Verizon or unlocked

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
CrapifIknow. I'm thinking about going back to iPhone if Google/Android can't start fixing simple things like Smart Lock and Storing my settings the way I want. Every time I open Chrome it sends me that Discover BS no matter how many times I turn it off in settings in the browser and in Phone settings. I have it set to a different Homepage but it removes it with that Discover. I know where and how to get my news and I don't need Google forcing down my throat

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
VZW but where I live I have no choice because the others have no cellphone towers within my area. no AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint will work here.

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
My note 9 on the unlocked firmware did

When you say that Unlocked models have their own visual voicemail, does it work seamlessly with Verizon service? Is it the same as the Verizon service?

My main concern with getting an Unlocked model is LOSING visual voicemail. I could care less about HD voice or wifi calling.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you say that Unlocked models have their own visual voicemail, does it work seamlessly with Verizon service? Is it the same as the Verizon service?

My main concern with getting an Unlocked model is LOSING visual voicemail. I could care less about HD voice or wifi calling.
I'm not sure how Verizon models are , but yes it does have its own visual voice mail and worked great .I used it on TMobile sim and Att on the unlocked Note 9 firmware

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
@bhatech do you have Verizon on your unlocked S10 ?

Yeah I have Verizon but no longer have the unlocked S10 in hand since sold it couple of weeks back in anticipation for Note 10 and trading in the pixel 3 now.

Most Verizon features like WiFi calling, VoLTE etc all work. Visual voice mail no idea since I'm not using any carrier voicemail features. I use Google voice. Even WiFi calling I don't use but it works.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of my Verizon S10+. You see the red voicemail icon? That's VZW VVM. The app is not baked in to the dialer but when you receive VVM's they popup as a notification and all you do is tap the notification and it opens VVM. When I go to the dialer and hold down the #1 it dials into voicemail and prompts for a password then you have to sit and wait and listen to every VM to be read to you. It will read the number that called then play the message.
If you open VVM by tapping the notification it goes straight to voicemail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-231745_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-231745_One UI Home.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20190819-232421_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-232421_One UI Home.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz