I guess all Samsung can do is go up at this point in regards to haptics. That's one thing I always dislike about my Android phones. They don't hold a candle to iPhone with their Taptic Engine.
    Been thinking about this ever sense you brought it up and now that we've had our phones for a few days, I agree. These are vastly improved. I love the feel.
    08-24-2019 10:11 AM
    When you share photos thru NFC where do the go? I took about 60 pics this morning with my N10+ and shared them with my wife through NFC and I can't see where the pics are at on her phone.
    08-24-2019 10:21 AM
    please do a battery test and charging test from 100-0 and 0-100 with the Note 10+ vs Note 9 and other phones if possible such as S10+, S10 5G. Post it on youtube too if possible.

Such an easy test is do difficult to get from the media.
    And do a test like this one that I did!
    08-24-2019 10:05 PM
    Curious if it still has FM radio capability. Previous Samsungs have it (including the S10's) but these new Notes have no headphone jack.
    I have a pre-ordered black Note 10+ 512GB 5G unit. I used NetRadio on my note 8 with no issue - using the radio circuitry in the phone. However, NetRadio cannot find the AM/FM circuitry in my new Note 10+...
    08-24-2019 10:09 PM
    And please find a late model 45 watt charger if you don't have the Samsung one and do a charging test , a lot of us are waiting for that !
    Like this!
    08-24-2019 10:14 PM
    Just like the S10 series, there's a super basic screen protector installed. If you don't like screen protectors, you'll peel it right off and be much happier. If you do like screen protectors ... you'll peel it right off and put a better one on. It's pretty simple and cheap-feeling.
    Well put, and amusing.

As an aside, why expect anything really good as a toss-in on a phone like this? It's not like it is a high end phone running around $1,000 or so.

Oh, wait....
    j_hansen likes this.
    08-25-2019 08:45 AM
    I have a pre-ordered black Note 10+ 512GB 5G unit. I used NetRadio on my note 8 with no issue - using the radio circuitry in the phone. However, NetRadio cannot find the AM/FM circuitry in my new Note 10+...
    Darn! Looks like they may have phased out FM along with the headphone jack. Too bad...
    08-25-2019 12:36 PM
    I downloaded a wallpaper from Zedge and a set of icons from Samsung. Now when I try to use "dark mode" I get a message saying that 'dark mode" can't be used with "themes." So one wallpaper and an icon set is considered a "theme?" Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    08-25-2019 11:34 PM
    So if there is no longer an indicator light on top of the screen, how does one know if say a text message or email arrived?? Do you have to manually turn on your phone?
    08-26-2019 11:54 AM
    It does the same light-up animation around the front-facing camera as the S10

can that be turned off?
    08-26-2019 12:16 PM
    Darn! Looks like they may have phased out FM along with the headphone jack. Too bad...
    The FM radio is still there; part of Snapdragon 855. Verizon Tier 2 tech support just confirmed to me that it is blocked on the network. I reminded the tech that they haven't been blocking FM for a while now and cited past several devices I've used it on successfully. He agreed and is escalating it. I figure it is just an oversight by VZ during the launch. I'm due an update by end of week (not holding my breath).

So there it is FWIW.
    08-26-2019 04:25 PM
    When the phone is plugged in, is there a way to get rid of the notification that say 100% fully charged. It never goes away, unless one disconnects the charger plug. I have kept every Note I ever owned plugged in all the time. Never had a battery issue. Now I am just afraid of screen burn in with this notification that never goes away. Ay, ay, ay......
    08-26-2019 07:04 PM
    The FM radio is still there; part of Snapdragon 855. Verizon Tier 2 tech support just confirmed to me that it is blocked on the network. I reminded the tech that they haven't been blocking FM for a while now and cited past several devices I've used it on successfully. He agreed and is escalating it. I figure it is just an oversight by VZ during the launch. I'm due an update by end of week (not holding my breath).

So there it is FWIW.
    Not sure Verizon has anything to do with it. The S10 has the same chipset as the Note 10/+ and it supports FM. My original concern was with the headphone jack removed, the Note will not support it (FM uses wired headphones, connected to a 3.5mm jack, as the antenna).

