finally got an email saying it's delayed, no date given, and says they'll keep attempting to fulfill until 9/22 at which point they'll cancel... WTF. It was clearly not coming today but their customer service was insistent it was, and then this?! At least don't lie! BS.

It shows Glow and Blue are not in stock locally, ship date of 9/4 and 9/6 or else I'd consider giving up the preorder gift and grabbing one. So lame. I really want the credit for wireless buds, so I'll suck it up but definitely chancing Samsung.com next year.

VZW-Storm

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Samsung galaxy note 10 plus 5g on 8/10. Best Buy promised it would be delivered on release day 8/23 to the store. My order shows pick up on the 23rd. Went to store to pick up and they have none. They can't see anything in their system showing when it will arrive. Got my Note 9 direct from Samsung last year two days before release date. Best Buy claims to be the best but clearly not. Still waiting for my pre order. Won't be using Best Buy ever again.

jac12

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
Had a feeling this was going to turn into a nightmare. Preordered in the 14th says pick up on the 30th. Feel like it will just continue getting delayed until they cancel and I’ll be left to forfeit my $600 trade in.

Nunya Bidness5

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
Ok, I left. The CSR says she will continue to work on it over the next few days. This is a joke, and I won't get any compensation for the waste of my time. Never going through BB for a preorder again.

Amen....this is my SECOND time. They screwed me on my S8+ Thought they would have it together by now...NOPE. People can walk in and buy today...but the folks that pre ordered August 8th, have to wait. WTH?

jac12

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
Amen....this is my SECOND time. They screwed me on my S8+ Thought they would have it together by now...NOPE. People can walk in and buy today...but the folks that pre ordered August 8th, have to wait. WTH?

This. So what I don’t understand is why these devices wouldn’t be put towards the back ordered preorders FIRST. I get you may not have certain colors, storage, etc for all preorders. But why wouldn’t the ones that you can fill not go to preorders first. Makes no sense to me.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Best buy back office said Verizon system has said it's out of stock even though it's not actually out of stock bc best buy has inventory so they have to escalate it to corporate so they can by pass the error. Once that's done we will get an email but she couldn't say how long it might take. I ordered the phone on the 10th and best buy says my phone isn't even in yet, but it may come in later today. They also proceeded to tell me worst come to worst I may have to cancel my pre order, I said um then I'll loose my Samsung pre order freebies and they said "yeah it can happen" wtf. Won't be doing any more pre orders through best buy.