What size storage did you choose and why? 256gb or 512gb.

What size Note 10 did you chooose? 256gb or 512gb

• Total voters

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I went with the 512, it was only $100 more and resale value will be better. Trade in value not so, but then again you always lose money on trade in for anything.

From the looks of it, guessing there won't be any shortages on the 512, most are going for the 256.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I might have considered the 512 if they had it in blue as well. But without the Gear VR compatibility, now I definitely don't need it. I was approaching 200 GB on my Note 9 when I had a bunch of Gear VR apps installed (had plenty of other things too). Plus, there isn't a difference in RAM this time around. So 256 for me.

Same here 256 aura blue , I have a 512 SD card , but I looked at my s10+ today and my storage needs are about 150 gb , so I might not even use it , specially if it's gonna slow down my precious

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
256 for me . plus I have a 256 SD card that I'm debating on whether to use or not with my 10.

Me too , SD or no SD?
Would hate for it to slow down my phone , when internal storage
(Ufs 3.0) is going to be 5 times faster in secuential read and 20 times faster in random reads than the sd card
But at the same time , don't wanna throw my 512 SD away after paying for it
Here's a speed comparison between our internal storage
(ufs 3.0) and SD cards
https://fossbytes.com/ufs-3-0-features-comparison-microsd/

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Me too , SD or no SD?
Would hate for it to slow down my phone , when internal storage
(Ufs 3.0) is going to be 5 times faster in secuential read and 20 times faster in random reads than the sd card
But at the same time , don't wanna throw my 512 SD away after paying for it
Here's a speed comparison between our internal storage
(ufs 3.0) and SD cards
https://fossbytes.com/ufs-3-0-features-comparison-microsd/

In practice, you're probably going to see the biggest a difference in app loading times (especially bigger apps). For example, when I was back in school, I had a fairly weak 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo laptop with an SSD. Our CAD computer lab had much more powerful desktops available (I don't remember specs but they were at or above 3 GHz for sure) but had mechanical HDDs. The lab computers were generally left on. I could cold boot my laptop and get the CAD software running well before anyone could login and launch the CAD software. But obviously, the desktops would operate better once it's up and running.

For media, which is going to be played at a set bitrate, you won't see any difference except when it's initially buffering, which really isn't that long anyways. I'd just keep apps on the internal storage and media on the external if you need the space. The camera might perform multiple shots better using internal storage of the SD card write speeds are a bottleneck. The gallery might load thumbnails a little quicker if you keep photos on the internal as well. But I currently keep mine on the SD card and never really noticed any delay (keeping in mind that DSLRs using SD Cards with fast write speeds don't seem to be struggling with this as far as I know).

While UFS 3.0 is great, I think your placing way too much emphasis on it than is warranted.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wanted the 512gb for vr also, but since it is not compatible, only need the 256gb. Plus the 512gb only comes in black. I'm getting the Aura Glow.
I might have considered the 512 if they had it in blue as well. But without the Gear VR compatibility, now I definitely don't need it. I was approaching 200 GB on my Note 9 when I had a bunch of Gear VR apps installed (had plenty of other things too). Plus, there isn't a difference in RAM this time around. So 256 for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20