Any notification LED indicator

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
There was a rumor that the selfie camera hole might double as a notification LED. I didn't catch after the announcement if that was the case or not. Anyone confirm if that's true or not? I put a lot of value in being able to just look at the phone and see if the LED is blinking to let me know I need to check it, so that'd be a tough loss.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There was a rumor that the selfie camera hole might double as a notification LED. I didn't catch after the announcement if that was the case or not. Anyone confirm if that's true or not? I put a lot of value in being able to just look at the phone and see if the LED is blinking to let me know I need to check it, so that'd be a tough loss.

It's just like the S10. No notification light of any kind out of the box.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This is actually incorrect. If you download Samsung good lock application off the galaxy app store it has the notification light option for the camera punch hole.

It is not incorrect. Out of the box, it has no notification. You have to download additional software.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Out of the box the always on display shows an icon for the notifications and when battery is full. At a glance.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My note 10+ has the features and in color so at a glance is even easier. I did not get the 9 but the 10+ is a definite improvement on the 8+.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My note 10+ has the features and in color so at a glance is even easier. I did not get the 9 but the 10+ is a definite improvement on the 8+.

It might be improved some, but I get so many notifications that an LED notification, or something close to that is better than the AOD

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, to you but my experience is the AOD is better and provides the at a glance notification that was asked about. To each his own.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, to you but my experience is the AOD is better and provides the at a glance notification that was asked about. To each his own.

How many notifications do you usually have at one time? I sometimes have 20+ notifications and the AOD icons only show a few icons and then +X for the extras. Some notifications are more important than others, but the AOD doesn't let me sort that, whereas a notification light shows me that I have an important notification among the rest, but might also let me customize the colors of the light.

And the edge light doesn't really count, since it is not a constant notification.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They were asking specifically about the notification light, not at a glance or AOD. AOD isn't as useful as a light for a lot of people, because you have to look at the screen

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is actually incorrect. If you download Samsung good lock application off the galaxy app store it has the notification light option for the camera punch hole.

No... YOU are wrong. That's not the same as an LED. The Edge Lighting app by Samsung just lights up the camera hole momentarily when a notification comes in. It doesn't keep flashing continuously like a true LED does until you clear the notification.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I looked through Goodlock but didn't find an option for that. Can you tell me where to find it in that app? Wanted to try it on my N9 to see how it works.

Thanks

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I looked through Goodlock but didn't find an option for that. Can you tell me where to find it in that app? Wanted to try it on my N9 to see how it works.

Thanks

It probably wouldn't be there on the version of good lock for the Note 9 because it doesn't have a punch hole camera.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It probably wouldn't be there on the version of good lock for the Note 9 because it doesn't have a punch hole camera.

That's what I figured too, but thought I'd ask. After watching some YT vid's about the Good Lock LED notification, it seems this is a non-issue. That's assuming it also works on the Note's. There are also some stand alone apps to make it work.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Omg...it's an LED, perhaps both "sides" need to settle a bit.... You all use your phones different, that's cool. Neither is right, neither is wrong.

That said the LED is gone. Adapt to the new format, or don't buy the phone are your only 2 choices.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01