10-10-2019 09:05 PM
135 ... 3456
tools
    That is not entirely true statement, see my comments above about the Note 8
    kuhawksr1 likes this.
    08-29-2019 08:22 PM
    Yep, that sounds like BS. My Qualcomm S10+ has FM radio. Same chip as the Note 10 and 10+.

But it also has a headphone jack. Just like all the other smartphones I ever owned that had FM radio and needed headphones plugged in to function.

Hence the reason for my question. Which it seems is now even being dodged by Samsung themselves. Interesting!
    kuhawksr1 and Apple2Droid like this.
    08-29-2019 09:10 PM
    is there not a spec sheet somewhere on Samsung.com that can clear it up?
    08-30-2019 02:40 PM
    My decision to pack up my Note 5 for a Note10+ is dependent on one thing, the viability of the 3D scanner. I've seen so little about it. No mention of scan resolution, or object export formats. I'm a 3d modeler/designer, the ability to import base objects (I suspect low resolution) and export in a usable format to Rhino or other package would be exceptional.
    Nostromo79 and Apple2Droid like this.
    09-08-2019 11:44 AM
    So if there is no longer an indicator light on top of the screen, how does one know if say a text message or email arrived?? Do you have to manually turn on your phone?
    There are a few apps already that try and solve this. For notifications I used aodNotify. Works good once set up.

I also used a battery indicator app while phone is open, it's called Energy Ring.
    runfar262 likes this.
    09-08-2019 09:22 PM
    Yep! Holding those two buttons now triggers the power menu but if you quickly hold power + down volume you take a screenshot. I still prefer the palm method, which works really well.
    What's the palm method of doing this??
    09-11-2019 08:05 PM
    What's the palm method of doing this??
    Swipe left to right using your palm
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    09-11-2019 08:17 PM
    On the AOD, is there a way to make the Gmail icon and the Email icon different colors. I have mostly business on gmail and family on email. Both the gmail icon and my email icon appear as orange on the AOD. It would be great to have separate colors and be able to tell which is which at a glance.
    09-11-2019 09:45 PM
    On the AOD, is there a way to make the Gmail icon and the Email icon different colors. I have mostly business on gmail and family on email. Both the gmail icon and my email icon appear as orange on the AOD. It would be great to have separate colors and be able to tell which is which at a glance.
    Have you checked LockStar from the Galaxy Store? I haven't looked at it, but I think it offers more customization that you can do in the AOD settings.
    runfar262 and Apple2Droid like this.
    09-11-2019 09:57 PM
    Sorry I may have missed it, however how intense is the vibrate motor? I felt the note 9 and the s10e were very week. What about the Note 10 or 10+?
    09-13-2019 12:22 PM
    Have you checked LockStar from the Galaxy Store? I haven't looked at it, but I think it offers more customization that you can do in the AOD settings.
    Thanks. I will check it out!
    09-13-2019 09:55 PM
    Sorry I may have missed it, however how intense is the vibrate motor? I felt the note 9 and the s10e were very week. What about the Note 10 or 10+?
    I wouldn't say it's weak, but it's not like one of those crappy feels like an engine starting haptic either. It's much more balanced and high quality. Closer to what you'd get on an iPhone.
    09-13-2019 09:59 PM
    Any way to turn off the charging notification while phone is charging? I hate seeing a potential "burn in" from this. At the moment, since I mostly charge overnight, I just turn off my 10+.
    09-17-2019 06:47 AM
    Any way to turn off the charging notification while phone is charging? I hate seeing a potential "burn in" from this. At the moment, since I mostly charge overnight, I just turn off my 10+.

set a black screensaver
    yarnsrj, runfar262 and Apple2Droid like this.
    09-17-2019 07:38 AM
    set a black screensaver
    Hey my old friend.. Thank you. Now I can show all the angry folks on the Samsung Community forum how to set up a "Black" screensaver to get rid of that constant charging notification until Sammy does an update to give us the option to turn it off.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-17-2019 09:27 AM
    Hey my old friend
    hey nice to see you! I hope they send one through. not my fix, but it works well.
    09-17-2019 10:21 AM
    hey nice to see you! I hope they send one through. not my fix, but it works well.
    LOL, the campers are happy for the time being. Thanks again.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-18-2019 02:16 AM
    LOL, the campers are happy for the time being. Thanks again.

you're welcome. side note, if you start having slow charging issues, it might be the screen saver. you can also install something like CCSWE or Package Disabler Pro and disable it.
    09-18-2019 05:51 AM
    Why does my live focus, especially selfies, not work hardly ever? On the screen it shows it's working but after the picture is taken, it's just a normal pic.
    09-18-2019 06:49 AM
    Just double checking here. After you take the Live Focus picture, it says at the bottom "Change Background Effect". When you click on it, you can increase and decrease the effect quite a bit.

Also, As you're taking the picture, for a few seconds a" BLUR"meter line shows up so you can change the BLUR before you shoot.
    09-18-2019 01:06 PM
    A buddy of mine, a current Note 10+ owner has this problem... She says on several occasions, when she gets up in the morning and takes her phone off the charger, the phone is turned Off and because it turned off at some point during the night, she misses her alarms and appointments. I've checked all her settings. Auto restart is already "OFF" and that was my initial thought. What else could be causing her phone to turn off? She said she hasn't installed any new apps.
    09-18-2019 01:32 PM
    Oh ok toenail_flicker. I saw your other post about the slow charging. Does the CCSWE app work for getting rid of the phone charging notification, if you don't mid my asking?
    09-19-2019 12:29 PM
    Oh ok toenail_flicker. I saw your other post about the slow charging. Does the CCSWE app work for getting rid of the phone charging notification, if you don't mid my asking?

yes it does. I personally prefer Package Disabler Pro (from their website), but CCSWE does the same thing, just offers fewer options.
    09-19-2019 12:41 PM
    Hey, Daniel here. We just got a few Note 10+ units into the studio and because there's no review embargo, we thought we'd take a few questions from you fine folks.

So ask away — what are you curious about with the Note 10+? We'll spend a couple days checking back here for new questions, and some of the Q+As will be posted in our ongoing review, which you'll be able to find right here tomorrow afternoon ET.
    Ok, then please answer.... how is the 5G performance? How is the battery drain when utilizing 5G?

The below is great news - but don't ignore my question -

5G is in NYC Sep 26th!!!!!

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/19/...-september-26/
    09-19-2019 07:56 PM
    Anyone have issues with vibration not working when using Stock Samsung Messages app? I've seen a few complaints on Samsung forum. I just noticed this issue myself. I have all vibrations enabled in notifications. What could be the issue.?

Edit.. vibration does work with text app But, it only vibrates for like 2 seconds so I'm not even aware that I have a message unless I look at my phone. How can we increase the vibration duration for text messages?
    09-20-2019 09:48 PM
135 ... 3456