09-06-2019 09:12 AM
102 ... 2345
tools
    I am noticing that my unlocked N10+ is not showing up on my Verizon account
    it just a generic outline of a phone . I thought it might pick up what I am using

I too am not sure about the insurance and not seeing a clear answer above
    It shows up as a plain icon because they don't carry the variant but it lists the name of the device. As for the insurance I would check with Verizon or even better check with Asurian
    08-24-2019 08:06 AM
    I am noticing that my unlocked N10+ is not showing up on my Verizon account
    it just a generic outline of a phone . I thought it might pick up what I am using

I too am not sure about the insurance and not seeing a clear answer above
    I've noticed that as well. When I was trying to switch plans, it does properly recognize it as a Note 10+. Only on the overview page it seems to just display a phone outline and no name.
    08-24-2019 08:16 AM
    Verizon is by default, unlocked. Well, sorta. Verizon just got a waiver from the FCC allowing them to keep the phone locked up to 60 days after purchase.

Several Verizon stores were robbed; some of them were armed robberies in broad daylight. I can't blame Verizon for asking the FCC for the 60 day waiver.
    Many people buy the unlocked model for various different reasons like no bloat, carrier not removing OEM features etc. It's not just because it's sim unlocked.

I don't buy the Verizon story of oh we lock it for 60 days because of fraud etc. I don't trust anything the carriers say

Anyway it's Verizon version they can do whatever the hell they want since we have the option to buy unlocked model.
    08-24-2019 10:45 AM
    Many people buy the unlocked model for various different reasons like no bloat, carrier not removing OEM features etc. It's not just because it's sim unlocked.

I don't buy the Verizon story of oh we lock it for 60 days because of fraud etc. I don't trust anything the carriers say

Anyway it's Verizon version they can do whatever the hell they want since we have the option to buy unlocked model.
    Verizon didn't say anything about fraud. It's was about its stores being robbed. Several of them were ARMED robberies in broad Daylight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=veri...bbery&ie=utf-8

Locking the phones for 60 days will reduce the chance of robberies because the robbers can't sell them as quickly or at all.
    08-24-2019 11:57 AM
    Verizon didn't say anything about fraud. It's was about its stores being robbed. Several of them were ARMED robberies in broad Daylight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=veri...bbery&ie=utf-8

Locking the phones for 60 days will reduce the chance of robberies because the robbers can't sell them as quickly or at all.
    It's just a BS excuse to stall people from jumping to another carrier. The Verizon models sold direct or through others have the same restrictions.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-24-2019 01:01 PM
    It's just a BS excuse to stall people from jumping to another carrier. The Verizon models sold direct or through others have the same restrictions.
    This !!!
    08-24-2019 01:22 PM
    It shows up as a plain icon because they don't carry the variant but it lists the name of the device. As for the insurance I would check with Verizon or even better check with Asurian
    Here is how it looks on my My Verizon

Verizon or unlocked-vzw1.png
    08-24-2019 03:23 PM
    Here is how it looks on my My Verizon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VZW1.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	307980
    In a lower level menu it pops up with the device number but no image
    08-24-2019 06:23 PM
    OK now I feel better.

