Was going to order Note 10 until...

gjh1978

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just watched a video and it appears that the power button doesn't turn off the phone. It just activates bixby no matter how long you hold it down. You have to pull down the notification tray and use an on screen icon?!?

That's INSANE AND A DEAL BREAKER..what happens if the screen malfunctions? You're screwed.

Was going to trade in my S10E for $600 and get the Note10 for $350, but this is a no-go now. Not for essentially an extra 2GB of RAM and an s-pen. Writing this in case others didn't know about this and would reconsider based on this.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just watched a video and it appears that the power button doesn't turn off the phone. It just activates bixby no matter how long you hold it down. You have to pull down the notification tray and use an on screen icon?!?

That's INSANE AND A DEAL BREAKER..what happens if the screen malfunctions? You're screwed.

Was going to trade in my S10E for $600 and get the Note10 for $350, but this is a no-go now. Not for essentially an extra 2GB of RAM and an s-pen. Writing this in case others didn't know about this and would reconsider based on this.

You can remap it to long press for power. Also, pressing volume down and side button will power off.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at the photos posted by Corvette in More Best Buy demo pics. There's a photo showing options to remap the side key also. Go get your Note 10 😉

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Do people actually power their phone off that much? It's a matter of swiping down and hitting the power button, not a big deal IMO

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Here's the menu..
95999f192d9cdf99dc2e4bbd8df64df9.jpg

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Maybe someone can help,on my S10+ when I finish on my phone I hit the power button to lock the screen and put it in my pocket. How would we do that on Note10/10+?

This is a millisecond action as I move my phone to my pocket.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe someone can help,on my S10+ when I finish on my phone I hit the power button to lock the screen and put it in my pocket. How would we do that on Note10/10+?

This is a millisecond action as I move my phone to my pocket.

Same way.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The power button is now on the left.... Where Bixby used to be. But it locks your phone just the same.
Yup. When the Bixby button first appeared in the Note series, the forums were flooded with angry comments about the useless third button. But now that it's reverting to the previous two-button arrangement, people are panicking.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yup. When the Bixby button first appeared in the Note series, the forums were flooded with angry comments about the useless third button. But now that it's reverting to the previous two-button arrangement, people are panicking.
Not me.... Going to set it up as a standard power button and forget it. Might use it as Google assistant button with an app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For those confused, quick press of the power button will still turn the screen on/off (or lock/unlock). You can customize what double press or long press does now (the latter usually reserved for power options (power off, restart,emergency mode) and now available to do Bixby). The power menu toggle on the notification bar has been there for a few iterations on Samsung phones (and it's more useful now if you choose not to assign the long press action to that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech