10-10-2019 09:05 PM
135 12345 ...
tools
    Daniel, quick question about the included AKG USB-C headphones. Is it true that they feature active noise canceling? If so, how does it compare to the AKG NC60?
    08-17-2019 11:53 PM
    Has the FPS improved from the S10+
    Yeah fps 2.0 I heard a YouTuber call it that today , they say it's twice as fast , is it true?
    EMGSM likes this.
    08-18-2019 12:31 AM
    And please find a late model 45 watt charger if you don't have the Samsung one and do a charging test , a lot of us are waiting for that !
    friguy3 and KruseLudsMobile like this.
    08-18-2019 12:33 AM
    It shouldn't. The cameras on most high in flagships have gotten so good that it's not that big of a drop off.
    What about indoors (or outoors for that matter) of moving subjects like kids, pets, etc.? All reviews and camera comparisons videos/articles seem to always use stationary subjects when shooting pics. This is where I've personally seen the biggest difference between Samsung's latest phones (Note 9 and S10+) and the Pixel. Samsung phones have blur and often focus on stationary items in the background or foreground whereas with Pixel simply pointing and shooting in almost any scenario yeilds excellent results 99.9% of the times.
    08-18-2019 07:37 AM
    How do you take a screenshot? Still Power/Bixby + down volume? I assume hand gesture wave is still there as well.
    Pull out the S-pen and click screen write. Done.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    08-18-2019 08:05 AM
    Pull out the S-pen and click screen write. Done.
    That's an awkward and time-consuming method, unless you need to write something on the screen. I haven't received my phone yet, but according to the user manual, power+volume-down still works, as does the palm-swipe gesture, if enabled. There's also a screen-recorder feature.
    nuangel2 and toenail_flicker like this.
    08-18-2019 08:32 AM
    Daniel, quick question about the included AKG USB-C headphones. Is it true that they feature active noise canceling? If so, how does it compare to the AKG NC60?
    I think the noise cancelling AKG headphones were not included from what I can see, they are soon to be released though but at a cost as usual!
    08-18-2019 01:51 PM
    That's an awkward and time-consuming method, unless you need to write something on the screen. I haven't received my phone yet, but according to the user manual, power+volume-down still works, as does the palm-swipe gesture, if enabled. There's also a screen-recorder feature.
    It's not awkward and time consuming, it's been my preferred way of taking screen shots since the note 3. It's quick, easy, and you can share all or just part of the screen in a quick message without saving the image.

I just tested it; took a screen shot and sent it via text in less than 4 seconds.
    08-18-2019 06:40 PM
    I’ve seen in a couple unboxing videos that there is a clear, rubber case included in the box, but on other videos they don’t show it. Does it come with one?
    08-18-2019 09:27 PM
    I’ve seen in a couple unboxing videos that there is a clear, rubber case included in the box, but on other videos they don’t show it. Does it come with one?
    I think ones outside the US do - not inside the US.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-18-2019 09:34 PM
    Darn!
    08-18-2019 09:54 PM
    Darn!
    I could be wrong, but I think this has come up before.
    08-18-2019 09:56 PM
    I could be wrong, but I think this has come up before.
    Yeah usually they do that in certain region , yet to be in the US
    anon(10274434) likes this.
    08-18-2019 10:04 PM
    It's more Asia I think, don't see any in Europe.
    anon(10274434) likes this.
    08-19-2019 04:51 AM
    I see that you have updated your review with some real world battery results. How does it compare to the S10+?
    08-19-2019 10:27 PM
    It's not awkward and time consuming, it's been my preferred way of taking screen shots since the note 3. It's quick, easy, and you can share all or just part of the screen in a quick message without saving the image.