Found it under add on's plus it shows it is insured

Verizon or unlocked-insurance.jpg
    08-24-2019 08:19 PM
    I just learned I will not be able to use visual voicemail and a few other features because I bought the device unlocked from Samsung. I am planning to switch carriers though so no biggie.
    08-27-2019 05:47 PM
    I just learned I will not be able to use visual voicemail and a few other features because I bought the device unlocked from Samsung. I am planning to switch carriers though so no biggie.
    Your on unlocked model?
    08-27-2019 06:05 PM
    Your on unlocked model?
    Yes I am on the unlocked model.
    08-27-2019 06:14 PM
    Yes I am on the unlocked model.
    You could flash to carrier firmware if you like..
    08-27-2019 06:17 PM
    You could flash to carrier firmware if you like..
    I do not think I want to do that. I mean the options are not live or die. I was just annoyed by it is all.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-27-2019 06:29 PM
    I do not think I want to do that. I mean the options are not live or die. I was just annoyed by it is all.
    Gotcha , it's available if you ever wanted to do so.
    08-27-2019 06:35 PM
    The only feature that I believe does not work is video conferencing. I received a voicemail and when I tried to retrieve it I received a prompt to download Samsung Visual Voicemail. It works just like Verizon's version as far as I can tell. According to Verizon, HD voice is now called VoLTE and WIFI calling is also present.
    08-27-2019 06:59 PM
    The only feature that I believe does not work is video conferencing. I received a voicemail and when I tried to retrieve it I received a prompt to download Samsung Visual Voicemail. It works just like Verizon's version as far as I can tell. According to Verizon, HD voice is now called VoLTE and WIFI calling is also present.
    Honestly I think it's a glitch on my side. I will be contacting them tomorrow. I didnt receive a prompt but I will look into it as well.
    08-27-2019 10:49 PM
    Honestly I think it's a glitch on my side. I will be contacting them tomorrow. I didnt receive a prompt but I will look into it as well.
    I hope you have better luck with them then I did. After an hour on the phone, the Verizon rep connected me with Samsung so that I could tell Samsung to give me a special software update to enable Visual Voicemail. Of course, Samsung told me to contact Verizon because it was their responsibility to provide the app. Neither rep knew that the app is now Samsung Visual Voicemail. Frustrating, to say the least.
    08-28-2019 09:14 AM
    I hope you have better luck with them then I did. After an hour on the phone, the Verizon rep connected me with Samsung so that I could tell Samsung to give me a special software update to enable Visual Voicemail. Of course, Samsung told me to contact Verizon because it was their responsibility to provide the app. Neither rep knew that the app is now Samsung Visual Voicemail. Frustrating, to say the least.
    Oh really? I had no idea. I tried looking for samsung visuals voicemail and I cant find it so it looks like i will need to contact Samsung as well. Oh joy!
    09-04-2019 07:39 PM
    Yes. You will lose Visual Voicemail and other features. Made that mistake with the S9 but was able to swap back to the Verizon model
    You get Samsung's Visual Voicemail
    09-04-2019 07:50 PM
    Oh really? I had no idea. I tried looking for samsung visuals voicemail and I cant find it so it looks like i will need to contact Samsung as well. Oh joy!
    What carrier? It loads after someone leaves a message on Verizon
    09-04-2019 07:51 PM
    What carrier? It loads after someone leaves a message on Verizon
    What loads after a message is left ?

Mine N10+ is unlocked and I am using the VZW network and I am not getting anything other than my regular voice mail
    09-04-2019 10:04 PM
    If you contact Samsung you'll be told to contact Verizon. Neither company knows that Samsung Visual Voice has replaced Verizon Visual Voicemail even though you will continue your $2.99 subscription through Verizon. Once you get a message and attempt to retrieve it through Verizon basic voicemail, you should receive a prompt to download Samsung Visual Voicemail from the Galaxy store.
    09-04-2019 10:10 PM
    If you contact Samsung you'll be told to contact Verizon. Neither company knows that Samsung Visual Voice has replaced Verizon Visual Voicemail even though you will continue your $2.99 subscription through Verizon. Once you get a message and attempt to retrieve it through Verizon basic voicemail, you should receive a prompt to download Samsung Visual Voicemail from the Galaxy store.
    I received a prompt but not for Samsung Visual Voicemail just one from Verizon saying I need to call them to get it activated. Which we both know will not work.
    09-06-2019 04:59 AM
    What loads after a message is left ?

Mine N10+ is unlocked and I am using the VZW network and I am not getting anything other than my regular voice mail
    Message loads to get visual voicemail or to call voicemail. When I pick visual it says it cannot place the order and to call Verizon.
    09-06-2019 05:00 AM
102 ... 2345