AC editors have the Note 10+ in-hand and we're answering your Q's!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I think they're vastly improved over the Galaxy Note 9 and S10 series, but I don't think my colleagues will agree. They're tighter and more granular, especially while typing, and overall I'm pretty happy with them. They're not quite Pixel 3 or iPhone good, but they're better.

I guess all Samsung can do is go up at this point in regards to haptics. That's one thing I always dislike about my Android phones. They don't hold a candle to iPhone with their Taptic Engine.

Daniel Bader

Managing Editor, Android Central
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Some claim it comes with a screen protector. Did yours? What kind?

Is the pre-installed screen protector something you would use and keep on the phone? How much of a difference is there with and without it as far as the quality of the screen?

Yes, all Note 10 units come with a built-in screen protector. It's flimsy and plastic and gets dented really easily, but I'm leaving mine on for as long as possible to see how it holds up. If you're super scared of scratches, I'd invest in a good tempered glass protector if you're worried about it.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
How do you take a screenshot? Still Power/Bixby + down volume? I assume hand gesture wave is still there as well.

Yep! Holding those two buttons now triggers the power menu but if you quickly hold power + down volume you take a screenshot. I still prefer the palm method, which works really well.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
How fast is the fps on screen vs on the back ?
Has the FPS improved from the S10+

Not that I can tell. It appears to be the same sensor with the same endemic speed issues as on the S10 series. The sensor's also placed a little higher up on the screen (at least on the Note 10+) which took me a bit to get used to but it shouldn't be an issue after a couple of days.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Some claim it comes with a screen protector. Did yours? What kind?

Just like the S10 series, there's a super basic screen protector installed. If you don't like screen protectors, you'll peel it right off and be much happier. If you do like screen protectors ... you'll peel it right off and put a better one on. It's pretty simple and cheap-feeling.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you take a screenshot? Still Power/Bixby + down volume? I assume hand gesture wave is still there as well.

Volume down + power button, but you have to just press briefly rather than press and hold. A press and hold of that combo sends you into the power-off menu by default. You can still screenshot with a palm swipe or with the S Pen as well.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After the pie update my edge lighting works sporadically and it definitely doesn't work with the screen off .Have they fixed the edge lighting feature ? Is it better or still the same as on the note 9?

Duncan Sharp

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Hey, Daniel here. We just got a few Note 10+ units into the studio and because there's no review embargo, we thought we'd take a few questions from you fine folks.

So ask away — what are you curious about with the Note 10+? We'll spend a couple days checking back here for new questions, and some of the Q+As will be posted in our ongoing review, which you'll be able to find right here tomorrow afternoon ET.

Hi, will the review go up today? Are you working on easy coast time?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia