Dilemma Verizon Note 10+ or Note 10+ 5G

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the original unlimited 4G data plan with Verizon (yes I'm still holding on to it). I'm wondering if I should just get the regular Note 10+ or spring for the 5G version. I know it's not capable with my plan, but my hopes are that Verizon will cave in to those of us with it left and give it to us for a 10 dollar fee like the other grandfather unlimited plans. Also on the other hand I'm constantly upgrading at least every 6 months so the chances of me using the 5G note in a year is slim to none. Don't know which way to go because I love new technology and it would be nice to try when it comes to my city (Houston) later this year.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had Verizon since 2012 and worked for them for 4 years, I've got no reason to believe they will allow 5G on their old plans. 5G will also be very limited by coverage map for at least another year or two, and I don't feel any need for faster data.

Personally I view the 5G version as a waste of money.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had Verizon since 2012 and worked for them for 4 years, I've got no reason to believe they will allow 5G on their old plans. 5G will also be very limited by coverage map for at least another year or two, and I don't feel any need for faster data.

Personally I view the 5G version as a waste of money.
Yea they've been trying so hard to get me off. Honestly don't know why I keep it as it's more expensive than even their highest new unlimited plan just can't let it go. Also don't feel I need faster speed. Guess I should just get the regular one and save myself 200 bucks. Thanks for the reply.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I considered the 5G for a minute when I saw there was coverage in Providence. I live about 35 minutes south, but when I looked at the details it's not even in all of Providence it's like 5 neighborhoods. And I'm never in Providence. Then when I really thought about it if I'm using my phone I'm almost always on WiFi anyway

bobbyleebrown.bb

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I want the 5G Verizon too, but 5G is not close to where I spend 99% of my time. Why pay $10 a month extra per line for a service that I'll only use 1% per year?