Verizon Pre Order

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I went somewhere else on Verizon's website and it shows the trade in now. This time it shows the full $450 with no mention of new line required. I get so sick of Verizon reps telling me wrong info, not once, not twice, but three times. I know I'll be fighting over this after I get the phone.
0fb3739ed1a3aa284a05007f9d979c71.jpg
You have to be on Verizon unlimited to qualify for the $450.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, thanks. I understand why VZW does it that way. Makes good business sense. I just don't like being tied to 24 months of payments.

Plus they don't have blue!
Same for me, bigger discount and zero interest. From what I can tell the Verizon unlimited trade in plan is the cheapest way to get a Note 10 +.

I used BB when I bought my Note 8. BB had the Note 8 for $200 off on pre-orders and I was able to trade my Note 8 in at Verizon for $250 trade in credit. So $450 total off. I paid about a dollar less a month for my Note 8 than my Note 4. Plus BB delivered early.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I also am looking to trade in both my wife's and my Note 4's during the Verizon promotion. No where in the original promotion info stated on the site did it mention anything about lower amounts depending on whether it was an upgrade or a new line activation.

The only qualifications it said were that you had to be unlimited and the device had to be in good working and cosmetic condition, which they are. So I went thru the process of ordering two Note 10 Plusses via the My Verizon app and sure enough, it gave me the 450.00 discount (18.75/mo) off with our Note 4's as the trade in devices and I also got an order confirmation email showing such.

Then this morning completely by accident I happened across an FAQ about the Note 10 promo that says (under #2 , first line) that you only get the 450.00 if it's a new line activation and 200.00 for an upgrade! WTH! I will post the link to that page at the end of this post. Suffice it to say I was on the phone immediately with my local store AND Verizon themselves. According to a half dozen reps I spoke with at Verizon and 3 more at my local store about all this, they all stated categorically that no where in their training for this promo or the written info they have at hand says anything about a lower trade in amounts for upgrades vs. new lines but rather as stated above, the only qualifications for the 450.00 promo were unlimited data plan and the devices were in good working and cosmetic condition. As far as they all knew, the ONLY "new line" requirement was if you were doing the BOGO offer. The last rep I spoke with at Verizon itself (who I was escalated to) said they have submitted a discrepancy report to the higher ups about this, notated my account about what I had discovered and that if there were any issues in getting the full 450.00 credit per phone, to call or email them back directly so they could make it right. We shall see.

If there really is a lower trade in for upgrades, I can see this creating create quite a fuss if Verizon tries to push the lower amount, at least on already existing orders like mine who have confirmations showing the 450.00 discount as valid. Kinda like when the airlines mess up on ticket prices online.

Here's the link to the FAQ's I found and I will watch to see if it's updated or not.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/support/shopping-and-deals/&token=aVAOw17j
If you transfer a line you get an additional $200 gift card. If you are on unlimited you get the $450 trade in credit. When you pre-order you have to choose if you are upgrading on an existing line. For a Note 8 Verizon will give you $185 if you have a standard data plan. If you are on unlimited you get $450. Unless you are on the very old plans.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Same for me, bigger discount and zero interest. From what I can tell the Verizon unlimited trade in plan is the cheapest way to get a Note 10 +.
If you're on unlimited and you don't have something like a Note 9 to trade in, I agree. If I trade my Note 9 in at Best Buy on a VZW phone, I get $650 off the phone and $150 credit at the Sammy store. That's the best deal I've seen so far for me personally.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're on unlimited and you don't have something like a Note 9 to trade in, I agree. If I trade my Note 9 in at Best Buy on a VZW phone, I get $650 off the phone and $150 credit at the Sammy store. That's the best deal I've seen so far for me personally.
Sure I would as well, but I always keep a phone two years. The exception was note 4. I kept my Note 4 for almost 3 years. I don't like changing phones that often.

I used Best Buy two years ago. I liked my experience and phone arrived very early. There are several very good deals available depending on your needs.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how to insert a screenshot to this from my iPad but I have a $450 credit for my Note 8 and shows a discount of $18.75 for 24mos. It's a done deal.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well this stinks. I cannot find a single order status webpage that will give me any info or even find my order at all.

Frustrating.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a chat with a Verizon rep and he said I would get $450 for my trade in on the Note 8. I'm on the top unlimited plan though.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You can be on any of the newer unlimited plans. Don't know about the grandfathered unlimited plans, doubt it.
He also said I can just bring my trade into any Verizon retailer and provide them with my order number and location ID instead of shipping to Verizon after I've received the device. Is this true?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
He also said I can just bring my trade into any Verizon retailer and provide them with my order number and location ID instead of shipping to Verizon after I've received the device. Is this true?
Most likely. They usually let you trade in at any store and apply the promotional credits to your account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes