Verizon or unlocked

hsiller

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon as my carrier. I've pre-ordered note 10+ unlocked at best buy. I've never bought an unlocked phone. Will I be missing features. I've read that unlocked phones take longer to get updates. Is this true?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon as my carrier. I've pre-ordered note 10+ unlocked at best buy. I've never bought an unlocked phone. Will I be missing features. I've read that unlocked phones take longer to get updates. Is this true?
May take slightly longer to get updates

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the unlocked N9, but only got due to 512gb Verizon version took almost two months longer to be instock.

Getting the V version. 512 again.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have VZW has a carrier and ordered Samsung unlocked phones for my past 3 phones. Unlocked phones get the updates last, but at least there's no bloatware to deal with.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
WiFi calling and HD voice calling I think. Both are not available on unlocked phones from Verizon.

I left them about 5 years ago for nasty things like this. I am with T-Mobile now. Always buy unlocked and everything works on T-Mobile.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
WiFi calling and HD voice calling I think. Both are not available on unlocked phones from Verizon.

I left them about 5 years ago for nasty things like this. I am with T-Mobile now. Always buy unlocked and everything works on T-Mobile.
That's no longer true according to other Samsung owners of S10s

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have VZW has a carrier and ordered Samsung unlocked phones for my past 3 phones. Unlocked phones get the updates last, but at least there's no bloatware to deal with.
And what are you missing if anything based on some of the comments in this thread?

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 9 in perfect condition. If I decide to trade it in for $600 plus the additional $150(?) From Samsung do I save the $ up front or only after 2 years of payments?

I like to pay cash and VZW is my carrier. Can i get the full amount of the offer and pay cash for the 10plus5G if all I am doing is upgrading not opening a new line? Where? BestBuy or VZW store?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordering thru Sammy you save it upfront... I don't think you have to do Payments. You do have to get the unlocked version tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781