From what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like it's still supported. FM tuner apps that used to work will no longer detect the necessary hardware.
    08-27-2019 07:57 AM
    So if there is no longer an indicator light on top of the screen, how does one know if say a text message or email arrived?? Do you have to manually turn on your phone?
    You'll see notification icons on the always on display
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    08-27-2019 08:47 AM
    Not sure Verizon has anything to do with it. The S10 has the same chipset as the Note 10/+ and it supports FM. My original concern was with the headphone jack removed, the Note will not support it (FM uses wired headphones, connected to a 3.5mm jack, as the antenna).

From what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like it's still supported. FM tuner apps that used to work will no longer detect the necessary hardware.
    There is still a wired option with USB C. NextRadio indicated at one time their compatibility with USB C connected headphones vs. the old 3.5mm jack. So the antenna would still exist. Who knows if they've actually implemented this though. Agree it looks likely unlikely FM will survive.
    08-27-2019 09:11 AM
    There is still a wired option with USB C. NextRadio indicated at one time their compatibility with USB C connected headphones vs. the old 3.5mm jack. So the antenna would still exist. Who knows if they've actually implemented this though. Agree it looks likely unlikely FM will survive.
    That could be a shame if that is phased out. I like the idea of having an on the go radio with me as long as I remembered to keep a pair of headphones in my Jeep.
    08-27-2019 10:29 AM
    That could be a shame if that is phased out. I like the idea of having an on the go radio with me as long as I remembered to keep a pair of headphones in my Jeep.
    We should know for sure based on the Exnyos version of the Note. Apparently the Exnyos S10 comes with the stock Samsung FM tuner app preinstalled. If that is not the case on the Exnyos Note 10's, that should all but confirm it's no longer supported.

We've heard crickets from the reviewers about it. Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?
    08-27-2019 11:11 AM
    The NextRadio app on the Google Store while used with the Note 8, even when the headphones not plugged in, would work but would show bad reception. I used Smart switch to move all the apps over to my Verizon Black Note 10+ 512GB 5G (made in Korea, manufactured in July) and did try the app again - didn't work - so uninstalled and then reinstalled it - got an error message saying it could not find any FM circuitry to talk to... However, I tried again just now to make sure, with the usb-c headphones plugged in... same result. See the picture...
    08-27-2019 05:36 PM
    We should know for sure based on the Exnyos version of the Note. Apparently the Exnyos S10 comes with the stock Samsung FM tuner app preinstalled. If that is not the case on the Exnyos Note 10's, that should all but confirm it's no longer supported.

We've heard crickets from the reviewers about it. Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?
    "Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?" Did you think there is someone that is paid to and responsible for answering all questions...?
    Squeeze Play likes this.
    08-27-2019 05:38 PM
    Honestly, I think they're vastly improved over the Galaxy Note 9 and S10 series, but I don't think my colleagues will agree. They're tighter and more granular, especially while typing, and overall I'm pretty happy with them. They're not quite Pixel 3 or iPhone good, but they're better.
    ios autocorrect will agree. anything else with brain will disSagree. haha, ios has better haptics hahaha
    08-27-2019 06:04 PM
    "Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?" Did you think there is someone that is paid to and responsible for answering all questions...?
    Ask OP. I have no idea.
    08-27-2019 07:37 PM
    Could it be possible that the nextradio app needs updating to work with the Note 10 FM chip or system ?
    Snapdragon used to have the fm chip and Exynos not
    08-28-2019 08:21 AM
    I had a phone at one point (not sure what one) my carrier (Verizon) had to enable the FM chip through an update. Maybe they are waiting to make sure everything else is in good order before flipping the switch on their end.

Could it be possible that the nextradio app needs updating to work with the Note 10 FM chip or system ?
    Snapdragon used to have the fm chip and Exynos not
    Or it could be a combination of carrier & app. who knows.
    08-28-2019 09:01 AM
    I had a phone at one point (not sure what one) my carrier (Verizon) had to enable the FM chip through an update. Maybe they are waiting to make sure everything else is in good order before flipping the switch on their end.

Or it could be a combination of carrier & app. who knows.
    This is why it would be great to have an answer one way or the other, to end the speculation.
    kuhawksr1 likes this.
    08-28-2019 11:37 AM
    This is why it would be great to have an answer one way or the other, to end the speculation.
    Per Samsung Tech ... no fm radio.

"I would like to inform you that the FM radio is not a chip which is available on the processor of the phone. It is a separate feature on the phone and the US versions of Samsung phones does not have the FM radio option."
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-29-2019 05:59 PM
125 ... 2345