Samsung Note Functions

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Even though Action Memo was lost with the N8, I am still able to write a phone number with the Spen, save the note, and then hover over the number with my Spen and a phone icon would display that when clicked would dial the number. I'm just reviewing the user manual of the 10+ and do not see any reference to this function. Was this lost with the Note 9? This is one of the functions that I use the Spen for the most and would be really disappointed if this was discontinued.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Even though Action Memo was lost with the N8, I am still able to write a phone number with the Spen, save the note, and then hover over the number with my Spen and a phone icon would display that when clicked would dial the number. I'm just reviewing the user manual of the 10+ and do not see any reference to this function. Was this lost with the Note 9? This is one of the functions that I use the Spen for the most and would be really disappointed if this was discontinued.

Because of all the people complaining about the Action Memo being gone, Samsung added this feature a year or two ago. I don't think they will be getting rid of it soon.

Here is more info:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...laxy%2Fapps%2Fsamsung-notes%2F&token=C0p9rfNz

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Because of all the people complaining about the Action Memo being gone, Samsung added this feature a year or two ago. I don't think they will be getting rid of it soon.

Here is more info:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...laxy%2Fapps%2Fsamsung-notes%2F&token=_cZ_2Wh7

I was one of those people, with the N2 being my first Note and having every version since (skipped the N9) and relying heavily on the Action Memo functions. Thank you very much for the link! Now, if only the Cancel button would disappear!!!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I was one of those people, with the N2 being my first Note and having every version since (skipped the N9) and relying heavily on the Action Memo functions. Thank you very much for the link! Now, if only the Cancel button would disappear!!!

I hear ya. I've had every Note from 1 to 9 (I still have the Note 1) and every year it seemed like Samsung would remove a feature. What they should have done is improve on what is in place and add new features instead of taking away. Anyway, you're welcome.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Just tried action memo on my Note 3 and although the potential is there I found it to be slow and not recognising alot of written text correctly compared to today's Samsung Notes, if it were integrated today it would be great as today's Samsung Notes only incorporates 4 actions, phone, email, browser, sum, the old action memo had phone, contacts, messages, email, browser, map and task.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just tried action memo on my Note 3 and although the potential is there I found it to be slow and not recognising alot of written text correctly compared to today's Samsung Notes, if it were integrated today it would be great as today's Samsung Notes only incorporates 4 actions, phone, email, browser, sum, the old action memo had phone, contacts, messages, email, browser, map and task.

By the time AM got to the N5 it was fast (at least how I remember it) and IMO an indispensable productivity tool. Unfortunately, Samsung thought differently. When I got the N7 at BB, the Sammy rep told me that it was removed because it wasn't used. They didn't ask me!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I hope they bring those feature to Samsung Notes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
By the time AM got to the N5 it was fast (at least how I remember it) and IMO an indispensable productivity tool. Unfortunately, Samsung thought differently. When I got the N7 at BB, the Sammy rep told me that it was removed because it wasn't used. They didn't ask me!

I agree, Action Memo on the N5 was fast for me too.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I loved the feature where you could draw a box and the calculator would appear. I remember the N3 fondly. Not to mention writing on pictures. It was my first note and I've owned every one since.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Not to mention writing on pictures.
Photo note, wow that brings back some memories, to be fair the Note 3/4 had some awesome features which didn't make it to the more recent phones just like the Action memo, shame really as they would work fine and be useful to people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang