08-21-2019 10:57 AM
27 12
tools
    Looks like it was a miscommunication and the Note 10 doesn't have stainless steel frame like the latest iPhones. Standard aluminum as usual.

Just FYI

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/9/20...um-steel-video

"Samsung has now confirmed to The Vergethat the Note 10’s frame is made from aluminum, just like the company’s other flagships in recent years"
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:05 PM
    Looks like it was a miscommunication and the Note 10 doesn't have stainless steel frame like the latest iPhones. Standard aluminum as usual.

Just FYI

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/9/20...um-steel-video
    We would of seen iphone prices if it was or higher lol.
    08-09-2019 09:06 PM
    Lol it's almost there 950 vs 999 starting price for Note 10 vs Xs, but different specs, feature sets etc. That's an argument for a different thread
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:07 PM
    Lol it's almost there 950 vs 999 starting price for Note 10 vs Xs, but different specs, feature sets etc. That's an argument for a different thread
    Haha , true
    bhatech likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:09 PM
    And they would be much heavier. My XS Max is like carrying a bowling ball in my pocket. LOL
    mustang7757 and Golurk like this.
    08-09-2019 09:19 PM
    Haha , true
    By the way i got a notification yesterday for the new Apple card just when I was planning to switch to Pixel as my daily driver. So now got to continue using the iPhone until at least I receive the Note to keep using the new Apple card via Apple pay ... First world problems
    mustang7757 and Rohan Maheria like this.
    08-09-2019 09:20 PM
    And they would be much heavier. My XS Max is like carrying a bowling ball in my pocket. LOL
    Haha ..my s10+ like paper light , well like 5 to 10 papers together light
    08-09-2019 09:20 PM
    By the way i got a notification yesterday for the new Apple card just when I was planning to switch to Pixel as my daily driver. So now got to continue using the iPhone until at least I receive the Note to keep using the new Apple card via Apple pay ... First world problems
    its saying dont leave so quickly.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:21 PM
    Haha ..my s10+ like paper light , well like 5 to 10 papers together light
    That whole thin and light thing went out the window when they switched back to glass backs and stainless steel frame.
    08-09-2019 09:22 PM
    That whole thin and light thing went out the window when they switched back to glass backs and stainless steel frame.
    True , that's why I was surprised by the s10+ weight
    08-09-2019 09:23 PM
    Yeah the Note 10+ is lighter than S10+ which is a good thing.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-09-2019 09:30 PM
    The last Samsung phone I had was the S8+, but I remember it being surprisingly light for its size.
    08-09-2019 09:31 PM
    Yeah the Note 10+ is lighter than S10+ which is a good thing.
    Definitely is..
    The last Samsung phone I had was the S8+, but I remember it being surprisingly light for its size.
    It was, I had that briefly then got the s8+
    08-09-2019 09:32 PM
    I obviously have no proof of this, but I wonder if the switch has something to do with color matching the frame to the glass. Aluminum is easier to color than steel. It's the same reason I suspect Apple hasn't done a Produce Red iPhone since they switched to stainless. Only the 8 Plus and XR which both still use aluminum has had Product Red.
    08-10-2019 09:59 AM
    Apple is spamming iPhone/Apple exclusive features like TV, Arcadde, and Apple Card in a desperate bid to retain users and prevent them from switching to Android.
    08-21-2019 08:45 AM
    How are you going to use the Apple Card if you switch to the Note ? Man, you're in Apple Jail now! Lol
    08-21-2019 09:03 AM
    haha! I received an email about "be one of the first to get the Apple Card". BUT there was this "your email address is not valid. use your icloud email." Ah, no. So it won't accept my default email on my domain. On well.
    08-21-2019 09:25 AM
    Apple is spamming iPhone/Apple exclusive features like TV, Arcadde, and Apple Card in a desperate bid to retain users and prevent them from switching to Android.
    Ah no. Nothing to do with some people switching away. Nice FUD attempt!
    08-21-2019 09:26 AM
    How are you going to use the Apple Card if you switch to the Note ? Man, you're in Apple Jail now! Lol
    I personally use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch (Best watch ever!) while using my Note9 for everything else. Very easy to do and non-intrusive.

That is how I roll. Platform agnostic.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-21-2019 09:27 AM
    I personally use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch (Best watch ever!) while using my Note9 for everything else. Very easy to do and non-intrusive.

But don't you need the phone to use the actual physical card ? I swear I was reading an article by NYT or CNBC one of them where the journalist said you need the phone to use the card. I could be wrong. If you don't need the phone and can still use the card then thats cool. But what about bill payment? Don't you need the phone to make the payments as they don't allow payments via the web?
    08-21-2019 09:54 AM
    First I always have multiple lines/multiple phones. And second apple card is not the only credit card I'm having. I have always used iPhones and Android phones along side. So no I'm not tied to any phone, even if I have to use apple card when I'm carrying my android phone I can use it on my apple watch without the iPhone in my pocket which I always wear. Or I can just use the physical apple card without the iPhone or Apple watch. Either way it doesn't lock me to iPhone only
    08-21-2019 10:35 AM

You get it
    gyounk likes this.
    08-21-2019 10:36 AM
    Ah no. Nothing to do with some people switching away. Nice FUD attempt!
    I’m not doing an F.U.D. It’s probably true (I doubt Apple will ever say what their strategies are) and if so it’s a smart decision. Apple iPhones aren’t selling well and now account for less than 50% of Apple’s revenue...to make up for their losing ground in the mobile business Apple has put a lot more effort into services, like Apple TV, Arcade and now the Apple Card. That way they make more revenue and dissuade existing users from switching.

Since Samsung and even Huawei have seen sales increase (compared to last year), Apple has released several services recently to try to keep existing users and diversify its sources of revenue to increase profitability and resistance. It’s a smart move, given that they have to wait until September for the iPhone to provide a very large source of revenue again and maybe even reclaim some market share.
    08-21-2019 10:38 AM
    But don't you need the phone to use the actual physical card ? I swear I was reading an article by NYT or CNBC one of them where the journalist said you need the phone to use the card. I could be wrong. If you don't need the phone and can still use the card then thats cool. But what about bill payment? Don't you need the phone to make the payments as they don't allow payments via the web?
    Lol on the clueless new articles. First of all Apple card is just like any other credit card. You can use it via apple pay on iPhone/apple watch just like any other credit card and also use it without the phone/watch by using the physical apple card just like other cards. When using the physical apple card you don't need to have your iPhone or apple watch with you.

Having the iPhone is good to manage the card, view the transactions, better rewards using apple pay and bunch of other things. It doesn't make sense to have the apple card if you don't have an iPhone or plan to keep an iPhone with you. But it's not like you can't use apple card without iPhone or you are tied to iPhone forever if you have the apple card
    08-21-2019 10:39 AM
    I won't call it spamming, but yeah they want to make sure their per user revenue is higher by having all these additional services tied to the iPhone given that hardware sales have plateaued. They have to do what's good for the company revenue and growth just like every other company in the world.
    08-21-2019 10:44 AM
27 12