So I'm curious if the Note 10 will be compatible with the DeX pad. Love DeX on the Note 9 but was just curious... Has anyone heard anything? I like the fact that I can charge and use DeX at same time.
    08-11-2019 05:48 PM
    I haven't heard anything myself but I would be interested in this also as I have the first gen Dex dock. It looks like you just plug in your USB-C to USB (charging cable) from phone to PC from what I can see, so maybe it would charge at the same time?
    08-11-2019 06:35 PM
    I don't know if the Note 10 or 10+ will fit in the original DeX dock or not (as in, I really don't know because I don't own it). However, I use a DeX pad with my S10+ and can say that since there are no obstacles on the sides, the size of the Note 10/10+ shouldn't be a hinderance. I'll be able to report with more certainty in about ten days!
    08-11-2019 07:14 PM
    Does the S10 + work with the original Dex dock?

I have that one.
    08-13-2019 04:58 PM
    Does the S10 + work with the original Dex dock?

I have that one.
    No longer need the pad just connect to any computer.
    08-13-2019 06:38 PM
    No longer need the pad just connect to any computer.
    If I remember the launch correctly, one only needs an HDMI and monitor right? I think they said Dex lives within the device?
    08-13-2019 07:06 PM
    If I remember the launch correctly, one only needs an HDMI and monitor right? I think they said Dex lives within the device?
    That's correct on both IOS and windows.
    08-13-2019 07:12 PM
    I would think it would still work connected to the dock or pad... I find plugging it straight into the computer and using it that way needless... who needs that when you got windows... I like plugging it into the DeX pad best or dock.. yes, DeX is on the device I believe.
    08-13-2019 07:17 PM
    Yes, but what is new is that you can connect it to a Windows PC or laptop and then use the monitor, keyboard, and mouse of the PC which is great too. Not sure if you can plug it into a Mac. When I was at the Unpacked event, it was all Windows.
    08-13-2019 07:18 PM
    I would think it would still work connected to the dock or pad... I find plugging it straight into the computer and using it that way needless... who needs that when you got windows... I like plugging it into the DeX pad best or dock.. yes, DeX is on the device I believe.
    I’ve heard people say that who needs it when you have windows, but with features like video editing being so strong on the Note 10, I welcome being able to do it on a bigger screen and other phone tasks.
    08-13-2019 07:20 PM
    I’ve heard people say that who needs it when you have windows, but with features like video editing being so strong on the Note 10, I welcome being able to do it on a bigger screen and other phone tasks.
    I just use a cheap $15 USB c to hdmi on my note 9 and hook it up to my 60 inch TV. I use a blue tooth keyboard and mouse and a USB hub if I need to charge the phone.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-13-2019 07:36 PM
    For mac/windows you will just need USB and download an app on the computer.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=HGN9p-fo
    08-13-2019 07:36 PM
    One thing I love about my second generation Dexpad is the fact that it charges the phone while you are using it. I also have the Samsung cable which works good if you want to just plug it in. The one downside to the Dexpad is that I have to take my case off to use it. My wife has a LED Wallet case and she doesn't have to take her case off. And with my Note 9, the fingerprint reader is on the back, so I can't use my password manager via fingerprint reader. With my Note 10, I will be able to use the front fingerprint reader.
    I hope my new Note 10 will be compatible with my Dexpad.
    08-13-2019 08:19 PM
    For those who want to charge their phone while using DeX, this looks useful:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=PoCgJ0Mf

It is designed such that the size of the Note 10+ (and future phones) will not be an issue.
    hooligan03 likes this.
    08-13-2019 08:43 PM
    So I'm curious if the Note 10 will be compatible with the DeX pad. Love DeX on the Note 9 but was just curious... Has anyone heard anything? I like the fact that I can charge and use DeX at same time.
    I have both dex pads. Considering the note 9 is same in size there is plenty of room for it to fit in there.
    08-14-2019 09:10 AM
    For those who want to charge their phone while using DeX, this looks useful:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=2gsXIJ8p

It is designed such that the size of the Note 10+ (and future phones) will not be an issue.
    Thanks for sharing this.. I like the fact that you can hook up external hard drives to this.
    08-14-2019 09:39 AM
    I have both dex pads. Considering the note 9 is same in size there is plenty of room for it to fit in there.
    That's what I was thinking too. Should work the same on the Note 10/10+
    08-14-2019 09:41 AM
    Yeah the Note 9 fit in my original DeX dock so I don't see why the Note 10+ wouldn't. I prefer the DeX dock for the additional ports and Ethernet connection.
    08-14-2019 11:30 AM
    Another reason for the DeXpad was the 835 ran a lot warmer and had the fan in case needed.
    08-14-2019 11:42 AM
    Yeah the Note 9 fit in my original DeX dock so I don't see why the Note 10+ wouldn't. I prefer the DeX dock for the additional ports and Ethernet connection.
    I wonder if the USB-C power port can also pass data. It could then be used for this Windows Integration. Not sure how that might work with and USB decides plugged into the DEX Pad, but some might prefer it to just a cable. Perhaps I'll take mine out of it's box later and try my N9 with it connected to laptop.
    08-14-2019 12:56 PM
    I wonder if the USB-C power port can also pass data. It could then be used for this Windows Integration. Not sure how that might work with and USB decides plugged into the DEX Pad, but some might prefer it to just a cable. Perhaps I'll take mine out of it's box later and try my N9 with it connected to laptop.
    Confirmed. The DEX Pad does not pass data through the USB-C port. I tried plugging it into my personal laptop's USB 3.0 port and my work laptop's USB-C port. With my personal laptop, a warning came up saying to plug into a Samsung fast charger. My work laptop brought up a message saying to charge faster, plug it into a Samsung fast charger. Neither could see the phone through Windows explorer. Oh well.
    08-14-2019 09:13 PM