08-28-2019 12:27 PM
137 12345 ...
tools
    How long ago did you try? Im on at&t, and my unlocked Pixel 3 works with wifi calling since I purchased last thanksgiving, and a couple months ago my unlocked Essential Phone started working with wifi calling too.
    Yeah on my pixel 3xl it works but when I was on unlocked note 9 firmware wouldn't work
    08-08-2019 06:58 PM
    I am on tmobile I did the same. Was only getting 300 for trading in my note 9. So canceled got unlocked aura blue. 491 total.
    So, thanks to this chat, I cancelled my Verizon carrier preorder, and bought the unlocked model (for that $600 trade-in). First time ever using an unlocked model. Hopefully I won't notice any difference in use.
    PhabPhan and burrzoo like this.
    08-08-2019 10:18 PM
    Wouldn't the video calling work with Verizon messages?

Do you know if Samsung's find my mobile will work on Verizon? Verizon blocked install on Verizon S10 plus. I know I can use Google find my device but find my mobile has more features.
    Wow never realized find my mobile didn't work on the Verizon S10+. Always assumed I had it, but now see that I don't. Probably should go unlocked as well.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-09-2019 07:13 AM
    I have an unlocked S8 that I'm using on Verizon. In order to get the Samsung find my mobile option to work, you'll need to contact Verizon directly and they can activate on their end. Also Wi-Fi calling doesn't work on my phone and while I get the monthly security updates, it isn't until after all the other carriers have updated for that particular month. Currently on the July update.

Also, Verizon phones are unlocked as well (now after 60 days of activation/purchase). So, I think the only difference between the unlocked and Verizon versions would be the Verizon aps that are pre-installed.
    08-09-2019 08:17 AM
    Wow never realized find my mobile didn't work on the Verizon S10+. Always assumed I had it, but now see that I don't. Probably should go unlocked as well.
    Don't get me wrong, the Google Version, Find My Device works well and I believes it location services is more accurate. The issue is that Google has a handful of features where Samsung has two handfuls.
    08-09-2019 08:48 AM
    I have an unlocked S8 that I'm using on Verizon. In order to get the Samsung find my mobile option to work, you'll need to contact Verizon directly and they can activate on their end. Also Wi-Fi calling doesn't work on my phone and while I get the monthly security updates, it isn't until after all the other carriers have updated for that particular month. Currently on the July update.

Also, Verizon phones are unlocked as well (now after 60 days of activation/purchase). So, I think the only difference between the unlocked and Verizon versions would be the Verizon aps that are pre-installed.
    Maybe the Wifi calling is a limitation on the S8. I've had people reporting that WIFI calling works currently on the S10.
    08-09-2019 08:51 AM
    Maybe the Wifi calling is a limitation on the S8. I've had people reporting that WIFI calling works currently on the S10.
    I can't use wifi calling on an unlocked note with AT&T.

I wonder if it's a restriction on devices that they offer on their Network? People are saying they can use the feature with Pixel and Essential devices. But seems like Samsung and devices are blocked since they already offer them. 🤷*♂️
    08-09-2019 08:57 AM

I wonder if it's a restriction on devices that they offer on their Network? People are saying they can use the feature with Pixel and Essential devices. But seems like Samsung and devices are blocked since they already offer them. *
    It depends on the carrier. I've heard that AT&T doesn't support it. I don't know for sure if it's true...... just what I've read.
    08-09-2019 09:06 AM

That's S8, things have changed quite a bit. With S10 official US unlocked many Verizon features like wifi calling, VoLTE etc all work fine with the unlocked model. The reason people at least I buy unlocked is not to have carrier bloat/firmware. SIM unlock is no big deal as any phone can be easily sim unlocked even if it's locked to begin with.
    08-09-2019 09:12 AM
    That's correct things changed from the S10 series for US unlocked model in terms of Verizon features working on it.
    08-09-2019 09:13 AM

I wonder if it's a restriction on devices that they offer on their Network? People are saying they can use the feature with Pixel and Essential devices. But seems like Samsung and devices are blocked since they already offer them. *
    Yeah it depends on carriers on what carrier feature work on the unlocked model. AT&T is the worst carrier in terms of compatibility. But things can change any time, for example starting with S10 series things improved on Verizon compatibility and lots of Verizon specific features started working on the unlocked model.
    Serkle K and burrzoo like this.
    08-09-2019 09:17 AM
    That's correct things changed from the S10 series for US unlocked model in terms of Verizon features working on it.
    That's true
    Yeah it depends on carriers on what carrier feature work on the unlocked model. AT&T is the worst carrier in terms of compatibility. But things can change any time, for example starting with S10 series things improved on Verizon compatibility and lots of Verizon specific features started working on the unlocked model.
    It does depend on carriers but look like they improving this lately
    Serkle K and bhatech like this.
    08-09-2019 09:23 AM
    Last I recall on AT&T, you can't use WiFi calling with an unlocked device. It sucks, and that's how they get you. I need to have WiFi calling. Or else, I would be sitting here happy with a pre-ordered Note10+ 512GB in Blue. And I think the HotSpot also, I've never needed a hotspot from my phones, so I am not sure if that's still an issue too.
    As msm0511 mentioned, you can flash to AT&T firmware and get everything, just like AT&T version.

