Is there a way to pick which files you transfer using Smart Switch or do you have to choose all files. Same Q for apps.
    Transferring from a Note 8 to the 10 plus. I've been transferring since the note 5 and I really want to clean the files up if possible.
    Will it even matter?
    08-18-2019 08:23 PM
    Is there a way to pick which files you transfer using Smart Switch or do you have to choose all files. Same Q for apps.
    Transferring from a Note 8 to the 10 plus. I've been transferring since the note 5 and I really want to clean the files up if possible.
    Will it even matter?
    You can pick and choose what you want
    08-18-2019 08:24 PM
    Yes you can choose which files once you open smart switch and choose the back up , just check what you want to follow over
    08-18-2019 08:25 PM
    Thanks! That's good to know. Figuring out what I need to bring over might be interesting.
    I have a ton of files in Samsung notes. Will they all transfer automatic because it's part of the software?
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-18-2019 08:30 PM
    I'm also moving from the Note8 to the Note10. But I'm trading in, through Best Buy. Can I just back up to my SD Card, so that I don't have to wait for the Best Buy rep to do everything? I'd like to do all the setup at home, so I can really get my own user experience with everything. Probably sounds trivial to others.
    08-19-2019 05:58 AM
    They don't have to do anything. I got my S10 plus through them upgrading from my Note 9 then decided to return the S10 plus within the time frame to get the Note 10 plus preorder. When I picked up the S10 plus I just grabbed the box and went and set it up on my own later on
    Bkdodger1 and Serkle K like this.
    08-19-2019 06:00 AM
    I have friends at BB but I've done it same way every time... Get my trade in set with them and leave with the phone sealed in box.. I like to set up my phones at home... Before I trade in the old phone I do a Nova launcher backup / sms pro back up... Files saved and ready... Factory reset phone before I get to BB... Then they do it again lol bc they have to reset it in store haha...
    08-19-2019 06:42 AM
    I have friends at BB but I've done it same way every time... Get my trade in set with them and leave with the phone sealed in box.. I like to set up my phones at home... Before I trade in the old phone I do a Nova launcher backup / sms pro back up... Files saved and ready... Factory reset phone before I get to BB... Then they do it again lol bc they have to reset it in store haha...
    I dont use other launchers. I usually use smart switch. So I should be good to back up to my SD Card, right? IIRC, they've never let me leave with the device unless it was purchased outright. They usually take everything and run with it. I dont want to be a jerk to them, I know they just doing their jobs. How do you suggest I go about getting them to just take my trade and let me leave and set everything else us? I've never done a trade in with BestBuy before.
    08-19-2019 09:39 AM
    I dont use other launchers. I usually use smart switch. So I should be good to back up to my SD Card, right? IIRC, they've never let me leave with the device unless it was purchased outright. They usually take everything and run with it. I dont want to be a jerk to them, I know they just doing their jobs. How do you suggest I go about getting them to just take my trade and let me leave and set everything else us? I've never done a trade in with BestBuy before.
    I buy unlocked and pay off with my BB credit card maybe why I can leave without opening.. I've never used them with monthly thru carrier... I don't use Smart switch... I usually backup to my computer as well...
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-19-2019 12:12 PM
    if you really don't want them to, just say so. they are insistent, but its more of a customer service thing than some sort of store law. also gives them a chance to sell insurance, accessories, etc.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-19-2019 12:40 PM
    I buy unlocked and pay off with my BB credit card maybe why I can leave without opening.. I've never used them with monthly thru carrier... I don't use Smart switch... I usually backup to my computer as well...
    Yeah, I usually put it all on my BB card and pay it down too. But because I need to go with certain features, I have to get the AT&T branded one. It's not a huge deal to me, as long as I get what I need out of it. What program are you using on your computer to make the backup?
    08-19-2019 12:48 PM
    Yeah, I usually put it all on my BB card and pay it down too. But because I need to go with certain features, I have to get the AT&T branded one. It's not a huge deal to me, as long as I get what I need out of it. What program are you using on your computer to make the backup?
    You should be good to leave with it fully sealed in box... Really no program on computer just drag over any files I may want on it... I have Mac pro... My photos are all on Google...
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-19-2019 01:25 PM
    You should be good to leave with it fully sealed in box... Really no program on computer just drag over any files I may want on it... I have Mac pro... My photos are all on Google...
    Cool, thank you! I'll let you guys know how I fared.
    Bkdodger1 likes this.
    08-19-2019 02:09 PM
    Does using Smart Switch to transfer apps also transfer the app data with it ?
    08-19-2019 03:48 PM
    I never used smart switching and really don't know that much about it. I always used google backup. I just got a new samsung tablet over the weekend and installed my note 8 backup on it without any real problems using google. since I used a launcher, I had to set that back up but otherwise just about every thing may the move. How is smart switching different? Is it better?
    08-19-2019 05:09 PM
    Smart Switch works great but it will not save the settings in most apps. Other than that it's pretty painless.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-19-2019 07:59 PM
    Does using Smart Switch to transfer apps also transfer the app data with it ?
    It depends on the app. Where the data isn't backed up and transferred by Smart Switch, I use Helium.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-20-2019 03:46 AM
    Will Helium save all of the settings in Poweramp? Does it work the same as smart switch?
    08-20-2019 08:34 AM
    It should do, when you are given the option in Helium to back up app data, it will show you the apps that it will save user data. It is more complicated than Smart Switch, to get working.
    08-21-2019 02:57 AM
    It depends on the app. Where the data isn't backed up and transferred by Smart Switch, I use Helium.
    Man do i ever miss having a rooted phone and being able to use titanium
    Galactic Zoo likes this.
    08-21-2019 04:56 AM