Any notification LED indicator

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Omg...it's an LED, perhaps both "sides" need to settle a bit.... You all use your phones different, that's cool. Neither is right, neither is wrong.

That said the LED is gone. Adapt to the new format, or don't buy the phone are your only 2 choices.
That's apparently not true. You just have to use Good Lock or other apps to get a notification LED working.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I'd miss the RGB NLED as well (currently have the Xiaomi MI 5). It's very convenient when I am not right next to the phone, e.g. cooking, cleaning, chatting with friends or colleagues at work. Can instantly judge whether it's important or not. Sounds strange when I try to explain it but in practice it's simple and effective.

AOD I'm not sure as I have never owned one. Are the notifications visible at a distance?

Maybe some of the official cases (LED Back Cover, LED Wallet Cover) can display custom notifications. No idea how visible they are though.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd miss the RGB NLED as well (currently have the Xiaomi MI 5). It's very convenient when I am not right next to the phone, e.g. cooking, cleaning, chatting with friends or colleagues at work. Can instantly judge whether it's important or not. Sounds strange when I try to explain it but in practice it's simple and effective.

AOD I'm not sure as I have never owned one. Are the notifications visible at a distance?

Maybe some of the official cases (LED Back Cover, LED Wallet Cover) can display custom notifications. No idea how visible they are though.

AOD notifications are not that visible from a distance. I only notice them when I am looking at my screen.

LED cases tend to show notifications on the back of the phone, so pretty much useless in comparison

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok... I hate Samsung.... I use my phone in exactly this way, holding it only this way, and placing my fingers in exactly this way..... and I can't do it without changing, and I am not going to change!!!!!!

SMH some people have a response for everything... it isn't and LED light, and he isn't going to be happy. We should stop trying.

There are options... those who can adjust to those options, will be fine, and those who can't... well, they will also be fine, because it's an LED, not a nuclear war.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
if the device does not fit your lifestyle because god forbid it doesnt have a notification light then dont get it, wait on the s11 or note 11 and they too will probably not have the light or something else you NEED. lol

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
The led notification light is the second thing I turned off. In both my note8 and note9! Yeech.

I am glad it is gone from the Note10. :)

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok... I hate Samsung.... I use my phone in exactly this way, holding it only this way, and placing my fingers in exactly this way..... and I can't do it without changing, and I am not going to change!!!!!!

SMH some people have a response for everything... it isn't and LED light, and he isn't going to be happy. We should stop trying.

There are options... those who can adjust to those options, will be fine, and those who can't... well, they will also be fine, because it's an LED, not a nuclear war.

At what point have I said that I hate Samsung? I don't pick my phone up in any special way, I just pick it up and the fps is perfectly placed to unlock just by picking it up.

I will eventually have to work around it, but my AT&T options have pretty much limited me to Samsung, for better or worse.