Verizon Pre Order

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So sorry if this has been asked before. Ok so the BOGO deal you must open a new line as part of the agreement. Now I have three lines with Verizon now and don't need a fourth. Now can I just open a new line an cancel one of my old lines and transfer the number? My other line I would cancel is free and clear. But I don't want to lose the phone number tied to it, so I'd want to transfer it to the new line.
I asked Verizon that question. The sales rep said she would try to Port my old number over to the new line, but could not guarantee I would be able to keep the old number. There's a work around, but not sure you have time or maybe you could do it after you get the note 10. You should have time if you did it today, the port would probably be completed in 24 hours.

Port your old number to a prepaid line, cheapest you can find. Once it's active, start a new line at Verizon with the promo deal and have them Port that number back to Verizon on the new line, the prepaid goes away. Only issue, this process takes time and your number would be on the prepaid until you receive the note 10. I would suggest doing it after you get the note 10 if Verizon can't change the numbers out themselves. They can do it, question is will they. I've had to do the porting deal above just to keep a number myself.

The last sentence I circled in there is gray area. Is changing the number considered transferring the line? It looks like they also made it so the note 10 has to be on that line, it states the device is also tied to this agreement.

Maybe there's a easier way, this is the only way I could do it when I had to do it, but back then they didn't have that rule device has to be on the new line and transferring line crap, whatever that means. I say do it if you want to keep your number, it's a work around, but it also gives Verizon the middle finger for their new line required crap that always do.
1af906424251fdb006096b6bffb76831.jpg

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I remember when note 7 came and it was sheer panic and anger in here! I guess Verizon chose to not entertain that this year!

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I asked Verizon that question. The sales rep said she would try to Port my old number over to the new line, but could not guarantee I would be able to keep the old number. There's a work around, but not sure you have time or maybe you could do it after you get the note 10. You should have time if you did it today, the port would probably be completed in 24 hours.

Port your old number to a prepaid line, cheapest you can find. Once it's active, start a new line at Verizon with the promo deal and have them Port that number back to Verizon on the new line, the prepaid goes away. Only issue, this process takes time and your number would be on the prepaid until you receive the note 10. I would suggest doing it after you get the note 10 if Verizon can't change the numbers out themselves. They can do it, question is will they. I've had to do the porting deal above just to keep a number myself.

The last sentence I circled in there is gray area. Is changing the number considered transferring the line? It looks like they also made it so the note 10 has to be on that line, it states the device is also tied to this agreement.

Maybe there's a easier way, this is the only way I could do it when I had to do it, but back then they didn't have that rule device has to be on the new line and transferring line crap, whatever that means. I say do it if you want to keep your number, it's a work around, but it also gives Verizon the middle finger for their new line required crap that always do.
1af906424251fdb006096b6bffb76831.jpg
Yeah I did some research and I guess Verizon caught on to that little trick and started not giving credits to people. IDK said something like I could port the number to say Google voice and then port the number back to Verizon in 60 days after they kinda stop monitoring it. It's fine I'll just get a new number at this point to avoid having to pay full price just in case.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did some research and I guess Verizon caught on to that little trick and started not giving credits to people. IDK said something like I could port the number to say Google voice and then port the number back to Verizon in 60 days after they kinda stop monitoring it. It's fine I'll just get a new number at this point to avoid having to pay full price just in case.
Go figure. No wonder people change carriers all the time

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Lol it was not a bad thing.. people freaking about account not charged or charged; checking flights and when planes arrived; stuff like that

Lol oh okay. I don't remember all that ...then again I was with TMobile. I mostly stayed in the TMobile thread lol it's been pretty boring this preorder so I've been reading all the preorder threads 🤣

7airwrecka7

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
Where can you see that the $450 was applied? I selected that offer also, and I have an eligible phone that I’m upgrading, but didn’t see anywhere that $450 or even $200 was applied yet. I just thought I’d have to wait until they receive my current phone to confirm it’s in good shape. I hope I get the deal, but if I don’t, it’s okay, I guess. I just really want my Note 10+! Also, my phone isn’t completely paid off yet, but it is past 50% paid which makes it upgrade eligible.

I also am looking to trade in both my wife's and my Note 4's during the Verizon promotion. No where in the original promotion info stated on the site did it mention anything about lower amounts depending on whether it was an upgrade or a new line activation.

The only qualifications it said were that you had to be unlimited and the device had to be in good working and cosmetic condition, which they are. So I went thru the process of ordering two Note 10 Plusses via the My Verizon app and sure enough, it gave me the 450.00 discount (18.75/mo) off with our Note 4's as the trade in devices and I also got an order confirmation email showing such.

Then this morning completely by accident I happened across an FAQ about the Note 10 promo that says (under #2 , first line) that you only get the 450.00 if it's a new line activation and 200.00 for an upgrade! WTH! I will post the link to that page at the end of this post. Suffice it to say I was on the phone immediately with my local store AND Verizon themselves. According to a half dozen reps I spoke with at Verizon and 3 more at my local store about all this, they all stated categorically that no where in their training for this promo or the written info they have at hand says anything about a lower trade in amounts for upgrades vs. new lines but rather as stated above, the only qualifications for the 450.00 promo were unlimited data plan and the devices were in good working and cosmetic condition. As far as they all knew, the ONLY "new line" requirement was if you were doing the BOGO offer. The last rep I spoke with at Verizon itself (who I was escalated to) said they have submitted a discrepancy report to the higher ups about this, notated my account about what I had discovered and that if there were any issues in getting the full 450.00 credit per phone, to call or email them back directly so they could make it right. We shall see.

If there really is a lower trade in for upgrades, I can see this creating create quite a fuss if Verizon tries to push the lower amount, at least on already existing orders like mine who have confirmations showing the 450.00 discount as valid. Kinda like when the airlines mess up on ticket prices online.

Here's the link to the FAQ's I found and I will watch to see if it's updated or not.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/support/shopping-and-deals/&token=WrFUtbsf

7airwrecka7

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
08/22 for me as well! Let's hope its earlier then that ;)

I originally ordered the Aura Glow 10+ 5G and the delivery date was the 23rd, but then I realized it was pointless ordering 5G where I live and I wanted to save that extra $200, so I canceled that order and immediately ordered the 10+ without 5G. Then it said delivery by 8/26 😢 But, I looked at the website and if I were to have gone in and reordered the 5G, it would still be delivered by 8/23. I guess I have no choice but to wait 8 more days 😭

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I originally ordered the Aura Glow 10+ 5G and the delivery date was the 23rd, but then I realized it was pointless ordering 5G where I live and I wanted to save that extra $200, so I canceled that order and immediately ordered the 10+ without 5G. Then it said delivery by 8/26 ?????? But, I looked at the website and if I were to have gone in and reordered the 5G, it would still be delivered by 8/23. I guess I have no choice but to wait 8 more days ??????

You be surprised if you get it before then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol