Favorite new features on the Note 10/10+?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Question for everyone, but especially the crazies like myself who upgrade every six months. What's the most cool/interesting features on the new Note that distinguish it from your previous phone?

I remember with the S10+ it was wireless powershare, since I could charge my Galaxy Watch without a separate charger, finally. With the Note 10+ I've got to say the equivalent quantum leap is the Microsoft integration and Samsung DeX on laptops. This is going to be a big deal because now I can get calls and texts on my Windows laptop at home, just as Apple users have been able to do with iMessage for years now. And when I go to work, I can plug my phone into my MacBook and check personal email/text/WhatsApp with relative ease (yes, DeX apparently works with MacOS).

A more minor issue, but while I wish we had a dual front facing camera like with the S10+, I'm pleased it's in the center. My selfies will no longer make it appear that I'm looking off to the side.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not really one feature for me, but the overall package. I change phones a good bit, but don't necessarily use Samsung that much. I had the Note 7, S7 Edge, and S8+. I'm hoping to get a chance to really get used to the Spen this time around since I didn't get to keep the Note 7 very long.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
It's not really one feature for me, but the overall package. I change phones a good bit, but don't necessarily use Samsung that much. I had the Note 7, S7 Edge, and S8+. I'm hoping to get a chance to really get used to the Spen this time around since I didn't get to keep the Note 7 very long.

In that case I think you're going to like the Bluetooth capabilities of the S-Pen. They introduced this with the Note 9, and the ability to take pictures remotely was pretty great. It really expands the capabilities in terms of selfies, and you can also take group shots without relying on a timer.

Of course this year they've added S-Pen gestures. Curious to see if I'll end up using this.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Question for everyone, but especially the crazies like myself who upgrade every six months. What's the most cool/interesting features on the new Note that distinguish it from your previous phone?

I remember with the S10+ it was wireless powershare, since I could charge my Galaxy Watch without a separate charger, finally.

Yes, I can see myself using it for my Galaxy Watch, will come in handy.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm intrigued with the MS integration. That can be major for me when taking notes in meetings. There's the potential to go back to my office and have them already neatly packaged in a file. I wonder if we'd have bullet point capability. Oh the potential!

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Guess my experience is unique, I was really on the fence between this and the One Plus 7 Pro, pretty much just a click away from getting the 7 Pro on Amazon until they announced that the Note 10+ can do 3D modeling templates, I do a bit of 3D printing so that made me jump without hesitation!

3D scanning cameras that need to get plugged into a computer and are still a 50/50 chance of coming out crappy are $600+ so it was a no brainer, plus the fact that I've been a Samsung smartphone loyalist since the Blackjack 1 (sans the double Note 7 fiasco when I got an LG V20 to pass the time until the Note 8), so Samsung better do me right this time!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm intrigued with the MS integration. That can be major for me when taking notes in meetings. There's the potential to go back to my office and have them already neatly packaged in a file. I wonder if we'd have bullet point capability. Oh the potential!
That's my favorite too depending on how integrated. I'm planning on getting an lte tab s6 so if they all sync without wires it will be the perfect work solution.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking the new spen features. I haven't always utilized my s pen as much as I should. The new features are making me want to try use the spen more. I'm not a big fan of the gestures that we have on the note 9 phone , but I like the new gestures on the s pen.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big spen user so I'm excited about the new features, Microsoft integration - i read they were making a Samsung specific Office edition, they brought back the spen write on calendar function from several Notes ago. The GalaxyPlay Link sounds awesome. The spen gestures seem nice too if you use your phone to produce videos. Dex features look amazing too.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I remember with the S10+ it was wireless powershare, since I could charge my Galaxy Watch without a separate charger, finally. With the Note 10+ I've got to say the equivalent quantum leap is the Microsoft integration and Samsung DeX on laptops. This is going to be a big deal because now I can get calls and texts on my Windows laptop at home, just as Apple users have been able to do with iMessage for years now. And when I go to work, I can plug my phone into my MacBook and check personal email/text/WhatsApp with relative ease (yes, DeX apparently works with MacOS).

A more minor issue, but while I wish we had a dual front facing camera like with the S10+, I'm pleased it's in the center. My selfies will no longer make it appear that I'm looking off to the side.

Definitely the S Pen features. I use it a lot (swiping with it right now). I read PDFs and eBooks on my phone (definitely prefer them to the hard copy). It will be great turning pages with gestures. Plus scrolling through articles in the browser(better than pressing the button).45W fast charging will be immense for me. Microsoft integration is great too.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the write on calendar feature was a nice touch. I used that often. The Note line just randomly takes features off then years later they pop back up. I'm still waiting for the original Action Memo.

Do you remember with the N3 there was a camera feature where you could take a photo then flip it over and write on the back? I used that on a vacation to NYC and it was a total hit. When we were club hopping we'd take photos with people then flip the photo and write their name and #. I would LOVE to see that feature come back! (Although my club hopping days are loooooooong gone)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

My selfies never appear that way on the S10+

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the write on calendar feature was a nice touch. I used that often. The Note line just randomly takes features off then years later they pop back up. I'm still waiting for the original Action Memo.

Do you remember with the N3 there was a camera feature where you could take a photo then flip it over and write on the back? I used that on a vacation to NYC and it was a total hit. When we were club hopping we'd take photos with people then flip the photo and write their name and #. I would LOVE to see that feature come back! (Although my club hopping days are loooooooong gone)

Agree with you that was an awesome feature. Also, scrapbook was a great feature which isn't there now. Is there a way to collaborate on a note like Google keep between two persons now? If it is, that makes it great productivity tool.

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site

I forgot about that BUT YES I would LOVE to see that feature back. My club hopping days are long gone too, BUT my travel days are HERE!!!! LOL

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft integration. I thought I read a few months back Samsung was discontinuing their email app. I assume this is the reason since outlook auto installed. No point of 2 email apps already installed. I use outlook anyway so looking forward to it. I go back and forth between android messages on laptop and MS's Your Phone so hopefully will improve some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463