I am also with AT&T and I ordered a blue N10+ unlocked version.
    Serkle K and burrzoo like this.
    08-09-2019 09:36 AM
    As msm0511 mentioned, you can flash to AT&T firmware and get everything, just like AT&T version.

Definitely agree
    burrzoo likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:42 AM
    Funny guy lol
    Unlocked will work for all 4 carrier, some features might be missing like video chat ,RCS texting,wifi calling, but that's it

I might be confused but what else it new LOL

WiFi calling is important to me but I thought I read that the UnLocked Note 10+ has it for Verizon
    Is it different with different carriers ?

As Always Thanks
    08-09-2019 10:26 AM

I was not aware that's a possibility. In either case, I wanted the 512 10+, and it seems like its only currently available in Black, carrier and unlocked, so I'll just keep my order. I dont want to go through the hassle with BestBuy or AT&T. My Note8 is AT&T branded, and been a good experience over the last 2 years, compared to the first year with my S7E.
    08-09-2019 10:34 AM
    I might be confused but what else it new LOL

WiFi calling is important to me but I thought I read that the UnLocked Note 10+ has it for Verizon
    Is it different with different carriers ?

As Always Thanks
    It is different for carriers, but if the unlocked 10+ has it you should be fine
    TheMiz likes this.
    08-09-2019 10:47 AM
    Definitely agree
    Couple of questions:
    How long will it typically take to get the first file to Flash the AT&T crapware? I just cancelled my AT&T N10+ model and ordered the Unlocked version (after I read 100's of posts on flashing). I get such poor service at my home, I'm hoping that the modem in the Note 10+ works that much better than my N9 so I won't have to flash. AT&T always tries to keep such a short leash on you. Money, money, money.

I also have a T-Mo SIM in an iPhone XR. Can I move the SIM back and forth between the XR and the N10+ without issue? I ask because I was trying to unlock my N9, moved the T-Mo SIM to the N9 where I needed to enter my SIM Unlock code and then when I eventually put the T-Mo SIM back into the iPhone, It was like it needed activation all over again! What a PIA! I had to call T-MO to get it working again. Does this sound like something that should be happening? Maybe I screwed something up somewhere?

Thanks!!!
    08-09-2019 12:03 PM
    Couple of questions:
    How long will it typically take to get the first file to Flash the AT&T crapware? I just cancelled my AT&T N10+ model and ordered the Unlocked version (after I read 100's of posts on flashing). I get such poor service at my home, I'm hoping that the modem in the Note 10+ works that much better than my N9 so I won't have to flash. AT&T always tries to keep such a short leash on you. Money, money, money.

I also have a T-Mo SIM in an iPhone XR. Can I move the SIM back and forth between the XR and the N10+ without issue? I ask because I was trying to unlock my N9, moved the T-Mo SIM to the N9 where I needed to enter my SIM Unlock code and then when I eventually put the T-Mo SIM back into the iPhone, It was like it needed activation all over again! What a PIA! I had to call T-MO to get it working again. Does this sound like something that should be happening? Maybe I screwed something up somewhere?

Thanks!!!
    You should disable iMessage and FaceTime before removing the SIM if you are moving it to Android.
    burrzoo likes this.
    08-09-2019 12:08 PM
    You should disable iMessage and FaceTime before removing the SIM if you are moving it to Android.
    Thanks @Mike Dee!
    Once I do that it should work smoothly going back & forth?
    08-09-2019 12:20 PM
    Will we be able to use AT$T NumberSync with our Galaxy Watches on the Unlocked Ver. if we don't flash? Anyone have experience with this?
    08-09-2019 12:38 PM
    Couple of questions:

Thanks!!!
    My note 9 is sim unlocked
    When I put my other sim Att it loads all att stuff plus splash screen, when i switch sims it automatically restart the phone to apply the new carrier configuration. Hope that helps
    burrzoo and buzzy3970 like this.
    08-09-2019 12:46 PM
    Ok, so I have a Note 8 through Verizon and want to save money of course. So, can I get the Note 10+ unlocked sent to my house and just put in my own sim card and save activation fees? Also, it says you have to activate today to get it for $999, otherwise it's $1,099 if you activate later....how do you get by with it for $999 minus the $300 or so for the trade-in without activating it? I was confused. Also, is it better to get it on the 24 months interest free through Best Buy's credit card?
    08-09-2019 04:42 PM
    Here's a pic of my order to show the discount.
    How do you get by without paying the activation fee and through what carrier do you have? Thanks.
    08-09-2019 05:17 PM
    How do you get by without paying the activation fee and through what carrier do you have? Thanks.
    I'm trying to avoid that fee with AT$T by ordering through Samsung.com & just putting in my Old Note 9 SIM.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-09-2019 05:28 PM
137 12345 ...