I just tested it; took a screen shot and sent it via text in less than 4 seconds.
    Yes, I agree it's a good method if you're doing those other things. But if you just want to take a screenshot, pressing the buttons takes less than one second.
    Dimas de Leon likes this.
    08-20-2019 12:42 PM
    What about indoors (or outoors for that matter) of moving subjects like kids, pets, etc.? All reviews and camera comparisons videos/articles seem to always use stationary subjects when shooting pics. This is where I've personally seen the biggest difference between Samsung's latest phones (Note 9 and S10+) and the Pixel. Samsung phones have blur and often focus on stationary items in the background or foreground whereas with Pixel simply pointing and shooting in almost any scenario yeilds excellent results 99.9% of the times.
    This is the main thing that has me seriously considering the switch to the Pixel 4. It's also frustrating that, as you point out, reviewers rarely if ever address this. Seems phone reviewers must not have kids (or dogs).
    YankInDaSouth and LuckiestLiz like this.
    08-21-2019 08:26 AM
    This is the main thing that has me seriously considering the switch to the Pixel 4. It's also frustrating that, as you point out, reviewers rarely if ever address this. Seems phone reviewers must not have kids (or dogs).
    The problem is, those are very unique situations. Not that they don't happen often, but they are hard to accurately and consistently reproduce for reviews. There are literally 1000s of variables that go into an indoor moving image. They are extremely hard to do well. They sound basic, but they are quite a challenge.
    08-21-2019 08:48 AM
    The problem is, those are very unique situations. Not that they don't happen often, but they are hard to accurately and consistently reproduce for reviews. There are literally 1000s of variables that go into an indoor moving image. They are extremely hard to do well. They sound basic, but they are quite a challenge.
    I imagine if you take enough indoor shots of kids and/or dogs, you can get a decent idea of which handles them better. YankInDaSouth is certainly not the first person on here I've seen suggest Pixels handles such shots better than Samsungs.
    08-21-2019 08:54 AM
    This is something that I will be testing heavily when I first get my Note 10+ ... It led me to return the Note 9 and S10+.

I love what Galaxy devices have to offer, and admit they have a lot more features to offer than Pixel devices. But my philosophy is this - the pictures I take with a device will be around a lot longer than the device I took it with. So, if picture quality is not what I like, I will not settle regardless of what ever else that device is capable of doing.
    08-21-2019 08:56 AM
    This is something that I will be testing heavily when I first get my Note 10+ ... It led me to return the Note 9 and S10+.

I love what Galaxy devices have to offer, and admit they have a lot more features to offer than Pixel devices. But my philosophy is this - the pictures I take with a device will be around a lot longer than the device I took it with. So, if picture quality is not what I like, I will not settle regardless of what ever else that device is capable of doing.
    I'll be on the lookout for your feedback. Maybe it'll make a good thread? Or part of a more general camera discussion thread more likely.
    YankInDaSouth and Apple2Droid like this.
    08-21-2019 09:05 AM
    I'll be on the lookout for your feedback. Maybe it'll make a good thread? Or part of a more general camera discussion thread more likely.
    Phone should be here tomorrow and I will certainly be sure to post some comparison pics.
    08-21-2019 09:25 AM
    I imagine if you take enough indoor shots of kids and/or dogs, you can get a decent idea of which handles them better. YankInDaSouth is certainly not the first person on here I've seen suggest Pixels handles such shots better than Samsungs.
    I am not arguing that point... I am just saying that this is why the reviewers don't review that aspect.
    08-22-2019 09:01 AM
    I am not arguing that point... I am just saying that this is why the reviewers don't review that aspect.
    I'm pointing out they certainly could (and should IMO) review that aspect regardless of there being more variables. With a number of people use their phones to take pictures of their kids/animals, it would make sense to review such a feature.
    08-22-2019 09:40 AM
    Quick question about the included AKG USB-C headphones (acting as antenna) for the NextRadio app. Are you able to pick up local FM (not streaming) using the included headphones and that app? I'm assuming FM chip still embedded though haven't seen that validated anywhere.
    08-22-2019 03:39 PM
135 12345 ...