I've been looking at buying the Samsung Note 10+ 5G model from Samsung in the UK.

However in the small print it does say

" 5G model only. Device locked to a participating network. 5G functionality requires compatible network connection. "

Samsung Social Media on Twitter say it will accept any sim card but only attain 5G on Networks already providing that connection.

Looking at the Samsung Galaxy s10 5G you had to choose which network you wanted to on at the ordering stage which doesn't seem to be the same with the Note 10 5G so it's looking good that it'll accept all network sim cards.

Something I'll be clarifying before parting with over £1k.
    08-11-2019 11:33 AM
    I've been looking at buying the Samsung Note 10+ 5G model from Samsung in the UK.

However in the small print it does say

" 5G model only. Device locked to a participating network. 5G functionality requires compatible network connection. "

Samsung Social Media on Twitter say it will accept any sim card but only attain 5G on Networks already providing that connection.

Looking at the Samsung Galaxy s10 5G you had to choose which network you wanted to on at the ordering stage which doesn't seem to be the same with the Note 10 5G so it's looking good that it'll accept all network sim cards.

Something I'll be clarifying before parting with over £1k.
    I know at least in the US different networks use different frequency ranges for 5G. Verizon is focusing on mmWave which provides the fastest speeds, but has more spotty coverage and is more susceptible to interference. The other carriers are focusing on low/mid-band 5G which provides better coverage, but maybe not the fastest speeds.
    08-11-2019 12:27 PM
    A mm/Wave tower transmitting enough power to give the same coverage as lowband, or even midband, would be dangerous to be near. And lower frequencies have, by simple arithmetic, less bandwidth. But the eventual plan is for enough small towers all over the place for IoT to use mmWave with low power towers. You can put anything you want on your LAN, but put every car in the country on mobile data and all the carriers would go down. Not enough towers yet.
    08-11-2019 07:17 PM