Will your device be delayed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The rep had to put me on hold for a minute to confirm I was an early reserve customer and confirm I ordered it thru the link provided, which I did. I was given a ticket# after he confirmed my early reserve status and was told that it will be escalated and resolved one way or another to make sure I receive mine by on launch date. So my advice to anyone who got their date pushed back **who pre-ordered thru the link provided by the early reserve email"** is to call Samsung and make them escalate/correct their mistake!
It's kind of cute that you believe this. Their reps are notorious for BS

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If o remember correctly 1 attempt must be made before requesting that...
I get a lot of tech stuff delivered to my house and for expensive stuff I always do hold at FedEx or UPS location. And both doesn't require first attempt to be made, may be because I have FedEx delivery manager or UPS choice. Even if that's the case it's free to sign up for anyone.

The only scenario I have seen is some shippers disable hold at FedEx location in which case it requires attempting delivery first. I don't remember that being the case for samsung.com or not.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If o remember correctly 1 attempt must be made before requesting that...
Just went back and looked at my various samsung.com deliveries and I have received everything at home. That can only indicate that they had hold at FedEx location disabled until first attempt and so I had to be at home to receive. Otherwise no way I wouldn't have done hold at FedEx location.

So you may right for samsung.com orders

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just went back and looked at my various samsung.com deliveries and I have received everything at home. That can only indicate that they had hold at FedEx location disabled until first attempt and so I had to be at home to receive. Otherwise no way I wouldn't have done hold at FedEx location.

So you may right for samsung.com orders

I know it's right for VZW orders they always a pain about that

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy is missing from the carriers. Wonder why, because I've heard they're notorious for late releases.
100% a lot of Bestbuy pre-orders are going to be mad when they don't get they're phone on release day. I'm still a little upset that I had to time going back and forth with a mobile manager for about 3 hours on why I should've gotten my pre-ordered phone since the store a few miles away showed they had adequate stock during the S10+ release. Oh and not to mention I received my note 8 a week early only to have to go to replace it on release day due to the bixby constantly coming on without being activated.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Even if signature required, do a hold at FedEx location preferably at your local FedEx distribution center and pick up at your convenience.
I definitely will be bbn picking this up vs waiting to deliver or having it sit on my porch

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems like it's only for newer orders after Samsung already starting running low on stock.

The excerpt from the article makes it sound like they are referring other countries when they state "the latter" At least thats the way it reads to me

"Initially, the Galaxy Note 10 and its larger sibling were slated to land on early buyers' doorsteps on Aug. 23 in the United States and other countries. However, it looks like the latter will be delayed a bit."

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The excerpt from the article makes it sound like they are referring other countries when they state "the latter" At least thats the way it reads to me

"Initially, the Galaxy Note 10 and its larger sibling were slated to land on early buyers' doorsteps on Aug. 23 in the United States and other countries. However, it looks like the latter will be delayed a bit."

It's not a very well written article. I hope that writer didn't get paid much for that. I can write better than that.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Seems like it's only for newer orders after Samsung already starting running low on stock.

Except I ordered mine on Friday with the early reserve link and mine still got pushed back. Thankfully it sounds like they're going to correct that for me

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

"The latter" meaning "its larger sibling". The Note 10 isn't delayed; it's only the Note 10+. At least that's how I understand it.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I would take that article with a grain of salt that's not coming from Samsung is coming from a third party

I agree. However, there are some who have seen their delivery date pushed back. A couple were pushed back, then put back to the original date...Yeah. Let's take it with 2 grains of salt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084