Note 10 or Note 10 plus

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The Note 10 was the easy choice over the Note 10 Ogre for me. The full-time one-handability and aesthetics of the Note 10's size greatly outweigh a RAM jump that I won't even notice. Not worth the inelegant clunkiness. Don't want to have to pull out a tablet to make a phone call or check Twitter. I like the phone to turn heads, but only for the right reasons.

Surprisingly, several reviewers seem to agree this time around... The Verge (who I usually don't rate very much) in their review, Joshua Vergara, etc. all prefer the Note 10 over the Plus. The spec sheet-obsessed still prefer the Plus, however.

Clearly kidding with "Ogre," before anyone gets offended. If you like phones that size, by all means, do you.

I feel like you picked the one good reason to get a Note 10. It's only $100 less than the Note 10+ and the drawbacks are significant: only a 1080p screen, no SD card, less RAM. Paying $100 less for this device is like buying a run of the mill car when you could get a crazy sports car for $1000 more.

But if you don't like the size, then yeah that's a great reason to get the base Note 10. Personally I dream of a phone that requires its own backpack. But hey, to each his own!

Cheers to the Note 10 Ogre! :D

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Note 10 was the easy choice over the Note 10 Ogre for me. The full-time one-handability and aesthetics of the Note 10's size greatly outweigh a RAM jump that I won't even notice. Not worth the inelegant clunkiness. Don't want to have to pull out a tablet to make a phone call or check Twitter. I like the phone to turn heads, but only for the right reasons.

Surprisingly, several reviewers seem to agree this time around... The Verge (who I usually don't rate very much) in their review, Joshua Vergara, etc. all prefer the Note 10 over the Plus. The spec sheet-obsessed still prefer the Plus, however.

Clearly kidding with "Ogre," before anyone gets offended. If you like phones that size, by all means, do you.
I feel ya. I've got big hands so big phones are no problem for me.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Has to 10+ for me need SD slot

Likewise, since I prefer to keep all photos and videos on my phone. It's not so much a privacy concern (heck, I share most of them on Instagram anyway), but it's great to be able to call up media without relying on the quality of your Internet connection. I was recently in downtown Denver and the LTE was awful. Being able to display photos and videos locally, without having to rely on the cell network, was pretty great.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree I keep music, pictures and videos all on my 256 card. Large collection of music.
Likewise, since I prefer to keep all photos and videos on my phone. It's not so much a privacy concern (heck, I share most of them on Instagram anyway), but it's great to be able to call up media without relying on the quality of your Internet connection. I was recently in downtown Denver and the LTE was awful. Being able to display photos and videos locally, without having to rely on the cell network, was pretty great.