Help Me Pick A Decent Case Note 10+

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's really what it is - because they are so inexpensive, I can own a few cases and they offer a good level of protection.

With my blue Note 9, I had a transparent case from Spigen that supposedly would not yellow - but that wasn't the issue with me. I could not get rid of this rainbow greasy look effect that it created between the case and the back of my phone - no matter how much I cleaned it. When I put that case on, it just has this oily type look and I never used that case. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and how to avoid that? Otherwise, I would use a clear case occasionally as well.

The rainbow effect is why many clear cases have small patterns on them. It keeps from getting that look. It has more to do with air than the case or phone being dirty.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The rainbow effect is why many clear cases have small patterns on them. It keeps from getting that look. It has more to do with air than the case or phone being dirty.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. That makes sense. Unfortunately the one from Spigen is totally clear and that rainbow effect just is a buzzkill!

Panther6834

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Spigen cases for many years, plus I gave OtterBox a try...but, for my past three phones, I've used the UAG Monarch. As for my (already pre-ordered) Note 10, my (already ordered) new UAG Monarch should be arriving around the beginning of next week.

Last edited:

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the aura glow and would really like a minimal clear case. There are lots of them out there, but my experience with previous phones is that all of these cases get a yellow tint to them after a short amount of time, making them look really ugly. Does anyone know of a clear case that won't discolor?
It's the clear TPU material that turns yellow. Try a case with plastic back and colored border. Clear borders are usually TPU.

Or as some one mentioned Speck makes a stay clear version that is not supposed to yellow.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the aura glow and would really like a minimal clear case. There are lots of them out there, but my experience with previous phones is that all of these cases get a yellow tint to them after a short amount of time, making them look really ugly. Does anyone know of a clear case that won't discolor?[/QUOTE

Get the pure clear from tech 21 , great looking case, great protection and it doesn't go yellow at all, it has a money back on that , had it on my S10+ and ordered for my note 10+ aura blue

Moonliterider

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the aura glow and would really like a minimal clear case. There are lots of them out there, but my experience with previous phones is that all of these cases get a yellow tint to them after a short amount of time, making them look really ugly. Does anyone know of a clear case that won't discolor?

I really like my Otterbox Symmetry clear case. I've had one on my S10+ since day one,with zero yellowing. Speck would be my second choice! I still have my Speck case on my Note 9! Both were worth the price to me because they just hold up so well and let you enjoy the beautiful color of your phone!

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the black color N10+. So I didn't need to get a clear case to show off the glow. I went with the Ringke Onyx. They changed the design slightly and I think it looks better.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VFFMC3...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6602272
24fa397d4bedb5cede282f9402b02ebd.jpg