I actually got used to using these and now they are gone from the Note 10
    and Note 10 +
    08-13-2019 02:51 PM
    Well, keep in mind we never had secure facial recognition on any Samsung phone. We did have the insecure face scan done by the front facing camera, but to my knowledge that's still available on the Note 10 and 10+.

I missed the iris scanner for awhile, but I got used to the front facing fingerprint scanner on the S10+ and it is WAY more convenient, despite the higher failure rate.
    08-13-2019 03:11 PM
    I actually got used to using these and now they are gone from the Note 10
    and Note 10 +
    We get facial recognition, just not iris scanning.
    08-13-2019 05:26 PM
    I was never a fan of that Iris... I won't miss it...
    RevePro likes this.
    08-13-2019 05:43 PM
    I liked the iris scanner. I'm not saying I'll miss it. But when we had it, I used it.
    08-13-2019 06:25 PM
    I liked the iris scanner. I'm not saying I'll miss it. But when we had it, I used it.
    Same here. I currently use it on my Note8, and paid with the FPS on the back, it is a good combo for me. I might miss it on the Note10+ that I have ordered. I never used the face unlock.
    EMGSM and kevinpleasants like this.
    08-14-2019 05:41 AM
    I was never a fan of that Iris... I won't miss it...
    iris scanner never worked with my glasses on, which I have to wear. I tried it once in the morning, light on and no glasses and it worked nice.

I never tried the facial option.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    08-14-2019 06:48 AM
    We get facial recognition, just not iris scanning.
    I must have miss understood.

So it will all be done through the punch out ?
    08-14-2019 07:01 AM
    It never worked with my glasses on, which I have to wear. I tried it once in the morning, light on and no glasses and it worked nice.

I never tried the facial option.
    I'm using facial on S10+ now it's fast though I'm not sure how secure... Lol

We need to get iPhone style which I'm hearing coming to the new Pixel 4... Let's see more of it upcoming phones...
    08-14-2019 07:05 AM
    I must have miss understood.

So it will all be done through the punch out ?
    I don't believe the facial recognition required anything more than the camera. It was thr Iris sensor that required the additional infrared light.
    08-14-2019 07:12 AM
    Even Samsung's Iris Scanner wasn't very secure, but the facial recognition I especially wouldn't trust.
    08-14-2019 07:20 AM
    Both failed to work for me. Why burn out your eyes with the unneeded light from the iris scan?
    08-14-2019 08:53 AM
    Wow... Paranoid thread. Burned out eyes and broke into phones with photos.

Thankfully there are other options, like fingerprint, codes, and patterns. Plus double protecting the data by putting it into the secure folder with a different access method. Its unlikely someone could fake your face, and your pattern/pin.

Of course twins are screwed on all of the biometrics methods.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-14-2019 09:00 AM
    Even Samsung's Iris Scanner wasn't very secure, but the facial recognition I especially wouldn't trust.
    what are you talking about? nobody else can get into your phone since its YOUR face that i recorded lol.
    08-14-2019 10:02 AM
    Iris scanner I think was pretty secure, you could use for Samsung pay , it was regular face unlock that wasn't secure.
    mlbyanks11 likes this.
    08-14-2019 10:07 AM
    Iris scanner I think was pretty secure, you could use for Samsung pay , it was regular face unlock that wasn't secure.
    And how was it not secure since it needed your face to complete transactions. Your mom or dad cant get into your phone or complete a transaction with their face right?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-14-2019 10:12 AM
    And how was it not secure since it needed your face to complete transactions. Your mom or dad cant get into your phone or complete a transaction with their face right?
    The iris scanner is secured, regular face unlock wasn't because if someone resembled your face they could probably can get in . Iris scanner used your eyes which was much much harder .
    08-14-2019 10:17 AM
    The iris scanner is secured, regular face unlock wasn't because if someone resembled your face they could probably can get in . Iris scanner used your eyes which was much much harder .
    Right. With Samsung face unlock you could spoof it with a photo. With iris scanning someone would need to take a high res photo of you and put contact lenses over the eyes, and then maybe it would work.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-14-2019 10:31 AM
    Right. With Samsung face unlock you could spoof it with a photo. With iris scanning someone would need to take a high res photo of you and put contact lenses over the eyes, and then maybe it would work.
    Yeah exactly ..
    08-14-2019 10:32 AM
    Well technically its not secure because a simple photo can trick the phone. But as you pointed out, the average thief or busybody still won't be able to get into the phone.
    08-14-2019 10:43 AM
    what are you talking about? nobody else can get into your phone since its YOUR face that i recorded lol.
    As others have said, Samsung's facial recognition is easily fooled. All you need to do is have a photo of the phone owner on another phone, and it will unlock it.

That being said, I was incorrect with the Iris Scanner. I didn't realize it was secure enough to be used to authenticate log in and for Samsung Pay. But Samsung isn't offering that anymore, just regular face unlock.
    08-14-2019 11:07 AM

Oops, my bad. I didn't realize the Iris Scanner was secure enough for authentication. It's unfortunate they aren't offering it anymore. Forgive me? LOL
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-14-2019 11:08 AM
    Oops, my bad. I didn't realize the Iris Scanner was secure enough for authentication. It's unfortunate they aren't offering it anymore. Forgive me? LOL
    Lol no worries...
    Yeah its unfortunate they didn't include this after the s9 and note series
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-14-2019 11:12 AM
    Well technically its not secure because a simple photo can trick the phone. But as you pointed out, the average thief or busybody still won't be able to get into the phone.
    Not a simple photo a highly detailed photo. I tried taking multiple pictures transferring them to my tablet and the phone wasn't tricked. I think there's too much hype over this situation. Use face for unlocking phone and fps for banking and password protected apps./ Sites.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-14-2019 11:38 AM
    As others have said, Samsung's facial recognition is easily fooled. All you need to do is have a photo of the phone owner on another phone, and it will unlock it.

That being said, I was incorrect with the Iris Scanner. I didn't realize it was secure enough to be used to authenticate log in and for Samsung Pay. But Samsung isn't offering that anymore, just regular face unlock.
    Have you tried it? I have and it doesn't work. I even used my tablet so it's more life like and still nothing.
    08-14-2019 11:39 AM
40 12